ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAE's summer sandal hate is so damn weird & incorrect. There are situations where they are inappropriate, but they are few and far between for my summers.

Amazing how many feet phobes there are out there, really. Many people can't even fathom the idea of getting a foot massage -- you're really missing out.

Flip-flops are good for one thing....pool/beach. That's the list. And reading that BBdK wore ff's to the golf tournament required a double take....who treks a golf course wearing these? Some spaz-ass I guess. Serves you right you had a blow out.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Flip-flops are good for one thing....pool/beach. That's the list. And reading that BBdK wore ff's to the golf tournament required a double take....who treks a golf course wearing these? Some spaz-ass I guess. Serves you right you had a blow out.

I wore them only b/c the other 3 guys did and didn't want to embarrass my fashionista friends -- I wanted to wear Tennis Shoes, as anyone who's ever been to a golf tournament knows is completely acceptable and preferred when you're going to walk 15 miles. Of course, every guy in the group's feet were completely touched after day 1 -- and it was tennis shoes on Day 2.

So, we have UKO, SAE, and his little stalker Mustard. Pretty much confirms my position. If sandals in the summer in casual situations bothers you, then you're the problem. :100points:

Reactions: wildcatadam6
The older I get, the less I like wearing flip-flops. They're just a pain in the ass in a lot of situations. Used to wear them to every tailgate, now I'd never wear them to a game. They suck to walk in over any distance or on any surface that isn't flat and smooth. I don't 'hate' them and still wear my Rainbows boating, at the beach and around the house, but they've definitely become much more marginalized than just a few years ago.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Flops are fine in a casual setting. Pretty much wear as much as possible in the summer.

Don't think I would wear them if I knew there was gonna be a lot of walking.

How about these?

sandals_PNG9699.png

team flip flop, what better to walk around in 80+ degree weather. dont like them on others dont stare at their feet, weirdoes. people in society I interact with could be walking around in GD clown shoes for all I care about others feet.

Last Friday night I went to Cynthiana to watch my niece and nephew play softball/tee ball. I didn't check in on Facebook at any point. I didn't post any pictures to Facebook and I was not tagged in anyone's pictures or status. I did run into a friend I had not seen in several years, because he had a kid on my nephew's tee ball team. He's also my Facebook friend, although I never see any updates from him in my timeline. Until the next day. Suddenly I saw a post with him in it in my timeline. I hadn't searched him. I hadn't been to his page. We just happened to have our phones in the same location the night before. The same thing happened again today. I had lunch with someone I hadn't seen in almost a year Wednesday, with whom I have very few friends in common, and never interact with on Facebook. Suddenly his status appeared in my timeline today for the first time in forever. Really f'n creepy. Facebook is apparently tracking users and keeping record of who you are potentially hanging out with based upon the locations of your phone.

Just saw a picture of Chad in a shirt and tie, enjoying a 5* meal w/ a monster bottle of wine, and smiling.

Umm, it sure doesn't look like wine in the glass he's drinking. Unless they are drinking it on the rocks these days...

CC nailed the flop take. Back in the day I'd wear mine everywhere all year. Now, very casual events in the summer, beach, around the house or something like that. Loafers and boat shoes have jumped up the list.

Friday I have no idea what I was thinking not throwing on running shoes. I even went back and then said, "ah f*ck it." I figured with this group and booze involved that we wouldn't be walking the entire course. Thought we'd go check a couple areas, find a nice spot, sit and booze while watching everyone come through. FALSE. I think we logged 34k steps. My feet were torched.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Last Friday night I went to Cynthiana to watch my niece and nephew play softball/tee ball. I didn't check in on Facebook at any point. I didn't post any pictures to Facebook and I was not tagged in anyone's pictures or status. I did run into a friend I had not seen in several years, because he had a kid on my nephew's tee ball team. He's also my Facebook friend, although I never see any updates from him in my timeline. Until the next day. Suddenly I saw a post with him in it in my timeline. I hadn't searched him. I hadn't been to his page. We just happened to have our phones in the same location the night before. The same thing happened again today. I had lunch with someone I hadn't seen in almost a year Wednesday, with whom I have very few friends in common, and never interact with on Facebook. Suddenly his status appeared in my timeline today for the first time in forever. Really f'n creepy. Facebook is apparently tracking users
and keeping record of who you are potentially hanging out with based upon the locations of your phone.

I got rid of the app for this very reason. It's creepy af. I read somewhere that a guy listened to spanish radio station, and the next day all of the ads on fb were in spanish.

Sounds like it's time for a Chadthonys privacy settings update -- it's really simple, folks.

That won't fix what I'm talking about. It's not that I didn't want to see those people's post, it's the fact that it is not only tracking my movements, but keeping a record of them and using that to tailor my timeline.

Reactions: B Rax
-Flip flops are amazing. I don't wear closed toed shoes ANYWHERE except the gym and work. I hate having my feet couped up in those things. Of course, I live in the Keys so it's more practical.

-Glad there's another OJ doc coming out. A couple more and I'll have that whole story figured out finally.

Reactions: wildcatadam6
Location Services, dummy.

Social media bitchers are the worst. There is a very simple solution to rid yourself of all the never-ending annoyances if you can't figure out by now how to maximize your experience ---> Delete all your accounts.

Delete all your accounts.

I can't. I have to have a personal Facebook page to have a business Facebook page. You can't have a business in 2016 without a social media presence.

If you turn off location services, most of the shit on the phone doesn't work worth a damn and you inevitably have to turn it back on to get something to work how it's supposed to work.

I looked and the Facebook App did not have permission to access my location. Any other suggestions?

- Anyone have any recs on where to stay in San Diego? There's a ton of hotels to choose from but I don't know anything about the town. La Jolla area looks fun but some of the hotels look like 60's beach motels. Found the Paradise Point Resort/Spa to be more of a resort type place that the lass likes and doesn't look to be that far from La Jolla or downtown.

I'm going next month and we're staying in multiple hotels (points). Hyatt Mission Bay and Hyatt in La Jolla. Both appear to be nice. Hyatt MB is a water taxi away from Sea World, which is why we chose that one to start the vacation....oh, and waterslides at the pool for the kiddos.

If loot isn't an issue, I'd go with Hotel Del Coronado. On the beach, bars, shopping, the works really.

-Time to lengthen the Legacy Trail. It's a really nice trail and becoming very popular which is awesome. Congestion is a bit of an issue. Lots of little kids out there riding bikes or walking. Afraid someone is going to get hurt.
/QUOTE]

Plus now there seems to be a 5k on it every weekend. It really is getting too congested.

Reactions: BradentonCatFan
Damn you, LC. I know your real identity now, don't mess with me.

- I just worry because the families tend to congregate at the bottom of the hills or around corners where bikers can't see. Clipping little Raleigh Tucker at 23 mph would suck. A few etiquette signs out there would be a good start. Stay in your lane, 2 wide on walkers, call out passing, keep dogs on tight leashes.

Reactions: ukalum01
Ha, wasn't paying attention to what I was doing from my phone. Feel free to send me more of the Marlene hate mail. That one this morning was very entertaining.

Honestly, I wish they'd stop allowing 5ks out there as they almost always have them out by Coldstream and it gets crowded but I guess conversely it requires less city resources ad road closures. Makes it difficult if you want to train out there. In addition to extending it into Gtown they were supposed to extend it further into downtown Lexington. They put the trailhead in there on 3rd Street but nothing else. Of course, I'm not sure I'd want to be running or biking out near 3rd either.

If you're not paying for the product, you are the product. ATKOT

It's become cliche' to say that, but it is still pretty damn true. We don't pay for Facebook with money, with pay with it through our personal information. Same with essentially every social media website.

Reactions: Mashburned
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT