ADVERTISEMENT

Guys Prayers please!

We've talked on here before about my son David who was a heroin addict...got the call today that he was found and lost his battle with this awful drug. He was 37 yrs old. Despite the drug, he had a heart of gold for everyone...please remember my family. Thank you
Prayers my son passed away last year and we know what you are going through its a long process (for lack of word)

We've talked on here before about my son David who was a heroin addict...got the call today that he was found and lost his battle with this awful drug. He was 37 yrs old. Despite the drug, he had a heart of gold for everyone...please remember my family. Thank you
Sorry Slugger. Prayers for the family and for peace that comes through God's love for you all and the promise of a happy reunion some day with your son.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
slugger, I feel you brother. I lost my youngest son to a morphine OD in 2001 and my daughter to alcohol abuse in 2015. Addiction doesn't give a shit who you are, your skin color, your social status, your education, who your family is, what kind of work you do, it's an equal opportunity destroyer. I wish you peace.

I lost a nephew to heroin addiction two years ago. May have been the most helpless feeling I've ever had. We were fairly close for a good part of his younger life, I echo what others have said, just a terrible disease, addiction. Steve Earle lost his son to it last year and did this recording sometime after, it resonated with me, maybe it will for others.

I am so sorry brother. Prayers for you and your family.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
For what it's worth, I want you to know it's not your fault.

I live a comfortable life now, but didn't always. The pills are one hell of a habit to kick.

And as someone that was there once, you can only help those who want the help... I've seen others like me who were willing to go down the drain, so to speak, because in that mindset, that's all that matters.

I know it must hurt; sorry to hear it.

But know that it wasn't your fault, or anyone else's.

So sorry to hear this.

So very sorry for your loss.
Lost my son 12-10-16 to over dose, he had a new 3 month old baby.
Only 14 months later I found my grandson beside a creek, commited suidice. Never ever heard a cuss word from his mouth. At 20 years old he was mild mannered and soft hearted, total suprise to everyone. Still hard everyday.
Thank you Blue Tick and others ...so very sorry for your loss and as hard as this is l can't imagine your pain. Again thank everone so much. I know a couple of you in "real" life, but I feel close to some of you even though we've never met.

Prayers for your family and a post like this is a punch in the gut of reality. I’m so sorry.

Reactions: JDHoss
HI lost my father in law last week and stopped of to see my daughter in Lexington on the way to take my wife to be with her family. My kid is a Jr at UK and was close to her grandfather. Thought of you Slugger. Much harder situation for you so take care of yourself. Your caring shows. Bless you and Big Blue nation. Keep using the board for support.

Praying for strength and comfort to you and your family in this time of loss.

Almost lost my mom to Hydrocodone addiction due to her arthritis pain. Took over two years of hospitals, therapists and threats to her pill mill doctor to get her clean and sober. Addiction is a bitch.
Outside of abortion, it's destroying our country. Too much glorification of alcohol, drugs as cool. Prayers for you, your mom and the family. It's horrible.

Outside of abortion, it's destroying our country. Too much glorification of alcohol, drugs as cool. Prayers for you, your mom and the family. It's horrible.
My mom is in her 70s and wasn't influenced by societal issues really. She went to her doctor for chronic arthritis pain and the idiot thought painkillers was a great solution. The problem is....the more you take, the less they work over time. So she got into a vicious cycle of taking more and more to the point she had no clue how many she was taking a day. He was giving her pills in bottles the size of small coke cans. Poor thing had no idea she was becoming addicted until it almost killed her. Finally got the DEA involved and he is "Retired" now.

Reactions: The-Hack and JDHoss
My mom is in her 70s and wasn't influenced by societal issues really. She went to her doctor for chronic arthritis pain and the idiot thought painkillers was a great solution. The problem is....the more you take, the less they work over time. So she got into a vicious cycle of taking more and more to the point she had no clue how many she was taking a day. He was giving her pills in bottles the size of small coke cans. Poor thing had no idea she was becoming addicted until it almost killed her. Finally got the DEA involved and he is "Retired" now.
Had a young lady I went to church with that hurt her back and the same thing happen. Had hemmroid surgery a couple years ago and they gave those for me to take. Having had the experience I've had with my son and my niece's son from a dentist , that wasn't happening. Sorry about your mom🙏🏽🙏🏽...he should be retired ...to a jail for 10 years and paying your mom restitution!

Reactions: sambowieshin
So sorry for your loss. Prayers sent!

I'm very sorry for you and your family. I was an addict for 15 years. I'm very fortunate that I got help and won my battle, as most aren't as fortunate.

This is still a huge problem thats been put on thr back burner again. Herion and meth are destroying people and families at a staggering rate. More needs to be done to help.

Slugger I hope time can bring and yours some peace. As many have said, there is nothing you could've done. The addict has to want to get clean or there is no helping them.

I will keep y'all in my prayers

I'm very sorry for you and your family. I was an addict for 15 years. I'm very fortunate that I got help and won my battle, as most aren't as fortunate.

This is still a huge problem thats been put on thr back burner again. Herion and meth are destroying people and families at a staggering rate. More needs to be done to help.

Slugger I hope time can bring and yours some peace. As many have said, there is nothing you could've done. The addict has to want to get clean or there is no helping them.

TY...I guess I will always wonder " what if". Congratulations on your sobriety. Stay strong. Life is good.

Reactions: UK till Death

May I ask what made you decide to go thru the struggle of becoming sober and staying that way..God Bless

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT