Status
Not open for further replies.
All good here in the states.

Signed,

police-shootings-louisiana.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

GettyImages-545610978.jpg

Reactions: Mashburned
Does New Orleans have a fire department, a police department, clean running water and habitable hotels?

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
never been more grateful for the olympics to arrive drown out politics for 3 weeks and almost get us to football season. mercy, everyone on all sides are unbearable and have awful opinions that they insist on sharing with the universe. whoever aligned olympics with US pres elections deserves a monument.

Chase -- have you ever actually left the country? The state?? Ever traveled anywhere more exotic than Panama City Beach? (the one in florida, btw)

I love the irony of debating worldwide traveling issues with someone who's posting from his downtown law office in Beaver Dam, Kentucky. Get out and see the world, bub. It's not that bad.

Rio de Janeiro's largest public hospital and one of the five designated to treat tourists during the upcoming Summer Olympic Games was attacked by armed gunmen during the weekend, leaving one person dead and two injured.

The raid took place early Sunday morning at the Souza Aguiar hospital. According to local authorities, the group was trying to free an alleged drug kingpin known as "Fat Family," who had been taken to the hospital a week ago following a shootout with police and was under police surveillance.
According to state news agency Agencia Brasil, more than 20 men broke into the hospital carrying assault rifles and hand grenades and wearing masks to cover their faces.

Happens all the time in America.

Reactions: Mashburned
I hadn't heard that, 73. Thanks for the info.

Did you know that there are tons of random acts of violence and terrorist attacks all around the globe on a daily basis? Did you know that if you add all of these up and attribute them to one fictitious city you can claim every single place is as bad as Rio? Maybe we can call it Strawmanington.

Reactions: wildcatadam6
I like how the argument for things not being so bad in Rio is "the same kind of stuff is going on in *insert entire country*"

Did you guys know that in 2001 the World Trade Centers in New York were attacked by terrorists? I think it may have happened on September 11th. Also, the Hudson River was severely polluted a few decades ago. I'm not 100% positive about all this though, since I live in Kentucky and not New Orleans or the state of Louisville.

Either way, this New York place sounds pretty awful. I hope the Olympics are never there. Scary stuff.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Basically, the Olympics should be held in Canada or Switzerland. All other countries are eliminated from consideration.

The correct answer:

January - 2, weather sucks, but basketball, and Anth is miserable
February - 2, weather sucks, but basketball, and Anth is miserable
March - 3, weather improving, March Madness
April - 4, spring in full swing, The Masters, Derby Festival
May - 4, beautiful weather, The Derby, golf weather
June - 3, heating up, but still mostly pleasant
July - 1, heat, humidity, and Anth can GGP
August - 1, heat, humidity, and Anth can GGP
September - 4, cooling down, beginning of fall and college football
October - 5, fall in full swing, college football, college basketball practuice. leaves changing, perfect weather, Halloween
November - 5, fall in full swing, college football, college basketball starts, beautiful weather, Thanksgiving
December - 4, turning colder, but sports and Christmas and days off

"Blame It On Rio" was excellent for hormone-crazed adolescent CMD.

And "Rio" was a great album.

TeamPTI - Rio sounds lovely

Reactions: drxman1
* Caught up with Game of Thrones last night. Watched the entire series over the last month. Awesome.

* If you want your wife to divorce you, just walk around the house saying Hodor over and over again.

* Jay Bruce leading the NL in RBIs. That has to piss PTI off. Can't wait for him to get traded for prospects.

* Harper's Point Kroger(s) is possibly the cougar capital of the free world.

* Speaking of cougars, where the hell has Rob been?

* Jamming to The Police again today. Very underrated band in the grand scheme of things.

* Walk on WR from Florida is a very nice pick up. Had offers from Wisky and Florida State among others. 6'4 and runs a 4.4? OK.

* Hoping Boogie has an exceptional Olympics and matures a little bit this year. It's time for him to grow up and start getting the respect on the court that he deserves.

I was really hoping he'd get a fresh start on a new team.

* A good friend of mine's son just donated a kidney to my friend's Mom (donor's grandma). That's a pretty touching good sacrifice to make. Proud of the youngster (early 20's).

* It's been said on here before, but man, Blame it on Rio really was the pinnacle for young Wildcat Willy's viewing pleasure.

The KHSAA has gone away from Rawlings as its official basketball beginning next season. Instead, high schools will be playing with Spalding.

We ordered some to practice with and get used to. I am not a fan. It's like a $30 indoor/outdoor one you would buy at Wal-mart. They have a thin cover and are "slick." When you dribble them, it just sounds and feels weird. You get a "pink, pink" instead of a "thump, thump."

Oh well, corporate sponsors and whatnot. Spalding is a Fruit of the Loom sister brand so I guess some money gets to stay in the state.
The quality compared to other basketballs though . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT