ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
KfQzN96.png

Welp

Chick actually frequented our tailgates several years ago in the ol' Orange grass lot.

IIRC, was a prude and didn't drink... only came around with her friend. Your typical God Squad starlet who was pretty pretentious about ish.

Definitely SMOKE, though. Grief.

Last edited:
The pic wkyt is running is way better than the one posted above. Way less stressed and more content looking. Got a lil pink eye going on in her left eye. Looks a little more "turnt out" now. I'll reserve judgement. She just needs support right now, imo, but not as much as her husband needs.

lindsey+jarvis.jpg

Chick actually frequented our tailgates several years ago in the ol' Orange grass lot.

IIRC, was a prude and didn't drink... only came around with her friend. Your typical God Squad starlet who was pretty pretentious about ish.

Definitely SMOKE, though. Grief.

I went to college with her. You're spot on

Princess Leia having cocaine, ecstasy and heroin in her system at the time of her death makes me kind of reevaluate how nerdy you star wars dorks are. Had no idea you all went at it like that.

Reactions: Mashburned
Major League Soccer in the US is still a minor league soccer team. $200 million for a stadium plus $150 million for a franchise seems like such a great investment.

-Big Pharma will eventually have it's tobacco tipping point but they have their claws in us right now. Terrifying stuff. At least nicotine is, in relation to opioids, easier to kick and not as destructive to your life. Mainly it doesn't make you want to shoot up really strong heroine. Bad stuff, man.

-Speaking of tobacco, it's amazing that Europeans smoke as much as they do. They can say all they want about us guzzling cheeseburgers and cokes. Those fools smoke heaters like they have no tomorrow and the cigarette packages have the most revolting graphics you've ever seen. It's really something.

-I like Jackson/Fox better than Ball/Fultz. Ts. I'd be loving that 3/4 pick range.

-Sounds like our dudes are having a nice U19 event with Knox really looking good. Wodie to have some real footage and nuggets this time of year.

-UL stuff is just unbelievable. After squirming their way out of seemingly every situation imaginable for 10-15 years nice to see it finally coming back. Systematic issue dating way back for the Pitino era at UL and it starts with the coach being out in public drinking and womanizing. Truth. He is absolutely responsible and not second hand. No coincidence both his scandals are related. Forcing 16-18 kids to bang a whore. For f*cksake. Grow a conscious. Hate to think what I would do if it was my school, but I can honestly say supporting my coach wouldn't be it. That's unimaginable. Harsh penalty by the NCAA but absolutely deserved.

-Just got back from an amazing eurotrip.
*Venice - Very neat place, way overrun with tourist, but when you wondered away from San Marco it was really nice. Art there is great.
*Split - Not a big fan. Selling really bad knock off stuff in a flea market setting in the corridor of a 1st century castle is pretty miserable. People had a really hard life so I'll give them a pass.
*Dubrovnik - pretty busy, a little touristy, but overall a beautiful place. Very cool kayak tour around the city, Lockrum and a cave beach.
*Kotor - the area was just breathtaking scenery, something out of a book, massive mountains right on the Adriatic. Quaint. Hiked up to a Castle on the side of a mountain.
*Sicily, fell in love with the place as you would expect with family from there. Decided it would be a good idea to cycle to the top of Mt Etna, active volcano, it was not a good idea. Well it was actually awesome but it was hard as f*ck. 6000' on about 30km in 95 degree and humid as balls is not something I'm used to. Very cool experience but crazy challenging. I will be back to that place sooner than later.
*Amalfi/Positano - Same with Sicily. Unreal views but need some more time there.
*Rome was at the end of a long tour that typically sets up disappointment and it took about 24 hours for me to actually get it but the final meal there was overlooking the city from a rooftop as the sun set in the distance and I was hooked. Like Paris, I'll spend a lot more time there. The history is just unbelievable. Also, the Catholic Church, shew. Kind of a bittersweet bewilderment at the amount of power/history/greed/awesome/holy mix they have in Vatican City. Not sure if I should be proud or ashamed. It's something worth seeing, regardless of the meaning. Colosseum nighttime tour was one of the highlights. Humidity was the lowlight.

-Was ready to be back about 5 days from the end. I just get worn out at 6-7 days no matter what. Great experience though. Always great when you join up with a few couples on those trips and end up partying with them the whole time.

Watching "Betting on Zero" on Netflix, wondering how many CatsPaws posters sold Herbalife.

The Hen and Fields Facebook MLM docs in a few years are going to be tremendous.

Last edited:
We ran through HoC from start to finish in about 2 weeks. Honestly thought the new season was kind of a let down but whatev. Still enjoy it. Neve Campbell drives me crazy.

First 5U tournament was a rousing success - if you hadn't heard please check my facebook page for various shots of the trophy presentation. Those kids just absolutely.f*cken.mash. It's incredible the talent we have compiled.

You ever just sit and watch those surfers riding the huge waves, like out in Hawaii?? How the heck do they do that? That's one of those things where I just know, no matter how hard I try I could NEVER do that. Sorta like gymnastics or tumbling. Just not in the cards for dad.

On a big early 90's west coast rap kick. Perfect summer music imo. Snoop, Pac, Dre. Hits only. No deep tracks. That and a fresh pack of snus and the windows down = don't mind if I do

Anyone else hate the guest host weeks for KSR? I usually listen to the show on podcast but I just have no desire to listen to Matthew Mitchell or Seth Greenberg yammer on for 2 hours about god knows what. Personally think it's kinda selfish Matt Jones takes 9 weeks of vacation. Guarantee you he spends the entire 9 weeks in Myrtle beach riding go karts. Snob.

Last edited:
Anyone else hate the guest host weeks for KSR?

Yeah no matter how it much he pimps it I usually start to listen and then delete the podcast. I'm sure ole Richie just can't wait for the JPalumbo Tyler Thompson mashup.

Shorts:

- Sounds like Quickly is an absolute lock. Add him and bring Green and SGA back as sophs and that's one helluva backcourt already.

- Bol Bol is like another Anthony Davis...only bigger. Tucker says he just swatting the hell out of dudes at the tryouts. Sign that dude up right now.

- Engagement photo shoot Thursday! :thumbsdown:

- Lass is pushing hard for a two week honeymoon and I want a week. Like Anth, anything more than that just get me home. Imagine we'll settle with 10 days.

- Those jerseys BRax's boys rock are awesome- just a tad better than our old Little League unis.

Seven days was too much for me. After already being off for 10 days from work for the wedding, rehearsal etc and the impending pile of work waiting for me on return was enough to give me enough anxiety to not enjoy the final few days.

Add in the fact our house was completely turned upside down with wedding gifts that would take a full day of organizing and putting away on the Sunday we returned. It made the few days before that following work Monday awful.

Seven days was too much for me. After already being off for 10 days from work for the wedding, rehearsal etc and the impending pile of work waiting for me at the job on return was enough to give me enough anxiety to not enjoy the final few days.

I thought only females pulled off this move. Unless you're including the actual honeymoon in the 10 days.

The women I work with are gone for about a month when they get married.

Great article & background on Koepka from SI:

"He looks like he wants to fight you," says Stricker. "He looks like he wants to punch you in the mouth. That's what I like about him—he's got an edge. For sure it's intimidating to play against. You get a guy who is built like a linebacker and pounds the crap out of the ball, and then looks over like he wants to brawl, yeah, that has an effect."

Koepka is celebrated in golf circles for his brash civil disobedience at the 2015 British Open at St. Andrews; with high winds causing balls to twitch on the greens, Koepka refused to continue playing despite the admonishments of a tweedy rules official, who made it known that he carried the title of Sir. "I don't give a f--- who you are," Koepka responded, according to lore. "I'm not playing until my ball stops oscillating."

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2017/06/19/brooks-koepka-pummeled-erin-hills-win-us-open

Spent the weekend at Murray State for a little basketball. No offense, "Racer Nation", but your campus is ass. Aside from their basketball facility, there really isn't anything that would WOW any potential undergrad, especially compared to what I'm seeing from the big state universities. Kenlake and LBL are just 15 minutes down the road so they got that going for them, which is nice.

Also, I may never stay in a dorm again. "(Young assistant coach), you got 'em tonight. I'll be at the hotel if you need me."

We will play more games Thursday, but we've already won 3x as many games this summer as we did all of last season. Sure hope these guys stay upright and sturdy!

Avenue Q down at Kentucky Center was great, btw.

It's at the 'MetX' theater (not the big main one) Basically just a little black box stage, much like Actors (only smaller) but it was nearly as good as the real thing, since it's mostly based on song and dialogue. Always impressed what those people can get out of a tiny stage/set.

Well worth the $20 ticket; lots of racism, cusswords, puppet sex & the acting/singing was A+.

https://www.kentuckycenter.org/all-shows/avenue-q

Last edited:
If there's one person I trust for golf "state of the game" analysis, it's Mashburned. For sure.

I shot par from the tips once while walking 18 at Gibson, and I'm putting that on my gravestone. I played maybe 3 years. The sport is garbage. I could drive two par 4's at Arlington, one with a 3 wood. Did it all with Grizz Green in my lip. The sport sucks.

Golf's biggest problem is the time it takes to play. In today's short attention span world...cell phones...instant gratification...etc...that's a problem. A round takes 4 hours, and the pre-post stuff adds up to 5-6 hours. Unless you do it first thing in the morning, you pretty much spend your whole day playing golf.

I've been playing a lot lately, but only 3-4 holes at a time with the kids. That holds their attention, and it's good for me for the most part, b/c we can be in an out in an hour. We can play 9 in 2 hours.

Nicklaus has often said that golf is a better game if it were 9-12 holes and not 18. Will be interesting to see how it evolves moving forward.

I've played golf 5 times because it seems like everyone in my line of work plays and its good for networking. As someone that enjoys playing b-ball, tennis, and sports of that nature I tried my best but just couldn't hold my attention span for 18 holes. Not only would it have taken me a year and a ton of money to even get to the point that I knew what I was doing, but then finding time to take basically an entire weekend day out of my schedule to play - and it being mostly in the summer when I tend to do stuff on the weekends with the family - was just not realistic. And after 9 holes I was done. As much as I enjoyed drinking and enjoying the weather after 2 hours I was done - no way in hell could I have done 18 holes regularly.

Spent the weekend at Murray State for a little basketball. No offense, "Racer Nation", but your campus is ass. Aside from their basketball facility, there really isn't anything that would WOW any potential undergrad, especially compared to what I'm seeing from the big state universities. Kenlake and LBL are just 15 minutes down the road so they got that going for them, which is nice.

Also, I may never stay in a dorm again. "(Young assistant coach), you got 'em tonight. I'll be at the hotel if you need me."

We will play more games Thursday, but we've already won 3x as many games this summer as we did all of last season. Sure hope these guys stay upright and sturdy!
Which one of the bowlin green schools are supposed to win region this year? Has the super eighth grader from last year moved back to Tennessee yet?

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT