ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are bitching about UK Football, and why not, how boneheaded was the "Why Not?" ad campaign? It's up there with the stupid UK slogan when Chuck Wethington was the president: "America's next great university."

Chuck was basically telling me I was paying tuition for a shitty college with that one. Thanks again, Chuck. I appreciate it to this day.

Now with football, they are facing the subliminal "Why?" in fans' heads.

Reactions: Mossip
Honestly the best thing I've noticed is to go to the shop, and just casually shop some trolling motors or upscale parts. Then as they begin asking you questions about what you're looking for just tell them they have your boat in for repairs and you were thinking about some other possible upgrades but wasn't sure when it would be done.

At that point just play coy and hope they bump it up the list. But usually at that point you'll know where you stand and either if they say you are next then you should say "well never mind then I'll just add on possibly at another time" if you're still down the list just ask if buying a few things will get you out the door a little quicker in a playful manner.

Most boat guys are in those shops on the regular so overcoming the friendly relationship only works by spending some more money.

$100 a man tip, 12 pack of cold beer, and a couple sandwiches the last time we moved. Arrow Moving (or something). Two 50+ year old black men that were incredible. Couldn't recommend them more.

Surprise, surprise a competitor in a market that we dominate doesn't like me. I'm not losing sleep over the dude but it is creepy that he stalks this board. Some people need to look in the mirror rather than blame other people. We screw up all the time but we genuinely try to resolve all issues. Shit we ran 60k service calls last year. We're going to piss a few of em off.

2 things I've learned since I took over the family business (watch/clock/jewelry repair for those wondering) is #1 you cannot, no matter how good you are, completely satisfy 100% of your customers 100% of the time. Screw ups happen. It's what you do to remedy those times that matters. And #2 The old adage that the customer is ALWAYS right is bullshit.

Honestly the best thing I've noticed is to go to the shop, and just casually shop some trolling motors or upscale parts. Then as they begin asking you questions about what you're looking for just tell them they have your boat in for repairs and you were thinking about some other possible upgrades but wasn't sure when it would be done.

At that point just play coy and hope they bump it up the list. But usually at that point you'll know where you stand and either if they say you are next then you should say "well never mind then I'll just add on possibly at another time" if you're still down the list just ask if buying a few things will get you out the door a little quicker in a playful manner.

Most boat guys are in those shops on the regular so overcoming the friendly relationship only works by spending some more money.

They know who I am now. I've been playing the patient but persistent customer so far. Maybe it's gotten me a little progress, but not much. Mine is a hefty tab, but not the biggest job by far (some of these repairs are north of 100k.) They are stacked up and insurance is footing most of these bills. Demand is way over supply. A couple knick knacks aren't gonna get you anywhere (I've already tried.)

Figure at this point if you can't crack the friend zone, might as well become their nightmare. Squeaky wheel gets greased.

I think you're really selling your Craigslist hookers idea short. According the Katina Powell's book, backpage.com is the place to go. Getting a girl or two that can squirt to the ceiling would probably move you to the front of the list.

Reactions: drxman1
Sounds like you need to ask yourself what you'd do for a patient who had an appt with you next week because you are fully booked until then.

How could that person get to the top of your list and be seen first thing in the morning?

-So who's business is having an inquiry today? I do appreciate the kind words for the people we didn't botch.

-Finally back out for a ride after 10 days. Damn, I just feel better about everything when I'm getting a good long ride in.

-Time to lengthen the Legacy Trail. It's a really nice trail and becoming very popular which is awesome. Congestion is a bit of an issue. Lots of little kids out there riding bikes or walking. Afraid someone is going to get hurt.

-The heat is on-> 90's the next 5 days and no rain. SOAK IT UP!! Leggo summer.

-Time to lengthen the Legacy Trail. It's a really nice trail and becoming very popular which is awesome. Congestion is a bit of an issue. Lots of little kids out there riding bikes or walking. Afraid someone is going to get hurt.

There was a strong push here to extend it all the way to downtown Georgetown, but it has kind of died off lately. I think that would be a great thing. I'm all for whatever gets bikes onto designated bike routes and off winding country roads with blind curves/hills and no shoulders.

Piling on the "cheapest isn't always the best" -- ask Doc about his Insurance Claim experience on that boat.

-Still have little faith in the Cavs, but them at -1 last night was about as good of a situational spot as you could ever ask for. Lebron wasn't going to get swept. #gambol

-Spending a few hours in the yard has surprisingly become sort of therapeutic, never thought I'd be able to say that.

-Lol at Jamal Murray breaking the Celtics record in their spot shooting drill from 3...79/100 isn't too shabby. Also seems like Poythress is doing well, for him at least. Would love to have him at least hear his name called in the 2nd.

-Golf with me works the opposite, I get burnt out by not playing. Need to get my shit together soon or I'll be 1st flight first weekend in August.

-Recs for favorite leather sandals? Rainbow is out, threw mine in the garbage -- could not make it through the breakthrough period. Had a few pair of Clarks recently, which are fine until they get wet or I go on a beach vacation & ruin them. Other good brands?

-Started Peaky Blinders, enjoying so far

Last edited:
Peaky Blinders is excellent, just wish they'd do more than 6 episodes a season.

Got a pair of Southern Tides flops, pretty happy with them so far. Or do you want full on mandals?

6 episodes seems to be the BBC preferred format. I actually kinda like it, makes for some pretty easy watches.

-I've told you forever I'm hard on shoes, but you insisted it was just me buying Steve Madden or whatever discount shoe I found at Off Broadway.

It's my feet + the way I walk, I suppose. I've upped my shoe game significantly over the years thanks to GYERO FASHION, but it really hasn't made much different.

Last 2 pair of Cole Hahn & Johnston & Murphy didn't even make it a year -- got one of them re-soled, also at your suggestion...and that got me a few extry months, but then they were torn up again. My Sperry loafs are still going strong though after a few years.

The Rainbows were just miserable, I've heard a lot about that other brand you mentioned above, maybe I'll try them next .

Last edited:
CkgwYekXEAARxqr.jpg:large

Gonna be sad watching LeBron's decline. Only a few more years of that^ left. :(

Have spent basically every free minute the past few weeks getting my parents' house packed up for their move to be closer to our family. Spending 34 years in one house, and never stopping along the way to declutter or plan for a move means that it's been a colossal challenge. A combination of reminiscing when I stumble upon something from childhood, helping my dad off the ledge when dealing with all the normal stresses of a move(movers, switching utilities, etc.), and dealing head-on with my mom's ALZ(her "packing" has involved boxing up random things together, like toothpaste and bug spray, as well as putting her shoes in Ziploc bags for some reason).

It's been pretty humbling to see just how much they struggle with stuff now, but it's also been pretty cool to see a steady stream of neighbors/friends stopping by to offer help and wish them well as they leave town after 42 years. Glad to have them just down the street from us, for my kids' sake and so we can provide the help they'll obviously need going forward.

Sorry for "sad GYERO", but since it's been occupying every square inch of my brain for the past few weeks, that's what's up.

Also, B. Rax sucks.

Lmao Adrian you are a John Deere man now and you obvious walk hard and with a purpose. Do not listen to these light footed Italian idiots with their soft leathers. You need to get you some Justins. Ywia.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
-Wodie.... Reef makes a good sandal/flip flop. Those were my go to in college before Rainbows came on the scene.

- Had the same pair of Rainbows for 5 plus years. Don't wear them much unless at the pool or beach during vacation. Rupp got a hold of one of them last week and tore it some. Oh well. Could be worse. Little son of gun is getting feisty when he doesn't get his way or when he knows it's time to be put up in the bathroom when we're at work. He's much smarter than Keightley in that he can't be tricked into doing what you want him to do.

- Anyone have any recs on where to stay in San Diego? There's a ton of hotels to choose from but I don't know anything about the town. La Jolla area looks fun but some of the hotels look like 60's beach motels. Found the Paradise Point Resort/Spa to be more of a resort type place that the lass likes and doesn't look to be that far from La Jolla or downtown.

- See where Danny Mac's opened up a 2nd location at the Melwood Arts Center. Going to have to try.

^ we are thinking of putting you in charge of us when we're old, if that's okay Anth.

-The new Danny Mac's looks nice, actual sit-down place w/ beer and such. That is one weird dude, but he knows his craft.

I don't trust WS, but you are the most responsible and mature person I know -- so, it makes sense. Not like I can turn to Jerry, Chad, or Ursch. My brother Killa will be "too busy" per usual. C'mon man, this is important.

-Anyone go see Phantom in Louisville? Forgot about it, and now tickets are expensive AF.

I thought it was pretty much a given that all of Pti's saved up pennies would be donated to some ULTRA MARATHON fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT