ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think I could get over the crime(s) as far as my fandom was concerned so long as the UK Board of
Trustees went scoarched earth on all involved (which they undoubtedly would). There would be alumni converging on the administration building if anything remotely close to UofL's audit findings was happening up there.

Therein lies the difference between the two universities. I mean, Pitino doesn't survive the Sypher ordeal in Lexington IMO.

That's the key. Even a mid-major without football has 100 or so people working for it in some capacity, not to mention 300 or so student-athletes... which means, there's a pretty good chance that there's *somebody* associated with most departments who is more than capable of doing something really stupid or shitty. That's why the "Carolina Way" posturing always made me laugh. Athletic departments are groups of fairly random people, not some magical place where values and morals are immediately impressed upon you as you walk through the door.

I'd guess there's a lot of schools in DI where something shady has happened, but it went un-caught and un-punished. But when you do get caught... caught to the point where you WILLINGLY SAT OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT, you probably shouldn't stomp your feet like children because the rules actually apply to you too.

The situation itself is appalling, obviously, but the reaction of the people in charge would be the deal-breaker for me.

First time in the Brown & Williamson Club last night for the U2 concert. I step off the elevator, walk through the door and what's the first thing that I see...

20170616_182041.jpg

As a general principle, I really try to limit the schadenfreude in my life. But this is just too much.
The fact you didn't scrawl "ALSO, WHORES" on there is extremely, extremely disappointing.

U2 played Louisville last night. And there was a UPS plane that flew over the stadium right as they started singing Where the Streets Have No Name.

Did anyone see that? Lol.

U2 played Louisville last night. And there was a UPS plane that flew over the stadium right as they started singing Where the Streets Have No Name.

Did anyone see that? Lol.

IMG_20170617_023822_218.jpg

Grabbed this shot last night. Guessing the pilots requested clearance as this was the only flight that deviated from the final approach path of all other landings.

Never played D-well Anything but COTTAMN, I can't imagine how much a man wants to hit another man straight in his face after some stuff like that when you first come out of the locker room. Keeping those emotions in check has to be a real mind game.

First time in the Brown & Williamson Club last night for the U2 concert. I step off the elevator, walk through the door and what's the first thing that I see...

20170616_182041.jpg

As a general principle, I really try to limit the schadenfreude in my life. But this is just too much.

Arrived at SDF Friday night to be met with a grotesquely large CARD NATION sign over the terminal hallway, pics of #L1C4 everywhere. Conspicuous in it's absence: men's basketball pics. None. Nowhere. That I saw, anyway.

UL has pretty much covered every wall with something CARDS, tho.

Can we please go back to Shinnecock Hills, Pinehurst, Oakmont, Olympic, Pebble Beach, etc., instead of this Pro Am US Open crap? Part of the appeal of the US Open is that it's absolutely unforgiving to bad shots, with slicker than slick greens. And played on courses that have stood the test of time across a variety of formats. 60 yard fairways? No thanks.

Tiger looked good this weekend btw. He's getting closer. I think he'll make a run at a few more majors before he hangs up the spikes for good.

Last edited:
With ya, 73. That course was cool but the setup didn't scream US Open...more PGAlike.

Part of the identity of the US Open is seeing pros struggle to get to par. Not so much this weekend.

I kind of feel like the whining of some of these pros has gotten to the USGA.

Blessed be thy Lindsey, please take this young boy and make him a man. Amen.

Larry should have jail interviews with these brave women.

Not hating on Cricket here but who TF cares?

Cricket.

He's our go-to man for all middle and high school goings on and trends.

-Kyle Tucker is crushing Team USA Camp, especially concerning Cal & our players.

-My boy Koepka just needed to win -- have said for many years he has the physical game to match DJ, Day, and the new wave of superstars. JT, as well.

That golf course is better than the scores. It played soft, and wind wasn't really a factor. If it was dry as they were hoping, suddenly those wide fairways become much slimmer. BUT, I'm a fan of the extra brutal US Opens, for sure.

If they play it there again, they'll learn from this week. Looks like we're in great shape for classic venues for awhile, though. :fire:

2018 Shinnecock
2019 Pebble Beach
2020 Winged Foot

The only new US Open venue on the schedule through 2026 is Los Angeles CC in 2023.

Also [eyeroll] at the constant "Harman is such a short hitter, look what he's doing" narrative, as if he's handicapped or something. No, he's not Koepka or JT, and he also plays a much more conservative style, but dude was hitting 300+ bombs whenever he needed or chose to(carried his drive 319 on #17 yesterday). Way overblown. Kisner is much shorter, overall. Anyways, dude can flat play...that UGA contingent out there is full of bulldog gamers.

Last edited:
Fox Sports sucks.

Eh, I think their good outweighed their bad. They cut through the bullshit puff-pieces and show a lot of golf, the pro-tracer is always fun, and Azinger is already the best 18th tower guy on TV. Joe Buck just doesn't work for golf, and Faxon didn't add near as much as I would've hoped, but they aren't dreadful on coverage.

NBC's crew, despite Johnny Miller, is still the best, but Fox is already a solid 2nd. CBS sucks.

Zinger is awesome -- but no, they are not better than CBS golf, Nantz's annoyances or not. At least he's a student of the game w/ endless real experience to draw upon.

Joe Buck? Get real.

Don't give Fox credit for wall 2 wall US Open coverage, as that's how it's ALWAYS been with that tournament.

Last edited:
Nantz, despite having a good understanding of the game, is annoyingly melodramatic.
Faldo, for being a 6 time major winner, offers little insight into what's going on that most people watching don't already know.
McCord is the Chris Berman of golf.
Kostis is useless
Dottie Pepper is a moron.
Feherty left.

CBS sucks.

Big, if anticlimactic, draw for the FCCampbellCos this weekend. Probably a hangover effect from last week's domination over Columbus.

Fox Sports sucks, but I wish the other channels would use the shot tracker much more often.

A marathon on every continent is now complete. Finished Vic Falls in 3:37 yesterday. Very hilly course.

*walked with and petted some juvenile lions
*rode elephants
*Victoria Falls is spectacular
*took clothes and supplies to a school
*two river cruises
*all day safari, animals everywhere
*people were amazingly nice

This trip will be hard to top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT