ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ichiro played 7 full seasons in Japan before coming to the US. He would have to average 180/season between 20 and 27 to eclipse Rose.

I think he could have done it. About a 50/50 shot. But calling him the Hit King? No way. Nobody with any common sense says that.
Rose also had over 300 hits in the minor leagues. If they're counting Jap baseball hits then why not those?

<<<< rooting hard for krazykats
HDY.

I done did some demo in my day as well - including a stint cleaning out repossessed trailer homes. Brick though a window: cute. Let me know when you shoot a basketball with a nail gun and slip the ricochet.

Once again: get on my level.

It would be easier to argue that Ichiro's time in Japan shouldn't matter if he hadn't come over here and absolutely raked from day one.

Because, you idiot. The idea was that Ichiro was clearly capable at a much younger age than 27 of playing MLB.

Had he grown up in the states, like Rose, and had a normal career...

You're not that dumb. Are you??

Could be worse.

- The qualifier was "if I'm reading this correctly," which I wasn't - you might want to consider making that a parathetical as your sig, btw.

I'm on a deadline at my new job, in the prototypical "mythical man-month" role, and I'm only skimming this thread when my model is synchronizing to the cloud for a few minutes every hour. I missed the "Heath" part.

Last edited:
Reactions: krazykats
:okay:

parathetical

Just for fun let's bring some facts to this.

My wife married me 9 yrs ago at the age of 19.......so with his original imagination Joey is calling BBdK a pedophile at best because his reading ability is as good as my typing ability.

Then once his imagination is destroyed Joey still somehow post a story where the idea of me having incest with my family(think about what your admitting to here regardless of reading ability) as something that crossed his mind enough to type in a post.

Weirdo

:100points:

Yes. One thing to drink a bit, get a little wild and wind up with a PI. A whole different thing to get blackout drunk, drive a car, then pass out in the street.

All while carrying the distinction of being a UK basketball player.

Suspend him, get him some counseling, whatever.

He is done in my book. That video is sad.
He's a college kid. :rolleyes:

Reactions: jayroon
Got something to get off your chest, Pti?

If that was for me, I wasn't arguing whether godzirra could have eclipsed Rose. He very well could have. My point was if some are crowning him the hit king, then why not include all of Petes professional hits.

The thing about Willis, it's painfully obvious he's been in Cal's super secret but not so secret dog house for a while.

Most basketballs on here have wondered why he didn't get more PT even when we were obviously more effective as a team when he was on the floor last year.

Now, it's gone from whispers to a public incident. If it was a kid like Darius Miller, who had a bunch of goodwill built up...sucks, a college kid had a stupid night. But, there have been questions of Derek's commitment to basketball since he got on campus and now on the cusp of his senior season when he is supposed to be a leader and have really important role he does this?

You don't boot the kid but he's now firmly back in the dog house and rightfully so, IMO.

I'd feel better if it looked like he'd been out all night happy drinking. That looked like the culmination of a long night of sad drinking.

If you went to any other school and still cheered for UK you should have transferred per Stansbury. He's already started bitching about that, and the fact that Kentucky and Louisville won't play them.

He's a college kid. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I mean I could count on two hands how many of my idiot buddies (all doing well for themselves in 2016) got DUIs in college or shortly thereafter and/or passed out in embarrassingly stupid ways and places. It's not a good look and I'm sure he's going to pay the piper, but it's definitely not as dramatic as bucket's making it out to be.

The thing about Willis, it's painfully obvious he's been in Cal's super secret but not so secret dog house for a while.

Most basketballs on here have wondered why he didn't get more PT even when we were obviously more effective as a team when he was on the floor last year.

Now, it's gone from whispers to a public incident. If it was a kid like Darius Miller, who had a bunch of goodwill built up...sucks, a college kid had a stupid night. But, there have been questions of Derek's commitment to basketball since he got on campus and now on the cusp of his senior season when he is supposed to be a leader and have really important role he does this?

You don't boot the kid but he's now firmly back in the dog house and rightfully so, IMO.

Kid is obviously "different"- that's pretty obvious. Doesn't make him a bad kid, but he's not your normal super talented bigtime college basketball player.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Kick him off the team for that-no.

Had he killed or injured somebody, then I would say yes.

Obviously a bad look. I agree, Cal is gonna make him really regret that night. What is the preferred method of PT torture these days?

I'd feel better if it looked like he'd been out all night happy drinking. That looked like the culmination of a long night of sad drinking.
Had a fight with Larry Vaught's favorite interview, got shipwreck all night, made up over the phone and just couldn't wait to go see her.

I'm assuming we will never hear what his punishment is much like when Cal suspended Liggins for drugs but it will be obvious that he's being punished.

Reactions: wcc31
Still torn on what's fair punishment but definitely not bad enough to ruin the kid's life over it. Mizzou suspended a player for a year that caved in a female's face. Tallahassee PD made rape a player right for FSU. Gainesville PD legalized murder during their title run. Bama, I mean if Tuscaloosa cops ever did something to a Bama player they would have to move 5,000 miles away. Auburn and Louisville are halfway houses for criminals. F'ing UNC has their shit tight all the way up the judicial ladder in NC. The question is, how is this not Mitch's fault?

I saw this question posed on RR, why was this tape released? It's a terrible look and it's out now but if Willis doesn't play for UK, does this tape ever get released? No controversial shooting, no tragedy, no brutality or any of the usual cases that have dash cams released.

If you went to any other school and still cheered for UK you should have transferred per Stansbury. He's already started bitching about that, and the fact that Kentucky and Louisville won't play them.

I've said it before, but the only potentially redeeming thing about those jagoffs in Bowling Green is that they have the potential to be a real pain in the ass to UofL. UK is completely accustomed to this type of "THEYRE BULLIES AND WONT PLAY US" bullshit from in state schools obviously, but this is new territory for UofL.

So, Team Stansbury tbh.

I saw this question posed on RR, why was this tape released? It's a terrible look and it's out now but if Willis doesn't play for UK, does this tape ever get released? No controversial shooting, no tragedy, no brutality or any of the usual cases that have dash cams released.

I'm sure the media requested it and the police had to let it out legally.

NBA basketballs- a question:

Am I the only one curious about why Brice Johnson isn't a surefire lottery pick? Dude's projected in the 20s and I just don't get it. I don't like him at all, but he's 6'10", put together, has good offensive skill, is a pretty good athlete and is a good rebounder. He'll never be an All-Star, but seems to me he's a lock to be a valuable rotation guy and could be a pretty good starter. In this draft, I'd consider him at the end of the Top 10 into the lottery.

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
Makes sense but that seems like a really quick turnaround for a request like that. Just curious. He's earned the embarrassment of that being public.

If you think Derek Willis is playing a decent role on next years team I have some good steaks for delivery right here in the back of my truck if you would like to meet me around hamburg?

Pretty much. Cal will be invested in the freshmen. Willis will player fewer minutes than last season. This arrest didn't really change much. He may take a few more DNP's early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT