ADVERTISEMENT

Graf said Somto Cyril looking to take a visit to UK

So this is a 2024 kid ?
never forget baseball GIF

I’m going to be honest I think this guy is the starting center if he commits. Very elite defensively and he can actually run the floor really well. Kentucky has lacked defensive at the five spot for a couple of seasons moe and this would be a huge upgrade defensively. They call him Baby Shaq for a reason….

Just so I’m not getting my hopes up for nothing…he is coming to visit knowing full well he is being asked to reclass? It seems like it’s almost a done deal yea?

Rest of college basketball going after portal guys and experience
Cal give me 9 true freshman and my Veteran players be two guys who barley played if reeves doesn’t come back
Somto and burks would be good additions though

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Somto Cyril goes by the nickname “Baby Shaq” because of his size, frame and outgoing personality. Oh yeah, he’s also known for shattering a few backboards like Shaquille O'Neal. Originally from Nigeria, Cyril arrived in the United States in 2021, and he immediately felt at home in America. “It’s pretty cool,” Cyril told On3’s Joe Tipton. “It’s almost the same as Nigeria. The difference is just the food. I think we (Nigeria) have the best food in the world. Once you try it, you’re going to love it.”

Cyril played his sophomore season at Hamilton Heights Christian Academy in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and he also made a name for himself playing EAB Tennessee on the Adidas 3SSB circuit. Cyril decided to play in the Overtime Elite League for the 2022-2023 season, forgoing a scholarship in order to maintain his college eligibility. “When I first started playing, I didn’t know how to put the ball in the basket,” Cyril told On3. “My coach told me, ‘even if you can’t score, you can still stop the other team from scoring.’ So that’s the mindset I have. I block shots and get rebounds for my teammates. I don’t have to score. I just want to win the game.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT