ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[laughing] I know there's no way I would do better but just watched one of the Asians fly out of the bunker, pitch back up only to roll off the other side of the green as the bunker is still being raked and land in it again.

No.

Ursch is safe, old guys have no shot these days, especially once they reach 40.

Current Leaderboard:

Mickelson (46)
Stenson (40)
Kjeldsen (41)
Bradley (30)
Johnson (40)
Stricker (49)

Is it really just one more major out of Tiger or Phil and Ursch loses?

I thought it was like 4 total between the 2 of them or something that seemed ridiculous.

I always thought the number was 4 as well. It all started when everyone was certain Tiger would at least tie Nicklaus in majors. PTI made the argument that Tiger and Phil together wouldn't win 4 more majors and thus the bet was born.

I'm usually wrong so it bodes well for Mickelson but I don't see him holding up through Sunday. That said, this course is 7,100 yards so it's not like you have to keep up with the long hitters to stay in contention.

In Chief terms, it's only playing 7,400 yards, not the usual 9,000+.

How many seasons has the bet been in place? This has to be at least the third year.

Lol, the bet was not 4. It's been discussed/rehashed about 175 times since it was made in here, please try to pay attention.

The bet was made a year or two before Phil won the British, and while Tiger wasn't even playing, or sucking horribly -- when many people believed it was possible he'd never win another one (he hasn't), and that Phil was beginning to get over the hill age-wise.

Last edited:
It was 2011 or 12 when the bet was made. After Phil's Master before his British. I'm thinking pretty close to the British. Actually, I think it was end of 2011 after Tiger basically missed the entire year.

And it was 2 more b/w the two of them. TS. Well after Tiger's problems at home and injuries started. No one at that point thought he was certain to catch Jack.

Reactions: wildcatadam6
The over under was 2.5.

It was made sometime around 2009 or 2010. Shockingly, Phil has won TWICE since the bet was made. His 2013 win was years into it.

Seriously, anth. You are 100% clueless about this entire ordeal. No clue why you're even opining here, considering you've been wrong about every statement you've made. You're an idiot.

It was 2011 or 12 when the bet was made. After Phil's Master before his British. I'm thinking pretty close to the British. Actually, I think it was end of 2011 after Tiger basically missed the entire year.

And it was 2 more b/w the two of them. TS. Well after Tiger's problems at home and injuries started. No one at that point thought he was certain to catch Jack.

Dude. You are incredibly WRONG.

[laughing][laughing][laughing]

Anth is basically rewriting history and making up his own bet.

Hell, it was made last week and Tiger wasn't even mentioned. It was actually Sergio and Lee Westwood. And it was the Scottish Open.

[eyeroll]

Reactions: wcc31
As miserable as these guys are right now with the wind/rain, I can't say enough how happy it makes me to see Bubba crying like a bitch right now. That bitch could beat ISIS on his own and I would probably still hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT