ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Contract or no contract, pro's are gonna hit the best driver for their game....there isn't a "best driver" to fit all. Scottie and Rory both use the TM Qi10, for example, and they are probably the two best off the tee in the world for distance/accuracy combined. You will also see at times a pro who has a contract w/ a company for logo only, and they will have a Titleist headcover on another brand's driver.

Here is the driver used for each winner so far this year....

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-every-winning-driver-2024-season
Your opinion notwithstanding, I'll take Lee Westwood's word for it. No offense. The guy has played on two tours and has been number 1 in the world.

Well went to golf galaxy for a driver fitting.
Most of the time was spent trying to fix my launch angle and spin rate.
Thought we would simply see how far I hit my current driver, and then find something that hits it 20 yards farther. Seems like there are no new drivers that can hit the ball 5 yards farther than my 3 year old ping 410.

But thanks for letting me know I hit a high driver.
FFS

Well went to golf galaxy for a driver fitting.
Most of the time was spent trying to fix my launch angle and spin rate.
Thought we would simply see how far I hit my current driver, and then find something that hits it 20 yards farther. Seems like there are no new drivers that can hit the ball 5 yards farther than my 3 year old ping 410.

But thanks for letting me know I hit a high driver.
FFS
685551ce79de96e89bb03be2e4c9dfcdd245588d900da6fddafb4ee74cf10ae1_1.jpg

I watch the PGA pretty much every week but I've never even been aware when an LIV tournament is going on, much less watch it.
I knew LIV must happen somewhere as the guys get paid. But where? BTFOOM.

I expect to die happily never having attended a golf tournament.

My oldest son lives in Nashville (Franklin). He's Reg. Mgr for a company that had a VIP area on the 15th at the LIV tournament today. He had about 100 tickets he was giving away to customers and offered me a couple if I could make it. Couldn't.

Will be interesting to talk with him this week on how the tournament was. I normally don't watch LIV...some of the things they do are kind of hokey, the TV (CW) broadcast is horrible (IMO), etc. But it was nice to see some of the golfers who aren't on the PGA anymore.

This man hates his life

Didn't look like many of those "48,000 fans" were around Jon Rahm. LIV obviously has a handful of great players, though Dechambeau has single handedly carried that tour on his back last two majors. Did any other LIV player do squat at PGA or Open? Even Koepka has been quiet this year in the majors. Will be interesting to see if that trend continues at Open.

Amazing how the guys who were winning before Scheffler have fallen off.

Spieth can break through imo at anytime but zero consistency like he had. He may get a W somewhere but he wont keep it up.
Thomas fell off bad and now has come back a bit but not to a top level.
MciLroy without a major in 10 years.
Fowler showed some promise but is nada.
Cantlay cant break through.
Hovland looked to be coming on but something changed in last year.
Morikawa has fallen back a touch.
Zalatoris shows promise but his back is an issue.
Cam Young is a great talent he cant even win an event.
Homa good but is he a couple majors good? No.
Rahm left, Brooks left, Bryson left
Burns, Berger????

Spieth can break through imo at anytime but zero consistency like he had. He may get a W somewhere but he wont keep it up.
Burns, Berger????

Rory has 8 wins last 3 years, inc. Wells twice, Tour Champ, Canadian, Scottish. No majors, but he hasn't fallen off. 8 out of his last 11 majors have been T8 of better.

Reactions: Tskware
Rory has 8 wins last 3 years, inc. Wells twice, Tour Champ, Canadian, Scottish. No majors, but he hasn't fallen off. 8 out of his last 11 majors have been T8 of better.
It goes to an overall point. Scottie has doubled him up in wins since 2022 including 2 Masters, 2 Players, 2 Bay Hill wins and a Memorial. Meanwhile Rory is winning a team even at the Zurich for one of his 6. He's not up to the challenge and my main point is guys have fallen back leaving it wide open for Scheffler. Something none of us saw 3 to 4 years ago.

It goes to an overall point. Scottie has doubled him up in wins since 2022 including 2 Masters, 2 Players, 2 Bay Hill wins and a Memorial. Meanwhile Rory is winning a team even at the Zurich for one of his 6. He's not up to the challenge and my main point is guys have fallen back leaving it wide open for Scheffler. Something none of us saw 3 to 4 years ago.

Finishing T8 or better in 8 of the last 11 majors is definitely up to the challenge.

Every time he's truly been in contention he's choked. Some of those T8s were Sunday 64s when he finished his round before the leaders even teed off

Reactions: cawoodsct
Agree that it would be better for all concerned if the tours could get back together. Some (not all) of the LIV guys have struggled since leaving PGA, e.g., Dustin Johnson, Rahm having a really bad year so far, and then Bubba Watson and Mickelson are now talking retirement. Overall, I would be happy if some sort of compromise could be reached.

Reactions: Catman100

Burns, Berger????
I agree that something just seems off with some of these guys. In a time when the competition is watered down and they should be dominating like Scottie has they just haven't. That includes JT, Spieth, McIlroy, Schauffle and Morikawa.

Reactions: cawoodsct
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT