ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Great course, i like the tournament, im just unsure about the format. Im not sure what you do at the end of the season for the playoffs. They have yet to really figure out a perfect way to do it. Anyone have suggestions?

Great course, i like the tournament, im just unsure about the format. Im not sure what you do at the end of the season for the playoffs. They have yet to really figure out a perfect way to do it. Anyone have suggestions?

The obsession with having a playoff went too far when it included golf. There isn't a perfect (or even good) way to do it because it just doesn't work in golf... not the least because the purpose of the playoff in golf is merely to distribute money and not to determine any sort of champion.

The #1 player in the world and the one leading the "playoffs" by an obscene amount called the whole thing silly. He's right.

As if anyone needed another reason to hate Keegan Bradley, his aim point shenanigans on putts inside 4 feet really seal it.
I don’t hate Keegan but aim point and whatever they call walking in your line with your feet and saying u feel a break is total horse shit. Watch Max Homa. Looks like a two year old with a load in his pants. And still misses the putts. Line it up from behind the hole and hit it for Christ sake. You are pros and you don’t need all of that other shit. You are making it way harder for every day players to play a round in under half a day. People watch you take 15 minutes on every green.

The only thing dumber than the way these guys line up their putts is giving the number one guy a minus 10 score to start the tour championship. Everyone should start even like a regular tournament. PGA Tour has really shit the bed in the way they changed the fed ex cup process.

Well then he should also not lose the Fed EX because a guy gets hot and wins 1 tournament. If it was just points based, he would have been so far ahead, this would have been over already and no need to play the final tournament, other than competing for the purse because nobody would catch him. Same as in NASCAR under old rules, drivers would have a huge point lead and the final race was useless other than competing for THAT race, title was already decided in most years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT