ADVERTISEMENT

hindsight is 20/20 on Somto Cyril

dynastydreamuk

Sophomore
Nov 18, 2010
Looking at things now, If Somto Cyril would have reclassified and been available on this team, I think he would be better than all of our bigs at rebounding, defense, and just garbage points physicality in the paint. I know he is just a 4 star, but I don't know how he is just a 4 star from the games i've seen and Aaron Bradshaw should have been a 4 star from what I have seen.

Reactions: chroix and catben
Of the words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: it might have been.

UK will never know. If you drive Calipari away, Cyril probably go elsewhere.

Next season will be The Year of the Ten Transfers.

some fans never learn. these same things were all said about the same guys on the team that everyone criticizes now. continue on overrating high school kids based on highlight tapes and stars beside their names. it's hilarious how this cycle just repeats itself every year.

I’m willing to take that gamble. I’d rather take a step into the unknown than continue down a path hoping our coach somehow turns the clock back 10 years.

The one and done 7-2 guy is on campus right now. Maybe Ugo can help get him. They are from the same place. The dude is so good he is only playing one year in college. Sounds like a four because he is so skilled all over the floor.

It's not the players. As soon as people realize that, the better.
---
The players sure as hell have some responsibility. Playing defense isn't an option, that's what you do as a player when the other team has the ball.

some fans never learn. these same things were all said about the same guys on the team that everyone criticizes now. continue on overrating high school kids based on highlight tapes and stars beside their names. it's hilarious how this cycle just repeats itself every year.
I would usually agree, but if you have seen Somto you would understand he looks like a grown a33 man and no way would be pushed around like bradshaw...my point was simply he would have to give us more than Bradshaw. And Somto can actually jump... Bradshaw doesn't even look athletic to me most the time. Big Z was the big we needed but is so far behind on defense in game due to being held out and not able to play, I don't think he can catch up in time nor do I believe Cal will play Z the minutes he should...Bradshaw and ugo will still be out there 15 min a game each adding little... I say run with just tre as the 5 like the season started

Prefer the devil you know to the one you don't.

UK fans will have driven out 2 coaches who won the National Championship. The job is a plum, yeah?
one title doesn’t buy you a lifetime of goodwill. Football coaches have been fired a few seasons after winning it all. A pretty steady decline from the devil we know

Reactions: ck-2
I'm not inclined to keep Cal, just to see if these lesser recruits turn out to be great. Guys like Richmond, Somto and Fland might be better.. or they might be worse.

Reactions: WeWant9
one title doesn’t buy you a lifetime of goodwill. Football coaches have been fired a few seasons after winning it all. A pretty steady decline from the devil we know

The new guy comes to the team late in the recruiting cycle. Expect all of the recruits to go elsewhere. Expect most existing players to hit the portal. The budget won't permit a big contract so you're not a name guy and you might get less than some of your kids on NIL.

You know that the last 3 head coaches were run out. 2 out of 3 had won the NC. You suspect that fans have become addicted to throwing conniption fits. Like Janine in Ghostbuster said, "I've quit better jobs than this."

Fans with a bull horn: We've peed in the pool. Now swim laps.

The new guy comes to the team late in the recruiting cycle. Expect all of the recruits to go elsewhere. Expect most existing players to hit the portal. The budget won't permit a big contract so you're not a name guy and you might get less than some of your kids on NIL.

You know that the last 3 head coaches were run out. 2 out of 3 had won the NC. You suspect that fans have become addicted to throwing conniption fits. Like Janine in Ghostbuster said, "I've quit better jobs than this."

So your response would be to just keep on keeping on? Results be damned?

It’s not like Cal just won a title. UK is now going on 12 years since the last NCAA title, 9 years since the last FF and one seed, 6 years since the last SECT title, and 4 years since last SEC regular season title.

But we got another crop of 5*s lined up next year, better not change anything.

Reactions: mailman85
If Cal can't win with this bunch who cares what players we lose if he leaves it doesn't matter. If Reed stays in college he's not going anywhere Bo matter cosch , Burks is back, z would return if he believes he starts and doesn't grade 1st rd, Burks going nowhere. As far as recruits it depends who replaces Cal and if Cal is coaching elsewhere.

If Cal can't win with this bunch who cares what players we lose if he leaves it doesn't matter. If Reed stays in college he's not going anywhere Bo matter cosch , Burks is back, z would return if he believes he starts and doesn't grade 1st rd, Burks going nowhere. As far as recruits it depends who replaces Cal and if Cal is coaching elsewhere.
Just can't do it this way. Even if Cal got the 5 best players in high school they would just be too young and would lose a bunch of games. I kid around with people sometimes telling them if we had a pro team we would probably lose some games. The only way to get serious about another championship is if you can't keep half the team at least 2 or 3 years you better hit the portal hard for the top players every year. A couple of them is not enough in this system.

Reactions: jof2 and L.O.D.

I'd be fine with Kenny Payne first year results from whoever as long as Califraud isn't here..

I'd be fine with Kenny Payne first year results from whoever as long as Califraud isn't here..
The fans around here are just going to reload their stun guns.

3 coaches in a row. 2 with NCs on their resumes. We're kinda the definition of a toxic work environment.

I'm ready to start fresh with a new coach with a different vision. We'll lose players if this is Cals last season. So be it.

Reactions: mailman85 and G-PIP
I'm ready to start fresh with a new coach with a different vision. We'll lose players if this is Cals last season. So be it.
I expect UK would lose players if Calipari left/forced out, but the ones I'm most concerned about are the ones currently on the roster.

We have a new roster every year anyway lol

The fans around here are just going to reload their stun guns.

3 coaches in a row. 2 with NCs on their resumes. We're kinda the definition of a toxic work environment.
Someone posted Cal's stats and you ignored them to keep posting your nonsense. The question is why? Do you enjoy mediocrity?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT