ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kentucky Geography Lesson... there used to be another Jamestown, KY.

The gritty little town of Dayton, KY - the first coaching stop for legendary coach John Wooden and hometown of both former MLB 1B Todd Benzinger and current posting phenom Wildcat Willy - was formed when the cities of Jamestown and Brooklyn merged in 1867.

The more you know...

Last edited:
Reactions: wildcat1973
Barbee is the weak link of the assistants Justus is the one getting us back involved with the younger classes so we don't play catchup

Reactions: Stonewall12
15781403_10155074900451664_1724759846839114911_n.jpg

Red tie. Center. Ha.

Reactions: GrandePdre
Not sure why _______________ would want to leave.

:joy:

Ok. So if he could be the HEAD coach and make, say, 2-3x more money, you're not sure why he would take that? K.

Reactions: wildcatadam6
Tony Barbee's buyout at Auburn was $2.5 million.

Not sure why someone would want to leave for a huge raise, maybe fail miserably after 3 years, then get another few million before inevitably ending up back where they started as an assistant for Calipari.

(which is a pretty reasonable expection, should payne leave)

Not sure why anyone might want to do that.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Everyone wants Barbee to move on, but he seems like the least likely to go. After all, he's the only assistant on the staff who's already demonstrated that he's terrible as a head coach.

Lane Kiffin took a 30% pay cut to go to FIU, granted he was leaving anyway, but it happens.

I see a young Joanne Pitino, a young Joe B Hall, Jeff Piecoro, Dirk Minniefield and Tom Jurich when I look at that photo.

I just noticed the Columbia's mat on the floor.

Definitely Smitty.

(Long-time maitre'd at Columbia's, opened his own steakhouse [Smitty's] in the 80s, and worked at the courthouse for decades).

Local fixture. A sober man's Henry Earl, so to speak. Great guy.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Well, the Stallions are no more. Students to name a new horse themed mascot.

So, my father doesn't have a Facebook account, he just uses my mother's. Her (his) feed is apparently mostly populated by this one woman she went to high school with, who is always in a slightly unhinged outrage about something, to the point that he's complained about this to me multiple times (not that he blocked her posts or created his own account as suggested).

So I'm reading that article in the LHL about the petition to change the mascot and the name of the woman who started it seems familiar... Apparently, his bitching about this woman was somewhat justified. :joy:

I don't understand- what's wrong with the Stallions?
The girls teams being called male horses is stupid, but not exactly "wrong." I haven't kept up with the outrage machine, so I can't tell if it's the PC crowd or the busybody PTA types who just constantly bitch about everything.

Could've just called the girls teams the Fillies or Mares. I don't know, people are dumb

They should go with "Bulls."

The boys teams could be the "Bulls" and the girls teams, the softball one for example, could be the "Bull-somethings."

I can think of what it would be, but man it just seems like there has to be one perfect word out there to add after "Bull" to that would really work for some female athletes for some reason. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT