ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre smartphone, good internet gambol, etc. had a friend who married a guy who's idea of fun Friday nights up in OH was for them to drive around and check HS football scores so he could call them into a local bookie, with whom he made several bets... on local HS football.

He didn't have any interest in attending any games, which would be weird by itself- rather they would find a spot in the parking lot, or interstate, or road or whatever where he could see the scoreboard then call in real time scores.

That marriage didn't make it.

Louisville isn't winning Saturday, hate to break it you guys. Night game, at Clemson. It's time for a wake-up call.

If I could be even remotely objective about it, I'd agree with you.

UofL has the best player, but...

It's a night game at Death Valley, Clemson's been there before, Clemson has more talent top to bottom, UofL hasn't played a top 100 defense yet, and Petrino is 0-10 lifetime against top 15 teams on the road.

Curious to see if that line makes any movements leading up to the game.

Anyone with kids knows how expensive the little darlings are, but one thing that caught me off guard recently is the price difference in shoes from youth to adult. :eek:

CMD Jr.: Hey dad, I need some new black dress shoes.

CMD: *removes pipe and pats CMD Jr. on the head* Absolutely, sport. A nice pair of black dress shoes is a staple of any young gentleman's wardrobe. We will go to Von Maur directly. They have a fine collection of quality footwear.

*walk into Von Maur's men's shoes department*

CMD: Just browse around and see what you like.

CMD Jr.: Oh, I like these.

CMD: Ah, Ecco. Solid brand. Very comfortable. I like those a lot.

*flips shoe over to view price*

CMD: MOTHER#$%@ER!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!

CMD Jr.: Should we ask the man for my size?

CMD: ARE YOU $%&#ING HIGH??? Let's go over here to the clearance section. How about these?

CMD.Jr.: o_O I don't like those.

CMD: STFU; you're 12. You'll just scuff them up anyway.

CMD Jr.: They feel too small.

CMD: Don't sass me. They'll stretch out over time.

CMD Jr.: :(

CMD: You're welcome. ;)

Well, while you guys are worrying about UL, I'll be cheering on my Cats in their big tilt against Alabahahahahhaa - who am I kidding? NICK.

SEC basketball is basically a "montage" in the movie that is "UK basketball." You put it on screen for about 3 minutes and then move on to the actual climax of the movie.

Basically, SEC basketball is just there to provide a highlight reel for UK teams every year.

Kind of like how every SEC football team's highlight montage contains mostly footage of them playing UK.

It's odd to watch a talent like LAMAR and realize that - barring an improvement in his passing, which is possible - the NFL likely won't touch him as a QB. CFB and the NFL are like two different sports.

SEC basketball is basically a "montage" in the movie that is "UK basketball." You put it on screen for about 3 minutes and then move on to the actual climax of the movie.
I have a vhs going over the 96 team's season and that is pretty much all they did for SEC play cover it in a montage. I think they highlighted the Georgia game because it was relatively close and the Arkansas game because we had never beaten them in SEC regular season play. So a pretty good description of SEC basketball.

Headed to T-Town tmw mng at 7:45 with 11 other degenerates. 2 vans and we're renting a house across the street from the stadium.

First stop is Dreamland for lunch. Gonna devour some of those spare ribs. Love that sauce.

Dinner Friday night somewhere downtown and then check out the bar scene.

Have tix in the UK section. Just hope to keep it somewhat respectable, albeit I hate that philosophy like UK football is some form of charity case. (MAYBE IT IS. THANKS, MEEEETCH)

Whatever.. Gonna be a blast of a weekend.

Well, DAVE was interviewed after he made his putt.

"I closed my eyes, swallowed my puke, hit the putt and it happened to go in."

He did get it signed
CtilB-pUMAA6nsU.jpg:large

Last edited:
Just wait until Brent drops a "We're coming to you live from Death Valley" on you and then the camera starts tracking the bus that takes the Tigers from the lockerroom to the hill, then you'll start believing in Dabo and the boys. Plus, he has Jesus on his side. Baptist Jesus.

-I think I'm actually on Clemson as of today surprisingly, still waiting.
I agree with you but haven't pushed the confirm button yet. It's just weird because Clemson catching points at home, night game, etc...it's like Vegas is BEGGING you to take Clemson.

And objectively I would for sure bet Clemson in this situation because I think they win outright. I mean I want to take them moneyline, to hell with the points but just because it's UL I'm nervous that they'll touch me twice in one night with a win here.

I hope like hell you all are correct about Clemson winning. If not, my living hell starts.

Speaking of trinity St.x, if we were losing to trinity, or God forbid, one of those public schools, the student section would chant....." That's all right, that's ok.......you all will work for us someday". Always enjoyed that.

Reactions: wcc31
Lmao at y'all thinking my man Dabo has a snowflakes chance in hell against Bobby and Lamar. You guys are on drugs

No, this game wouldn't be an actual Clemsoning. They're an underdog and UL is a good team, the best, really.

No, Clemsoning would be like them losing to NC State or some bullshit.

Reactions: roguemocha
St. X is not that good, watched them play Bowling Green, was expecting a much better contest. Trinity will win by 25,,, or more.

On Clempson. They have been there before, it is a night game in Death Valley, and I get points, no brainer. Watson is a big game QB, on defense they will take away Lamar's run, make him beat them with his arm,,, he can pass it, not saying that, but take away his stronger part of his game. Hope UL takes the L in blow out fashion, I aint skerd.

It's odd to watch a talent like LAMAR and realize that - barring an improvement in his passing....

You write this at the end of last year and just now hit post? The improvement in his passing is what many are raving about. It definitely isn't "barring an improvement"....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT