ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

Came to the 'ville running down some Chevy Cavalier parts off Craigslist. Not doing Keystone today so mixed it up.

Monnik pilsner - minimal processing, lots of flavor.
New Albanian Porter - nice, they didn't get too fancy. Malty but not sweet.
Against the Grain Saladbarity Porter - collaboration with Country Boy and it's great. Not too much "bread" taste. They need to keep this one.
ATG coffee Stout on draft - has some pirate lisp name but it's good. Strong coffee if that's your thing. Partnered with Death something coffee in Chicago so they aren't playing around with it. It's got bite.

Edit: Tried ATG Bloody Show. Blood orange lager. Nice. It's the real deal, citrus but no fake sweetness. It's been a helluva lunch. Rebelfreedomeagle out.
b0b4q_s-200x150.gif

Last edited:
3-daughters-beach-blonde.jpg

3 Daughters Brewing, St. Petersburg, FL
Beach Blonde Ale
Cracked the can open and smelled like citrus, not really any strong flavor to the beer, light hops and malt taste with a slightly tart aftertaste.
For those record 90 degree highs this past week, it was easy to crush a 6 pack on the beach.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
3-daughters-beach-blonde.jpg

3 Daughters Brewing, St. Petersburg, FL
Beach Blonde Ale
Cracked the can open and smelled like citrus, not really any strong flavor to the beer, light hops and malt taste with a slightly tart aftertaste.
For those record 90 degree highs this past week, it was easy to crush a 6 pack on the beach.
[thumb2]

Drank a draft serving at Walhburgers Orlando back in January.

I like gEttinger beer off the shelves but I've been obsessed with going to breweries lately. I'm from just outside cincy and I've about checked off every local brewery. My favoriteson have been tafts ale house, madtree, Woodburn, Braxton and Woodburn. Anyone else have any local favorites? I feel like a nerd but I just like comparing notes with other brewery lovers

I like gEttinger beer off the shelves but I've been obsessed with going to breweries lately. I'm from just outside cincy and I've about checked off every local brewery. My favoriteson have been tafts ale house, madtree, Woodburn, Braxton and Woodburn. Anyone else have any local favorites? I feel like a nerd but I just like comparing notes with other brewery lovers

I have buddy who lives in Ohio that sends me beer from Cincy Brewery. Chicory beer. Best beer that I've ever drank

I also try to hit up breweries when practical. Plan on checking out two in the Omaha area this coming weekend while visiting my aunt and cousin.

Reactions: BleedinBlue85
All my vacations have a few brewery visits in them. If there's a brewery within reason I'm going. My favorite hands down is 3 Floyds. Best brewery food I've had as well.

All of this talk about 3 Floyd's has made very curious. Yep I'm going to have to check this place out. What is the best brews there besides zombie dust and what do I eat?

All of this talk about 3 Floyd's has made very curious. Yep I'm going to have to check this place out. What is the best brews there besides zombie dust and what do I eat?
The last time I was there I just got the house meat plate and the mac and cheese. As far as their beer...it's all in your taste. I prefer hoppier beer like the Alpha King. My top 3 would be Zombie Dust, Alpha King and Gumballhead. In that order. But they have more styles to accommodate most everyone. Except maybe the light/ultra drinkers.
And just son you're not surprised when you get to the pub...you better like loud heavy metal. Because that's all they play in there. With an emphasis on loud and heavy.

Just got back from Mt. Carmel brewery. I was tracking down a rare peanut butter and jam brew that I was hearing about. Definitely worth the wait. Crazy beer. I've never had anything like it. It tasted like a pb and jam sandwich. Not too heavy but both elements were there. Just a fun beer. Cool place overall especially in nice weather

Just got back from Mt. Carmel brewery. I was tracking down a rare peanut butter and jam brew that I was hearing about. Definitely worth the wait. Crazy beer. I've never had anything like it. It tasted like a pb and jam sandwich. Not too heavy but both elements were there. Just a fun beer. Cool place overall especially in nice weather

Man, that shit sounds good. I had a peanut butter something at beer fest last month. But my only problem was that it had low ABV. I want that at 11%

I actually like low abv for most beers. I'm a high volume drinker so I want to be able to pound down as many as I can. 11% is pretty damn stout. Wonder what the highest that you guys have seen. I think 13% was the highest for me.

I actually like low abv for most beers. I'm a high volume drinker so I want to be able to pound down as many as I can. 11% is pretty damn stout. Wonder what the highest that you guys have seen. I think 13% was the highest for me.

Had dogfish 120 at 18%. Avery Metastoples at 17%. Dogfish higher math at 18%.

I wanna get a bottle of Save the Bizmark in Europe. It's like 50% or 60% abv

Apparently tastes like beer

Any sour lovers out There? If so you have to try Urban Artifact brewery. They have about 13 different brews of which are almost all sours. Sours aren't really my thing but damn they have a wide variety. The strawberries and cream sour was a thing of beauty and just so balanced. It's a different place. They put the brewery in a old church basement. Has kind of a dungeon feel. It's super busy and not for everyone but if you want to try something different I highly recommend

Ha ha ha! Brewdog i think makes it

I like sours because Transycat on here. Really like the bite they give ya

I tried dogfish head in the early days and hated it. They seemed like they were one of the true craft beer ipa pioneers for I remember people loved it. Well I enjoy Ipa's now. Funny how my palette has evolved. I guess I need to give dogfish another shot. Probably going to be much more enjoyable the second time around

Dogfish does make some pretty good stuff. My regular drinking beer is their 9% dipa 90 minute.

Got a bottle of Dogfish World Wide Stout saved at 17%. It's good. I really really really lived off DIPAs, but now have evolved to imperial stouts. Which leaves your turds blacker than night the next day. Iron in imperial stouts will leave you terrified of suspected colon cancer

Bleedinblue- oh. That dogfish 120 is a triple Ipa i belive. Founder's makes a killer triple ipa callled Devil Dancer at 13%. It's awesome

I will definitely give those a shot. I love founders. They are a top 5 favorite brewery of mine. I believe in everything they make. I need to be apart of the founders club. Supposedly you can get some rare brews.

Just had founder's frootwood. Cherry bourbon barrel. After that i had their breakfast stout. Then went ro Total Wine and picked up a bottle of founder's sumatra (never seen that one)

I had the fruit wood. It was OK. Something about beer in bourbon barrels that is too overpowering to me. It's definitely an acquired taste. I have a buddy that LOVES that stuff.

I myself like porters, reds, stouts, and ipa's the most. I also like smoked beers and anything with blood orange or coffee

Man, I'm not big on bourban barrel beers myself. I agree with on that. And same here. Got a buddy who loves that kind

I myself like porters, reds, stouts, and ipa's the most. I also like smoked beers and anything with blood orange or coffee

You nailed it. Funky Buddha here in florida makes a great blood orange ipa. But yeah. You nailed it

Bottle it.

Had it on draft too

I think New Belguim has some dipa blood orange too

New belguim is also owned by budweiser.

I love funky buddha. They hide a penis on their beer labels

ADVERTISEMENT