ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's not gossip. There were plenty of stories about it and plenty that showed the tweets. It was enough for Twitter to permaban several accounts. Look if you want. I don't really care but in 2016, no black person, famous or otherwise, should have to see some of that shit. Period. Some was mild but some went way over the line.
Where's the line?

San Diego: Wow.
78 and sunny all week. I'd leave here in a heartbeat if there was an opportunity. Speaking of which...my move is not happening.

To make a long story short:

-Safari Park, Sea World, Zoo, USS Midway, LEGOLAND, LEGOLAND waterpark, then the beach. /exhausted.
Safari Park >>>>>> Zoo.
-LEGOLAND was almost too "little" for my 11 year old. The rides aren't very scary and he loves roller coasters. However, he, like the rest of us were in awe of the cities they made from legos. NY and Vegas were my personal favorites. Star Wars was his.

-Son's 11th B-day was last week so we celebrated at Fleming's. Waitress was from KY and a UK fan. Bigger tip...thanks!

-Got to visit Granny in Coronado three times and had dinner overlooking the water each time. Beautiful area...can't beat it.

-Stayed in three different hotels to maximize points. I had Marriott she had Hyatt. The nicest was Pier South Marriott. About a mile or so from Mexico and it was fantastic. Didn't see the wall being built.

I may be making a solo trip back soon for a longer visit with family.

Worst part of the trip was the SD airport. Extremely small Southwest terminals with only one option for beer once past the TSA.

Anyone here get up and run in the morning (as opposed to after work)? If so, how's it work out for you? I don't feel like driving to the gym before work but a run doesn't sound bad.

Anyone here get up and run in the morning (as opposed to after work)? If so, how's it work out for you? I don't feel like driving to the gym before work but a run doesn't sound bad.
Big fan myself. Usually quieter, gets your head clear before the day starts.

Downside- can only do it a few month out of the year unless you have one of those goofy headlamps.

Reactions: wcc31 and CoolCat45
I'm pretty good about coming home, watching PTI and then grabbing a run or hitting the gym, but knocking it out before work would certainly be more time efficient, especially with the pup.

13537608_10154380965336495_4386461429400581550_n.jpg

Always. It's cooler, it's easier, there's less people about, and -- most importantly -- you get it over with.

Always eat your vegetables first.

Plus, after work I'm expected to be home to help out with the bathing of the kids and cleaning up and whatnot. Not sure it'd go over too well if I called the house as I was leaving work at 6:30 and said "hey honey, I know you're cooking supper and the kids are screaming and fighting and eating pudding off the floor with their hands but I'm gonna go run a quick 5 in the park because that's when all the dimepieces are there. See you in an hour or two. Good luck!"

The lass has been clamoring for a dog, pretty much let the new leather furniture fend that one off.

I prefer mornings. We always run in the evenings though because that's what the wife prefers. Mornings are so much cooler this time of year and it gets you going for the day. Plus some people believe that fasted cardio will actually allow you to burn off more fat.

Reactions: wcc31
Worship my morning runs, especially on Saturdays. Get a few cups of coffee in me while I catch up on the GYEROS, twitter machine and whatever else then hit it.

Adrenaline is flowing and I feel like I can keep on going during my morning runs where most of my runs in the eventing seem like chores.

Been playing basketball on Mondays & Wednesdays at church which breaks up the monotony of running in general.

Before this current bout of sickness, I had been riding my bike on the trainer in the mornings and getting in an hour of cardio plus lifting at work around 4:30. Was working well.

I managed to get my hour on the arc trainer in yesterday, but today I feel like crap.

Speaking of which… Chad, I can't go tonight, bro. Just too sick. I gave my tix to a coworker. I'll get you to see the orange and blue soon, tho, man. I know you are looking forward to it.

Does anybody get sick more than Willy? I'm scared my Hebrew friend has the HIV or something.
"In doing this project, what we learned is that every penetration brings the same level of complexity."

Congrats on the houses, but you guys* (Edit: "you guys" = "Shipping Container Home Guys") should read more of my cat-pawse posts instead of learning things the hard way, jmo:
...They are designed to be a water/air tight envelope. With every instance of cutting that envelope to accommodate human living conditions (windows & doors) there is associated patchwork to maintain the envelope...

Last edited:
Shipping containers and tiny houses, man.

In a few years, a pop-up favela in St. Matt's will be pretty dope. All of the environmental graphics will be written in tattoo runes, etc.

Enjoy, society.

Anyone know of any available warehouse space in Lexington/surrounding area? Just a relatively small portion (120x30) for use by a non-profit.

I prefer to run at after 9:30pm in the summers (the one or two times a week I decide to actually go running). My main exercise form this summer has come from walking 9 holes after work though. It helps that I get to do that for free, but still.

Anyone know of any available warehouse space in Lexington/surrounding area? Just a relatively small portion (120x30) for use by a non-profit.

Unless something has changed, the folks that own Force Dance Project dance studio in Richmond have space. The number for the studio is 859.200.5794.

Morning runs are the best. Feel much better all day. Getting up sucks though. I get in a groove every so often and crush them, then slack off and go back to evening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT