ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Diallo comes back, this team is going to need some of that Calipari polish, but my oh my the length and athleticism. Potential for defensive bulldogs all over the court, too. Plus, some pop off the bench.
Feels like we make these posts every other year

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
For the first time in a decade and just the third time in 14 seasons as UNC’s head coach, Roy Williams has a one-and-done player.

North Carolina’s Tony Bradley will sign with an agent and remain in the NBA Draft.

Reactions: tgh3316
Actually, yes. You should avoid anything that involves repeatedly smashing your head into things. Turns out that's bad for you.

I agree, this sounds great.

But new research suggests that all that heart-friendly exercise may actually cause temporary damage to the right ventricle. In a study of 40 elite athletes who were training for endurance running events, researchers found signs of damage immediately following the races — the heart was enlarged, and function of the right ventricle had decreased.

Patellofemoral pain syndrome, also known as runner’s knee, is one of the sport’s most common body wreckers. Watch out for pain around or just behind your kneecap, especially after long periods of sitting with bent knees, running, squatting, or climbing or descending stairs.

Pain in the butt, or “dead butt syndrome,” refers to the formally named condition gluteus medius tendinosis, which is an inflammation of the tendons in your rear. This pain doesn’t strike only runners — any rigorous activity can trigger it — but distance runners are among the athletes most likely to experience it.

Are you going through a Goth phase, or is that not black nail polish on your big toe? If you find yourself with an unintentional (one-toed) pedicure after a hard run, you’re not alone. Many runners suffer from black toenails, which are caused by bleeding underneath the nail.

Thought it was standard knowledge that consistent endurance running actually isn't really that healthy for you and actually ages your body quicker.

SEC Baseball tournament is always a good time here. Rain has pretty much ruined it thus far but we should finally be back in action today. 1-2 wins this week and I still think they are a national seed.

Alabama's coach apparently tried to revoke scholarships of about 1/3 of his players yesterday before being told you can't actually do that. Should make for some awkward times for those guys, now having to play for a guy who just tried to put them out on the curb.

After watching the second season of Master of None, my wife all the sudden wants to go to Italy. "Can't you just use credit card points to book it?" she asks like we're booking a one-way flight to Orlando or something.

Cubs/Giants game was 2 hours and 5 minutes last night. They sped up time between innings and cut out hitters killing as much time between pitches during AB's. Granted both pitchers also got quick outs, but there is no reason they can't speed those games up indefinitely. Youre always going to have occasional marathon games with tons of changes, but there is still a lot of fat to be trimmed. They can start with maybe limiting replay times.

Lulz at that Indians fan (assume it was a friend of Llama's) getting smacked by Votto. Votto's playing really well right now which made that whole encounter really weird.

Marvin Lewis probably shouldve considered his roster before he criticized the new rule allowing players to celebrate.

Reactions: Bonzo Cat
These two weeks will help next years team immensely because i would imagine Knox, Diallo and a couple other CATS will be on that team. A little bit of a head start for such an inexperienced team.:basketball::raised_hands::100points:

The 2017 USA Basketball Men’s U19 World Cup Team will be led by Naismith Basketball Memorial Hall of Fame member John Calipari. The USA will look to defend its titles at the 16-team 2017 FIBA U19 World Championship from July 1-9 in Cairo, Egypt.

Training camp to select the 12-member USA U19 World Cup Team will be held June 18-25 at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Athletes eligible for this team must be U.S. citizens who are 19 years old or younger (born on or after Jan. 1, 1998).

slow day....

- No doubt Id rather have a deadeye shooter at this point than another athlete. I understand Diallo is an elite athlete but if its one thing we have learned that derails a Cal team its consistent shooting or at least a threat of to open the lanes.

- If you send me a question in the subject line of an email with nothing else, I am ignoring and most likely deleting immediately.

- Hens around here going nuts for that Reese Witherspoon furniture store at FRITZ FARMS yet? Brooks Brothers is pretty cool other than that Id probably just go to hamburg and off myself if I wanted to eat at Teds Montana Grill.

- Jeff Ruby, man what a dude. When he wasn't hanging out with Jennime he was just strutting around Memphis in a 3 piece suit cigar in hand taking in BBN solo.

- Taking off Friday on the front end of a 3-day weekend is CRUSHING it.

Not saying we won't be good or not but even with Cam or Diallo this team has more question marks than any of Cal's tenure. Legit shot at not being good.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Iffy shooting, no rim protector, we lost 99% of our minutes from last year, and none of the newcomers are elite elite (top 5).

lowered-expectations-madtv-350.jpg

Reactions: Mashburned
Mamidou or no, we'll be damn good next year. I actually think it is one of the most "Cal" teams we've had.

Everyone except Quade is huge. There are a bunch of interchangeable wings who have aircraft carrier wingspan and can dribble. (I mean, touch, we've got Vanderbilt, Washington, Knox, and Gabriel that Cal is all going to try to showcase so he can get more 6'8 skilled bounce boxes.)

It is a basketball experiment, like everything else Cal does but this is more up his alley.

Reactions: Century Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT