ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it. It's a play with music, modern music with a beat.

Well that's clearly never happened before so I get it now. Thanks.

The nation has been starving for Alexander Hamilton-themed entertainment for years. No surprise that this has been such a success.

Every 3-5 years or so there is a blockbuster musical that becomes THE ticket, so this isn't a new phenomenon. That said, it has been amplified with Hamilton for some reason. Was kind of a slow build since it opened last August. Tony's and the press are part of it. Considering we haven't seen it, of course its not going to make sense.

Anytime you combine American History and The Gays, you're bound to have all kinds of success.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner, tbh.

The damn musical is just too damn long. Like 43 songs. It sucks. It is as if AP US History nerds at Manual had a project. So queer.

Rock of Ages or Jesus Christ Superstar crush Hamilton. Hell, Jesus is Jesus and it took half the number of songs to tell his story.

I still think a musical could be made of Randy Travis' life with the album Forever and Ever Amen. That or a 90's country (Garth Brooks era) Rock of Ages style musical.

-Opened the bar yesterday, closed another from 10p-4a last night and reopened the first at 1030a this morning. Shewee, glad that's over. Good money but very little sleep and had to miss the gym.

-Watched the VICE doc on student loans and its a terrible situation for a lot of people but one couple had 300K in debt to be elementary school teachers :flushed:. I mean, they'll literally NEVER be out of debt if they have to pay all that off, but dang, stop signing on the dotted line folks.

Speaking of VICE, they're new channel has some pretty good content, no surprise.

-"WE" bought a new Macbook which arrived today. It's great but not really necessary(or even close) for what we need. Oh well, makes her happy so, I'm happy, only cost me $700....

-Can't wait for some fireworks Monday:smiley:

Yes. But less than I should have. The producers were half incompetent half corrupt. Fortunately they were too incompetent to completely screw the investors over.

- Been on the back porch for the last 4 hours doing nothing. Half tempted to sleep out here.

- Legends game tomorrow night. Minor league baseball during the 4th of July weekend just feels right.

- On that note, can't imagine how much better the Legends and Lex would be if they had put that ballpark downtown. Missed opportunity.

- Podcast pet peeve... Having a great guest to interview is nearly irrelevant if you spend the whole time talking over them/asking questions with no regard to their answer and solely to give your take/enjoying your own voice/etc.

There are a lot of very interesting people with podcasts out there who have no idea how to get out of their own way.

Last edited:
-
- Podcast pet peeve... Having a great guest to interview is nearly irrelevant if you spend the whole time talking over them/asking questions with no regard to their answer and solely to give your take/enjoying your own voice/etc.

There are a lot of very interesting people with podcasts out there who have no idea how to get out of their own way.
Sounds like you are talking about Adam Carolla, who injects 30 minutes of his history for every 10 minutes his guests give. Simmons is pretty bad bad too, but when he has a real guest (rarely) he keeps it on them. Aceman thinks all roads lead to Carolla or Mangria.

- If you want experience some justice with this, listen to Matt Jones' podcast interview with Sean Farnham from last season. Farnham shits all over him for doing exactly this and it was great. (I like Jones and don't mean to crush him. I like 'eem.)

- My wife plopped my son into bed to nurse him this morning (a routine I readily sleep through). This time however, his lower back was covered in shit and it made it onto the sheets and duvet before she realized it and scooped him up three seconds later. It was quite the alarm clock. Also, we are at my in-laws in Canada where I have no reason to wake up early, if at all, before lunch and all I wanted to do was sleep in. Vacation!!!

Last edited:
Jones had been pretty good on his podcast but his one with Sonka this week was awful. He wouldn't let Sonka get in a word and kept talking about his political project.

- On that note, can't imagine how much better the Legends and Lex would be if they had put that ballpark downtown. Missed opportunity.

There is interest in getting it relocated downtown within the next few years and serious talk going on between the players that could make it happen. Isaac forced it into its current location because she is a nitwit, and the previous owners/managers didn't push back hard enough. The original plan was to put it in the parking lot behind Rupp, which would have been the perfect location.

Reactions: ukalum01
Guy came in the bar yesterday with a Texas Western shirt on. Thinking it was someone just wearing a shirt, I asked him what he knew about Texas Western. We went back and forth for a bit about the '66 championship and come to find out it was David Haskins, Don's son. Very nice guy and lives in the Keys (Marathon) now.

Only thing I wanted to check him on was how badly he wanted to get into the Rupp was racist part of conversation. Told him I never watched Glory Road because I knew how it ended already. He could tell I was biting my tongue a bit and we agreed he was a "product of his time" like most people then and moved on to other things.

It was pretty funny though when he said, "My dad wasn't some forward thinking civil rights guy. He just thought it was the best basketball tactic to start your 5 best players." We both had a laugh and he took off.

Reactions: Mossip
Had the butcher cut me a 2.5" strip to sous vide. Think I got a little carried away (coupled with the fact that I always underestimate distances/sizing).

NBA free agency numbers must make NFL players livid. Apparently DeMar Derozan is more valuable than Andrew Luck. And Mosgov's deal [roll].

Looks like rain on the way in Indy, but the weather is a fantastic in the upper 70's with a breeze. Got the windows up giving the AC a rest.

What is the best driver for someone with zero golf experience? Callaway XR?

:americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag::americanflag:

It's Essence Fest here in town this week. A lot of the best bars and restaurants in the Quarter close down. For the, uhhhh....holidays and stuff. Uber drivers hate it, too.

So, yeah. Team Rupp. IMO.

The Legends would be better off in Hamburg, imo.

Also, the Legends color scheme and mascot is stupid as hell. Needs to be the secretariats and use the blue and white checkers

If Mitch had any balls he would find a way to have a live Wildcat live in some form of an controlled exhibit near the entrance of Commonwealth. Similar to Mike the Tiger in Death Valley. Sure the animal rights activist would throw a fit but if you wanted to make it happen it could happen.

Nope. That would be way too cool and would get the fans way too rowdy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT