ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just proud of SAE to keep going to a hair stylist in the hopes of getting an inadvertent "brush" during the shampoo portion of the process.
Can't blame anyone for that approach at all. Head in to get a trim on your lunch break, dressed in your business professional attire... assuming the stylist, a single mother of 3 that was a real looker just 8 short years ago but got married too young and divorced not long after, would also have her own fantasy about the corporate man coming in and sweeping her off her feet.

Reactions: anthonys735
Signs that gyero is getting old -

referring to electronic music as "some guy playing on his computer".

thinking a woman telling another man that her teenage son is masturbating is a hot come on.

Learned from "Real Genius" that hair stylists love to party. I don't have a point with this.

val-kilmer1.jpg

Reactions: drxman1
Look like Stansbury is offering land deals in Bowling Green.

Maybe Stoops should start offering the special teams coach to the "godfather" of the best running back or wide receiver in the class. Seems to work in basketball.

Last edited:
DAVIESS CO., KY (WFIE) -

A pre-trial release officer was arrested at the Daviess County Detention Center on Wednesday, according to Jailer David Osborne.

Osborne says 32-year-old Jason Stubblefield, of Owensboro, is accused of smuggling drugs into inmates in exchange for sex. The jailer tells us Stubblefield was arrested in his office on Wednesday.

He was booked into the detention center and charged with promoting contraband, possession, and trafficking in a controlled substance.

Stubblefield works for the Administrative Office of the Courts with the State of Kentucky. He meets with inmates to give the judge information on if the inmate should be released.

[laughing]

DAVIESS CO., KY (WFIE) -

A pre-trial release officer was arrested at the Daviess County Detention Center on Wednesday, according to Jailer David Osborne.

Osborne says 32-year-old Jason Stubblefield, of Owensboro, is accused of smuggling drugs into inmates in exchange for sex. The jailer tells us Stubblefield was arrested in his office on Wednesday.

He was booked into the detention center and charged with promoting contraband, possession, and trafficking in a controlled substance.

Stubblefield works for the Administrative Office of the Courts with the State of Kentucky. He meets with inmates to give the judge information on if the inmate should be released.

[laughing]
Again, not shocked.

Is there an estimated opening date for the Bashford Manor Costco? Eek
No, they intend to just build it forever, idiot.

NOT- The estimated opening date is any date from late September to Christmas. I'm in the biz as well, so luckily I could lend my expertise to you on this, TBH.

Time is a flat spiral but this industry treats it as linear in order to define critical paths in Microsoft Project software (the industry standard application). That's what makes this industry so truly fascinating, imo.

NOT- The estimated opening date is any date from late September to Christmas. I'm in the biz as well, so luckily I could lend my expertise to you on this, TBH.

What facet of construction are you in?

It's fascinating, or at least what my point was, because other than the weatherman no one is wrong more often than people in construction. Start date was Apr 4 and it was supposed to be a 6 month build......lol.

The completion date was expected when I said, but I jokingly threw out Christmas because, well it's a possibility.

Things are always changing. For instance I shipped 47K in lumber to Mesquite, TX in May and for whatever reason they just got into it. Tough break on the super to order it on site so damn early.

Joey, no offense, but did you get bullied unmercifully in school?
I did not, at all. I played soccer (stopper, far post throw-ins on a rope, all region as a senior, coach's award), ran track (200, 400, 800, 4x100, 4x200*, 4x400, 4x800, some 1500's, long & triple jump; *school record & fastest team at state with only one black guy), I could technically "dunk" at 5'-11" back then, hosted the school talent show, JSA secretary, Academic Team, Computer Club, French Club, I had a poor GPA, but 19 credits from AP, high enough ACT to cap out of KEES money and be a Merit Student at UK by my junior year of HS. My senior year I got a 4 on the AP Bio practice test three weeks into the year, so I finagled a deal to run the schools recycling program and screw around in gym classes instead of attending AP Bio unless absolutely necessary. That school was my oyster.

I was probably the type of kid who was so clearly marked for success, that some high school teachers secretly resented me, but maybe I'm projecting.

Last edited:
Sadly that seems about right for you. A self important position that doesn't know jack about actual application in the field.

At least you're self aware, I guess.[winking]

[laughing]

What makes us so awful? I basically act as the super for my residential builders, and I do the best I can to make up for architects lack of knowledge in commercial applications.

I spent 12 years as purchasing manager for a large builder, I could go on for days about salesmen in the construction industry.

Nothing is worse than the waste removal industry sales rep though. If those guys are flat out crooks, they are slimy morons who work for crooks.

Reactions: TransyCat09
I love the hate different construction fields have for each other. My dad is the superintendent for a sprinkler company and I love it when he talks shit about different sales reps and people he deals with on job sites. He also loathes firefighters for the same reason.

Last edited:
I spent 12 years as purchasing manager for a large builder, I could go on for days about salesmen in the construction industry.

I'd love to hear it so I don't fall into that category. I know there are some good ones out there, but I've done well taking builders from our competition because of slimy "sales" strategies.

Not going to clog up gyero with trade talk, email me at mphdtd @ yahoo.com and I'll share my experiences.

The worst folks in construction are the inspectors, and this is coming from someone who used to be one. I used to work as a building code officer for a large jurisdiction and I wouldn't trust a single person there to hang a picture. Nice people, but they don't really see how much money they can cost hardworking joe's with silly nonsensical bullshit.

Some posters do legitimately interesting things for a living,

One time, I was tasked with improving the student section's intimidation of opposing teams at high-major college arena.

In my new seating layout options, from the nail in the foul line of an opposing (2nd half) shooter, I overlaid a diagram of the two ranges of peripheral vision and showed how many students would be present each range - empirically demonstrating intimidation factor of each scenario.

The AD guys thought it was dope.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT