ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
January has college football playoffs and the NFL playoffs. Big Monday and ACC Wednesday are usually good games. So, not actually that bad.

Apparently, and this is not in the least bit surprising, BBdK and I love UK basketball more than everyone else.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Y'all see that Tweet-slap I laid on Llama last night? :joy: BOOM. Big tree fall hard.

That's why you fools don't want me on Twitter. I'm a wrecking machine. Probably ruined the dude's night and I don't even care. Cold blooded.

Reactions: B Rax
THIS JUST IN: The last half of January and all of February completely sucks ass weather wise.

Likewise the last half of July and all of August completely sucks ass weather wise.

The rest of the year is pretty solid.

Is this the year Chad finally gives in to Twitter? It's a sportsball's dream platform, even with all the garbage.

As much as he brags about his Facebook customization/hiding skills, always found it weird how he's unable to customize his Twitter experience in the same way, which is easily done. Glad you discovered Tomma though. [eyeroll]

Is this the year Chad finally gives in to Twitter? It's a sportsball's dream platform, even with all the garbage.

As much as he brags about his Facebook customization/hiding skills, always found it weird how he's unable to customize his Twitter experience in the same way, which is easily done. Glad you discovered Tomma though. [eyeroll]
Yup, he runs 5 years behind the progression of everyone else. Don't think I didn't notice.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.

I just hate sportswriters so much, man. Every time I get on- maybe once every few months- I'm immediately reminded of this.

And I always check out Tomma. I was crying I was laughing so hard. The lass was looking at me like I had a dick growing out of my forehead.

Breaking news my ninjas: If your girlfriend has went to any season opening basketball game, best believe, she's touching some ninjas on that team. She's touching somebody, on, thebasketballteam if she's at the game.

I just hate sportswriters so much, man. Every time I get on- maybe once every few months- I'm immediately reminded of this.

You really don't 'get' Twitter. The best part about it is being able to debate with and call out these people.

The same way you do on opposing team's boards and the national board. You hate fanboys and homers too, but that doesn't stop you from engaging with them, on purpose, daily.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
Foreign athletes will literally be swimming in human crap, and they risk getting sick from all those microorganisms,” said Dr. Daniel Becker, a local pediatrician who works in poor neighborhoods. “It’s sad, but also worrisome.”

“They can try to block big items like sofas and dead bodies, but these rivers are pure sludge, so the bacteria and viruses are going to just pass through,” said Stelberto Soares, a municipal engineer who has spent three decades addressing the city’s sanitation crisis.

Mr. Soares said he laughed when he heard officials promise to tackle the sewage problem before the Games.

“When you open up the fish, their innards are black with oil and muck,” he said. “But we clean them with soap and eat them anyway.”

Reactions: Mashburned
THIS JUST IN: The last half of January and all of February completely sucks ass weather wise.

Likewise the last half of July and all of August completely sucks ass weather wise.

The rest of the year is pretty solid.
The first half of January is just exquisite, i agree, Ron.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
January can get pumped. Summer time rules.

Sincerely,

340_zpspl8y3tjw.jpg

Somebody just do a weather poll on The Paddock, those polls are about as full proof as you can get, with all the geniuses we have hanging around here.

All good in Rio, right Ursch? Not counting the recent plumbing issues, this is just sick.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/27/world/americas/brazil-rio-water-olympics.html?_r=0

Sounds a lot like what we've got going on domestically...

http://nbc4i.com/2016/04/07/health-officials-dont-go-swimming-at-some-gulf-coast-beaches/

Some of these bacteria represent those commonly found in sewage pollution and fecal matter. They can cause disease, infections or rashes. In some cases, contamination includes flesh-eating bacteria, which can be deadly.

I do have to agree with Ursch a little on this one. I see mofos fishing in those lakes on Richmond Rd. People swim in the Ohio and Hudson. MCF said they swim all the time in that little creek in Cherokee Park. No telling what the hell is in there. I guarantee fecal matter is the least of the problem. The rest of the stuff sounds pretty awful.

BREAKING: Per resident IOC executive board member, everything in Rio is "a lot like we've got going on domestically." When asked to elaborate, the board member stated that there are terrible things going on all over the world, and Rio represents a little bit of all of them. While some people may get poisoned, raped, and murdered, the Olympics will go on, and no one watching on television will ever be the wiser. And as we all know, if no one watching on television sees it, then it didn't happen. We proudly stand behind our decision to hold the games at Rio. These things happen everywhere, so it's really not a big deal.

I personally feel the Olympics should be held to a slightly higher standard than that little creek in Cherokee Park.

Serious question -- what the F do you think is going to happen in Rio?

Mass murder?
The entire rowing team is going to get devoured by a gigantic flesh eating ameoba?
Widespread disease?
Gymnastics squad gets kidnapped and executed??

This same s*** happens in the lead up to every major, worldwide sporting event. Go back and link all the nonsense leading up to the Sochi Olympics. And the biggest catastrophe at the actual games there was.....what? Some d-bag journalist had to wait 4 hours to check into his hotel room?

It's also a close cousin to the nonsense leading up to any major sporting event renovation/construction project. Mercy, I would *love* to revisit the garbage that was being spewed about the Commonwealth renovation. Remember how many construction experts we had on here?

OH MY GOD NOTHING IS READY!!
WERE GOING TO HAVE TO PLAY ULL AT GOODBARN FIELD!!!
WERE DOING TO EMBARASS OURSELVES!
DO WE NEED TO CANCEL THE FIRST 3 GAMES???!

Over/Under on Olympic athletes kidnapped and held for ransom - 6.5. We are already at 1. Think I'll take the over.

I don't think anything major is going to happen. My guess is some people get sick, maybe a few patrons (if any show up) get murdered while out in town, a handful of rapes, etc.. I just think it's a disgusting and corrupt mess. However, you seem to think all of this is perfectly fine.

I don't think anything major is going to happen. My guess is some people get sick, maybe a few patrons (if any show up) get murdered while out in town, a handful of rapes, etc.. I just think it's a disgusting and corrupt mess. However, you seem to think all of this is perfectly fine.

No, I don't. I don't think rape, murder, and kidnapping is fine. When have I said that?

I *do*, however, think most of this is sensationalized, exaggerated, whiny journalist bulls***. Nearly everything you've posted about Rio has happened in my area recently.

dead bodies washing up on shore? check
kidnapping? check
rape? all the time
murder? daily
sewage water? ongoing

Seriously, you should get out of f'ing BEAVER DAM and see the world for a change. [eyeroll][eyeroll]

It's also a close cousin to the nonsense leading up to any major sporting event renovation/construction project. Mercy, I would *love* to revisit the garbage that was being spewed about the Commonwealth renovation. Remember how many construction experts we had on here?

OH MY GOD NOTHING IS READY!!
WERE GOING TO HAVE TO PLAY ULL AT GOODBARN FIELD!!!
WERE DOING TO EMBARASS OURSELVES!
DO WE NEED TO CANCEL THE FIRST 3 GAMES???!

[laughing]

1920.jpg

Exactly like the renovation of Commonwealth Stadium.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT