ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't blame anyone for that approach at all. Head in to get a trim on your lunch break, dressed in your business professional attire... assuming the stylist, a single mother of 3 that was a real looker just 8 short years ago but got married too young and divorced not long after, would also have her own fantasy about the corporate man coming in and sweeping her off her feet.
Shit you nailed my girl perfect. Tried to hook up old bonzo but she's got a new man. Girl has a dump truck.

Ordered this tonight.

61srwrMyDML._SX437_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Apparently there's even a recipe in it for smoked cheesecake. Ha.

Reactions: cawoodsct
One time, I was tasked with improving the student section's intimidation of opposing teams at high-major college arena.

In my new seating layout options, from the nail in the foul line of an opposing (2nd half) shooter, I overlaid a diagram of the two ranges of peripheral vision and showed how many students would be present each range - empirically demonstrating intimidation factor of each scenario.

The AD guys thought it was dope.

But did you sell any lumber to what may or may not have been a real rootin tootin asshole?

Parts of a mutilated body have washed up on the sands of Copacabana beach in Rio de Janeiro just meters from where beach volleyball athletes will compete in the upcoming Olympics.

Just your run of the mill pre-Olympic hysteria, eh PTI?

I think a nice feature for uber and lyft would be to add a smoking/nonsmoking car feature. Hate stepping out smelling like an ashtray.

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
Nah, we had a membership for a year, just couldn't make it out to Norton Commons enough to justify. We also have Sam's Club, but that's pretty much like Kmart compared to Costco.

Odds Chad learned about women and puppies in the last year? #StoneColdLeadPipe

-I've met Joey. He could never dunk, nor could he hold a basketball in the air without dropping it. Not sure about the rest of that stuff.

-Uber/Lyft is great, but the incompetent taxi drivers are certainly infiltrating the ranks. Had some pretty awful ones of late -- people that obviously just moved to the city that have no clue where to go. You'd think GPS would take care of that, but apparently not.

Forgot to mention the hilarity of how bad the Reds are, Joe Madden saying, "Touch it, it's the 15th inning and its the Reds, put 3 pitchers in the outfield."

Yeah, I've not had anyone actually light up while I've been in the car, but you can tell they've been burning some heaters.

For the most part, lyft drivers have been a better car/driver in my experience.

I know we've got lumbar salesman, but are there any tire salesman with the Gyero hookup?

Porsche needs some new shoes.

Some posters do legitimately interesting things for a living, yet we're exclusively subjected to weekly updates from the lumber salesman.

Christ.
Agree. I assume most of GYERO is waiting patiently on my upcoming tales from a Federal Compliance and Data Analyst

Is there an odds page online yet for the "1st 2016 Summer Olympic Athlete to be murdered in Rio?" Adrian? I'm going to go with US Cyclist Matt Baronoski, cause of death is still TBD though. Likely a simple Staph infection. Or shot in the face.

Killings in Rio increased to 2,036 in the first four months of the year, compared to 1,818 for the same period in 2015, according to a state tally that counts homicides, officer-involved killings and deaths as a result of robberies.

Seems like a safe place.

Thursday Shorts:

- Me and the little dude are starting to find our routine. He's going to be massive- probably 85-90 lbs. Really good dog thus far. For being a country dog who had never been inside a house before, he sure has taken to the AC.

- Cubs fans infesting this city. One of my best friends is a lifelong Cubs fan- his old man was from up that way. I'd like him to experience a championship. Maybe I'm softening in my old age.

- The more I see and read about Monk, the more excited I am. We've had some interesting and ridiculous backcourts under Cal, but this one may combine athleticism and shooting better than any of them.I'm with CoolCat and Geese- just these 3 guards drive and kick, spot Willis on the outside and let Bam clean it all up inside. Create O-from-D and get out and run.

- Besides the bullshit surge pricing (to their credit, they have changed it to where the customer is much more aware now), I've never had an issue with Uber.

- Already dreading Anth's Tour de France posts over the next few weeks. Temporary ban, please.

- Looking at a laid back weekend. I'll probably catch a buzz, but won't be pulling an 8-hour shift having Unleashed Married Guy handing me bourbons all night like last weekend. Took me almost til Wednesday to get back to good.

- Some foreign names that have never really caught on here in the good ol' US that I wish would: Boris, Svetlana, Natalia.

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
- Love it when the Uber driver offers up the Aux cord for some tunes. Sometimes go deep into the hip hop catalogue when a brother is driving and they start laughing when a cracker starts playing old school gems.

- Bats game tonight. Haven't been to a game in 2 years. Tonight will be the perfect tonight to have a few draft domestos on the outfield patio in Slugger. Don't really enjoy watching baseball but love the crack of a bat, the smell of stadium food and being at the yard.

I will say this about Rio...Blame it on Rio is one of the greatest movies of all time. Probably Top 5. And there really is no debate. That Michelle Johnson chick walking around naked for half the movie = [cheers]:clap::cool2::boom:[thumb2][smoke] to a 12-13 year old 73. She's an all-timer in my book. Don't care what anyone says.

Might have to pull that movie up today. :100points:

Reactions: Booker Noe
* "lumbar salesman"

* Latest Planet Money podcast is about how Bitcoin works and how it's getting so popular that the systems are overrun and exchanges simply aren't going through.

* Saul Smith Still Trying To Convince Everyone That “Saul Good Restaurant” Was His Idea

* The Red Bang Bang story made me look into Lexington database to see more scores and I really cant figure out how the process works. You can score a 95 and fail the inspection or you can score an 85 and pass.

I'm desperately interested in how often SAE visits this salon.

I have receding hairline but grow out what I have because wife. Walked into the salon 3 mins from the house thinking should be 15 mins for her so can't be that bad.

Um, we charge 30 for haircuts as she judges me from afar.

Bitch got me because at that point pride pushes to that seat. I'll show you.

The Rio de Janeiro state government declared a state of emergency earlier this month, prompting the federal bailout. It warned that a lack of funds may lead to "a total breakdown in public security, health, education, mobility and environmental management."

"The police fleet runs the risk of stopping. We managed to stretch the finances and we'll only last until the end of the week," Dornelles said.

Two days before the gruesome body parts discovery, the acting governor of the state of Rio de Janeiro warned that the Games could be a "big failure" because the state is out of money.

"I am optimistic about the games, but I have to show the reality. We can make a great Olympics, but if some steps are not taken, it can be a big failure," Francisco Dornelles told Brazilian newspaper O Globo.

160630102537-rio-beach-body-parts-found-2-exlarge-169.jpg

A runner passes by the body parts that were found near the Olympics beach volleyball stadium, visible in the background.

There are other issues of concern of course, like the untreated sewage in the waters which athletes complained have made them break out in disease. The U.S. Olympic rowing team is taking extra precautions and will be wearing seamless antimicrobial unisuits to compete, while the German sailing team has been practicing trying to sail in trash-coated waters.

Nothing to see here, just business as usual, per PTI.

Parts of a mutilated body have washed up on the sands of Copacabana beach in Rio de Janeiro just meters from where beach volleyball athletes will compete in the upcoming Olympics.

Just your run of the mill pre-Olympic hysteria, eh PTI?

This "venue" was just scaffolding when I left about 4 weeks ago. Only saw work being done one day, and by "work" I mean 5-6 guys leaning on shovels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT