ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Lakes has gotten too big for their britches and their quality has suffered imo. See: their once great Christmas Ale.

Worried about the same thing happening to our local crafties eventually. Looking at you, Rhinegeist and West 6th...

A few things:

In regards to UL and their signs. Fukkkkkk them. If you don't have haters you ain't doing shit.

My seventy two year old dad calls to discuss shitty football and what is going on with KSR every night. He was pumped up you went after the staff a little.

You have a voice man. That's why Bobby f'n Petrino reached out to you. A top five offensive coach reached out to you to help him get a job at UK. So use it bro. Our parents won't be around forever and we wanna make one more run at it.

Either way thanks for entertaining him.

Reactions: anon_aawvduncd4ay0
Rhinegeist_Franz.jpg

Whatever, here's my outlook. My days are numbered. Can't wait for this next chapter in life with the baby girl.

But for the first few years the days where I can hop in a car at 9:00 am with 15 beers ready to be consumed and telling the wife I'll be home around 9:00 pm or so are going to be slim to none.

So, shitty ass football program or not I'm excited about being in Lexington on Saturday... Cold Beer. Fun Tailgate. Can't Lose.

Went to dinner at Kenton's on Tuesday....

http://kentonsrestaurant.com/

This dude is from New York, and lives in New Orleans. Owns two restaurants:

1> Maysville (in New York City -- named after the Kentucky city)
2> Kentons (named after Simon Kenton, who has a bridge in Maysville named in his honor)

Evidently the dude just loves Kentucky. Weird.

Reactions: drxman1
That animated Baldwin gif just annoys me. Probably because it is neither funny nor clever which I assume was the purpose for adding it to the post.

Kentucky is cool these days. I think we kind of underestimate the charm of horse country and bourbon country. That's the first thing friends of the lass in NYC and Boston want to see/talk about.

* Speaking of jobs.....been hanging out with a lass who's a monkey vet. Her current job is injecting monkeys who are in their 3rd trimester with the zika virus, performing a c-section, then studying the babies once they're born. Yawn, imo.

PTI sent me a picture of a new baby monkey. I hope he doesn't get zika. He is really cute.

Update for @Wodie Sloot:

I won't say Blue and Nala (the cat) like each other, but they're coexisting much better than we anticipated thus far. Nala isn't even scared of the big oaf. Blue just wanted her to play (not happening). My allergies have not been an issue.

This makes me happy.

Can you get her to the South Carolina game?

Whatever, here's my outlook. My days are numbered. Can't wait for this next chapter in life with the baby girl.

But for the first few years the days where I can hop in a car at 9:00 am with 15 beers ready to be consumed and telling the wife I'll be home around 9:00 pm or so are going to be slim to none.

So, shitty ass football program or not I'm excited about being in Lexington on Saturday... Cold Beer. Fun Tailgate. Can't Lose.

Come on over, Rich. This has been (a version of) my view. We will still be tailgating, albeit a small tailgate.

Girl in NOLA on Saturday: "What do you actually do in Kentucky?"

Anth: "Well we drive on paved roads and don't have a significant chance of being murdered at any given time."
Don't give me that shit from a resident of New Orleans, LOUISIANA.

I mean, the roads in the NICE area of town are almost impassable. PTI should have bought a small cheap SUV. Most dirt roads in KY are in better shape than that dump. Still love it but c'mon.

Reactions: bradyjames
Central Kentucky playing up certain appeals to a southern aristocratic lifestyle has certainly drawn attention to tourist types. Horse farms and sipping sour mash cocktails on the family acreage is certainly the life that the majority of Kentuckians are accustomed to.

So glad that, as a native Lexingtonian, I can draw so much brand equity from that heritage.

Too bad the rest of you methheads, scumbags, rednecks, degenerates, illiterates, pedophiles, and dirtballs in the state keep trying to F it up.

WS,

Riding up with a buddy and his gal who tailgate in the Orange Lot. I will definitely walk over for a few in the aftn though. Thx!

-Proud Maysvillian(spent 4 whole years there) and born in the now defunct Hayswood Hospital. My PCP here in FL was actually born in the same hospital. Small world. MCC still puts on an amazing golf tourney every year with Chippeaways.

-That Antonio Brown ESPN commercial slays me.

You guys realize that what Dawson pulled off last Saturday may very well the best GFY to a former boss ever. Certainly, one of the most tactful.

Well played sir. Well played.

It almost back fired on him though. Of course, that's assuming getting down by 25 wasn't part of his plan...b/c I honestly would believe the man if he said it was indeed part of the plan. You know, to create that false sense of accomplishment.

Does Milquetoast Mitch happen to have a relative that works for the LA Rams? They just gave Jeff Fisher a 3 year extension.

I'd honestly give Milquetoast a standing ovation if he somehow orchestrated the sun to come out on Sat right at kick and then walked to midfield and grabbed the mike..

" Look, gang. We're cancelling this game and the remainder of the season. In lieu of that we are turning on some new beer taps immediately right now throughout all concession stands, cranking up some tunes and will have Bama vs Ole Miss on the north end zone Jumbotron and Bam highlights on loop on the south end zone jumbotron. Enjoy. 'Till the Battle is Won."

When does Zombie Ali arrive at PJCS on Saturday? They going to bring him out at the first TV timeout to the endzone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT