ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

beer-31b8eb53.jpeg

Had this one. Didn't care for it.

Reactions: Free_Salato_Blue
A little off topic but it's beer related so I'll post. One of my favorite giant brewer craft beers is Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA, they opened their east coast brewery about a year ago right outside Asheville, NC. Been there a few times and by far the most impressive brewery I've been to and it's not even close. I'm sure some on here have been but would recommend it to anyone, just an awesome place to visit. New Belgium is getting ready to open one in the same area. If you're a beer enthusiast Asheville has a lot to offer.

A little off topic but it's beer related so I'll post. One of my favorite giant brewer craft beers is Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA, they opened their east coast brewery about a year ago right outside Asheville, NC. Been there a few times and by far the most impressive brewery I've been to and it's not even close. I'm sure some on here have been but would recommend it to anyone, just an awesome place to visit. New Belgium is getting ready to open one in the same area. If you're a beer enthusiast Asheville has a lot to offer.

I just picked up a variety pack of New Belgium and noticed it said Asheville, NC on it also. Not sure if they are producing there yet,
Sierra Nevada also, maybe a reason to a road trip.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Got this since my brother wanted to try the Citradelic.

I found it to be my least favorite in the pack. Not really a tangerine flavor to the brew more of a strong grapefruit bitterness. If you like Fresca you may like it. Maybe I just don;t like fruit in my beer.

On the flip side, the Ranger was refreshing IPA with not so overbearing citrus taste from the hops.
Ranger and the Trippel was my favorites in the pack.
follycitradelic_l.png

Last edited:
Reactions: AustinTXCat
I just picked up a variety pack of New Belgium and noticed it said Asheville, NC on it also. Not sure if they are producing there yet,
Sierra Nevada also, maybe a reason to a road trip.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Got this since my brother wanted to try the Citradelic.

I found it to be my least favorite in the pack. Not really a tangerine flavor to the brew more of a strong grapefruit bitterness. If you like Fresca you may like it. Maybe I just don;t like fruit in my beer.

On the flip side, the Ranger was refreshing IPA with not so overbearing citrus taste from the hops.
Ranger and the Trippel was my favorites in the pack.
follycitradelic_l.png

That have not officially opened to the public yet but they may be brewing and distributing. I'm interested to see their facility, especially since Sierra Nevada set the bar so high and they are so close.

triple_digit-chickow-label-front.jpeg

Incredible. You sons of bitches that live bear there and don't drink this beer, I hope you suffocate on your own farts autoeroticasphixiation wise

Having given up booze for Lent (see other post) I can attest that a man would be a mega millionaire if he could invent a good non alcoholic beer. Have tried four or five different brands and they all taste like horse piss.

Anyone try some the Goodwood Brewing out of L'ville? I keep eyeing a pack this...
175562.jpg

Or anyone have suggestions for a good brown ale?
It's different and I liked it. The walnut is noticeable and it's a little bitter, very little sweetness. I've seen it available as a single in bigger Kroger stores if you want to try it.

Picked up a single of New Belgium with this label.
image_thumb%25255B2%25255D.png
It's pretty nice but the Snapshots I've seen before didn't have "tart" on the label. Is this a different variety? It's really nice, kind of like Ballast Point's Grapefruit Sculpin.

I have now become a total snob about beers. I was given a Sapporo Light on Friday and the guy might as well have told me to go eat out of the garbage. Eff your shitty beers. I find the Bud Lights of the world to be the Nickelback of beers.

I've also been kind of a pansy about trying the new stuff and instead,loooking for stuff I know I like.

I have now become a total snob about beers. I was given a Sapporo Light on Friday and the guy might as well have told me to go eat out of the garbage. Eff your shitty beers. I find the Bud Lights of the world to be the Nickelback of beers.

I've also been kind of a pansy about trying the new stuff and instead,loooking for stuff I know I like.
Totally understand. If you find yourself apprehensive about sampling new beers, then perhaps download apps from Untappd and Beer Advocate. Feedback can help ya make decisions. Craft beer is not cheap.

Cheers!

The grapefruit and pineapple are great because both of those flavors are already present in the hop profile.

I can't imagine watermelon tastes good, because I've never had a good watermelon beer. Mostly because watermelon tastes mostly of water and sugar. Not great for beer imo

The grapefruit and pineapple are great because both of those flavors are already present in the hop profile.

I can't imagine watermelon tastes good, because I've never had a good watermelon beer. Mostly because watermelon tastes mostly of water and sugar. Not great for beer imo

but it has 10%. That's gotta account for something. Plus it gives you one more to add towards new badges of 10% and higher on Untapped.

I've drank 2-3 watermelon beers. Austin Beerworks produced a decent batch a couple summers ago. Hope to find the Ballast Point Watermelon.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Can't buy it by the single?
I was at the Liquor Barn in BG. I didn't see any in the singles. We have a place closer to home that started carrying Ballast Point. I'll check their next time I'm by there. I live in one of the dreaded dry counties. I can't get my bootlegger to buy into the craft beer is big money line yet.:flushed:

I was at the Liquor Barn in BG. I didn't see any in the singles. We have a place closer to home that started carrying Ballast Point. I'll check their next time I'm by there. I live in one of the dreaded dry counties. I can't get my bootlegger to buy into the craft beer is big money line yet.:flushed:

I'd love to see the mark up on that. $65 for a sixer.

Really? Really? Have you ever had a BEER? You know, BEER? Not a grapefruit pineapple watermelon whatever the f**k you drink but a BEER?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT