ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simmons is just not good on TV, especially during his monologue. Awkward, stiff, forced. And stop trying to dress like a millennial, Bill. You're damn near 50.

And the fact that the show is taped doesn't help, either. Half the topics they're addressing are either moot or old news by the time that show airs.

Why can the bastard not realize this and just write a weekly column? Everything he's done besides writing has sucked and now he doesn't write at all.

-Sorry to bring political talk into GYERO

Don't apologize - maybe this will get Krazy talking politics in here. That straight :fire:he drops in the political thread is changing the world one post at a time (and is also perfect reading after a long day, when you need a good laugh). If he figures out how to spell Hillary correctly, then look out!

- Curious about Rob's thoughts on DJs in restaurants.

-And of course I didn't forget Btothe4th... Happy National Hot Dog Day!!!!!

- I don't mind some good music during dinner, but a DJ sounds like an unneeded expense

- I love a good cold brew coffee, and it tastes completely different than regular coffee, it's more tea-like

- I think our Oline is going to be pretty solid this year, our Dline leaves me concerned though

- Gtown is popping since going wet, pretty awesome little downtown

- Didn't the Beaver Dam restaurant used to be a Jerry's before it was Arbys?

- Can't believe we are on the backside of summer, school starts back in about a month

- I need to get some fishing in, haven't been since April

WCC... Great rec on the Muscle Shoals documentary on Netflix. Fascinating that much talent cut so many great records/tracks at one small studio.

Reactions: wcc31
30,000 tickets sold for minor league soccer on Saturday.

Good thing you already got your tickets, WW

Indeed only 1 round, but I'd rather have a 3-4 shot lead on Thursday than not. This isn't Andrew Landry or Rocco Mediate we're talking about here. Check the Vegas odds this evening if you want to bet against him.

It takes something really special (and some breaks) to win a Golf Major, but as I've maintained all along, Phil has as good of a shot as anyone these days despite his age. If you're watching today, it's pretty easy to see. Time is still on my side. Ursch's 'age' stats become more irrelevant with each passing year, as anyone who understands humans in 2016 compared to 1972 should understand, but he doesn't.

He just tied the best round in Major Championship HISTORY. (with a near center lipout :weary: Brutal)

Not bad for a guy in a wheelchair. :golf:

Seriously, how did that miss? :cry:

30,000 tickets sold for minor league soccer on Saturday.

Good thing you already got your tickets, WW

Tickets and a free babysitter already accounted for.

Probably hit up the new restaurant Bella's in Loveland for an early dinner and head on down to The Nip. (is it ok to call it that?)

I'll be in the general admission student section, so the earlier I get there, the better my seats.

After we get home, we'll probably sit on the back patio and drink a bottle of wine and snack on salami and cheese while listening to the soothing trickle of water cascading into my glorious pond.

And wcc hates minor league soccer. Pshaw.

All that matters is the score :flushed:

Sincerely,

BBdK's 67 on a Par 70 (which I never disclose) in HS. My Dad is a career 10-12 handicap, got down to a 6 at one point...but he has a 66 on his resume (Par 70) on the course he played immediately after he won a Car for a regional closest to the pin contest. [laughing] Just more proof (if needed) that golf is mental if you have the basic fundamentals.

...seriously though, most of the 63s have been shot on 70/71 courses.

http://www.pgatour.com/tourreport/2013/08/09/63s-in-major-championships.html

Last edited:
No one is saying Phil has already won, but I certainly wouldn't underestimate his round. There's almost a 0% chance he isn't leading or within 2 of the lead after Saturday's round. So yeah, pretty important round. Hard to believe someone born in the 1800s could shoot 63 in a Major.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
You guys talking about an obscure sport in Europe gives me freedom to discuss the Tour. True to form a spectator got smoked by a moto bike and all the leaders ran into the back of the moto. The leader of the race takes off RUNNING up the mountain. You idiots are missing excellent entertainment.

Of the previous 27 rounds of 63 in major championship history, 7 were in the 1st round. Of these, only Jack Nicklaus (1980 U.S. Open) went on to win the tournament.

Wait, is that legal?

It happens in NASCAR.

item1146004_600px_zpspqxcgneg.jpeg

If you can find a cheapish (or have an older one laying around) Windows computer you can hook it up to your TV and download emulators for anything N64/PS2 and earlier. They make specialized USB controllers for each system but you can also just use a wireless Xbox controller.

Does Louisville still have the 2 story McDonald's? And where was the 2 story McDonald's in Lexington? I remember that from when I was little (I think?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT