ADVERTISEMENT

Guesstimating Our Final Rivals Recruiting Ranking

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
I’m guessing we end up with 20/21 HS signees, and ranked between 30th and 23rd.

If we end up with only 18 or 19 signees, we could fall to about 35th, obviously depending on who the additional 3 or 4 players are.

If everything fell in our favor and if we sign more than 21, hence eliminating two of our lower ranked players from the math, we could hit the Top 20.

So there it is. A bold prediction we will end up between 20th and 35th!!

Obviously, this is independent of our ranking for incoming transfers, which looks headed to a Top 10 finish.

That’s pretty good. Some will come and go through the portal but most will make up the foundation of the team.

Reactions: The-Hack
What? No way in the world that happens.
We are 48th now. We are not jumping 20 spots.
There not six 4 star players silently waiting to join us tomorrow.
Plus, all those schools in front of us will be adding some kids to their list as well.

Doesn’t matter it’s about the portal now - you must win the portal and I think we are
Player development is big with the High School kids and player evaluation

Reactions: Johnfarrel
What? No way in the world that happens.
We are 48th now. We are not jumping 20 spots.
There not six 4 star players silently waiting to join us tomorrow.
Plus, all those schools in front of us will be adding some kids to their list as well.
If we added five players of a quality that matches what we have so far we would jump 26 spots. However that includes jumping 13 teams who currently have fewer than 20 commits and thus could also make significant jumps.

If we sign Karmello English and Jamarion Wilcox we will absolutely jump 20+ spots in the rankings. We currently have 15 commitments and 1300 points meaning we get full points for our next 5. Say we sign the 5 players below and get their point totals.

Wilcox - 143
English - 142
Brown - 105
Newsom - 75
Gadsen - 75

That gives us 1840 overall points (4th best in Stoops era) that would have put us anywhere between 19th and 25th in the last 5 classes. Miss out on English and get Bell will have around 1800 points and still have a chance at a top 25 class, get English and have another 4-star like Bell or Jakeem Jackson sign will gain about 40 points and maybe jump a couple spots. Once we get over 20 anything over a 5.5 3-star will add some points to our score just not the full amount.

Only way we dont have a decent jump is if we miss on Wilcox and English since they are both 5.9 4-star and get extra points for being in the Rivals 250.

Last edited:
  • Love

If we end up with only 18 or 19 signees, we could fall to about 35th, obviously depending on who the additional 3 or 4 players are.

If everything fell in our favor and if we sign more than 21, hence eliminating two of our lower ranked players from the math, we could hit the Top 20.

Obviously, this is independent of our ranking for incoming transfers, which looks headed to a Top 10 finish.
That ranking is worthless because in 2 years one half will transfer

Reactions: tngamecock#

Worrying about ranking is purely for fun and bragging to make fans happy. What is important is the quality. Its the first 60 players on your roster that make and put the stamp on a program. Give me 15 players from both the transfer portal and new signees that rank at 3.4 stars or higher and you have a the makings of an excellent football team! I think you will find that UK ends up with this type of group when it is all said and done!

Go Big Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT