ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryson, Phil, Tiger. Rory, Briny.

Golf is selective, I'm not typing out that 3-syllable name for the rest of my life, he's going to be around a long time with that simple swing.

When does Jason tee off?

-Typical Jerry Redass jumping to wrong conclusions.

Hot enough fer ya? [laughing] [sick]:uzi:

-This poor Landry kid on his 3rd delay...1 putt from finally getting off the course as the clubhouse leader, and the other ones were poorly timed as well. He's made more birdies TODAY than he's made cuts (5). As if the US Open isn't enough of a grind on its own. May be done today, hope not. Afternoon guys haven't even teed off yet. :weary:

Then why are they saying it is 684 but playing like 700?

Chase - "why did my normal 250 drive only go 200?"
Anybody - "Because you are playing into a stiff wind idiot."

You aren't even replying correctly to my reply, dipshit.

You said it plays 700 for those guys, 750-800 for guys like you and Doc. Um, no it doesn't you dense piece of shit. If it plays 700, then it plays 700 god damn yards FOR EVERYONE. Just because you hit it 150 yards off the tee doesn't mean it plays 800 yards. Christ.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Agree to disagree. They are stating that in terms of professional golfers.

[laughing]

No, they are stating in terms of the YARDAGE.

If you're walking and it's 88 but the Heat Index is 100, is it different for professional walkers?

No.

They may perform better, or take less time (or club, for a better golfer), but the factual heat/yardage is the same.

Good grief. :weary:

Reactions: _Chase_
I'm kicking myself for not giving soccer a chance until a few years ago. I've actually become a defender and I'm still nowhere near the soccer ball that some are knowing the intricacies of the formations, the strategies, etc...

Watching Messi come in the other day and score a hat trick in 19 minutes was spectacular. Ronaldo getting two cracks at free kick for a win and hitting the wall twice. Alexis Sanchez receiving a cross and pummeling it into the back of the net. Just great to see this happening in America.

And the GD USofA starting to give a shit about the sport.

The matches are non-stop, no commercials, pretty intense and the pride make it a really amazing sport. Not to take away from things like college football, because it's great the way it is but while we're pounding beers in a parking lot, soccer fans are singing f'ing songs in a stadium an hour plus before a match waving flags getting geeked for a match.

The wind affects the average golfer more than a professional further lengthening the hole for the average player more than it would the professional.

Is chief arguing that amateur golfers have to hit it more so they have to hit more shots into the wind and THAT makes it play longer?

That's the best I can make of it, still doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT