ADVERTISEMENT

Global Climate Changes

Speaking of censorship, I’d love to ban the word “crisis” from the liberal vocabulary. You guys have absolutely no clue what that means and use it for just about everything to justify your behavior. There are such things as problems and issues that don’t qualify is a “crisis”. I know that’s hard to believe.

Let me state it a little differently. It's the RATE of acceleration in temp changes that are the problem. Temp changes historically occur very gradually over time, when that happens civilization adjusts normally, but the rapid rate of acceleration we are seeing now is going to result in dramatic changes including rising oceans, melting of the polar icecap (which will add more fuel to the fire) draught, floods, mass migration etc. The rapid acceleration didn't occur over 2000 years it occurred only in the last 100.
That’s totally made up BS. Sure, there are some predictable cycles like how the earth tilts in its axis. There are also all kinds of things that can affect temperature in shorter periods. The earth isn’t always on a convenient time table. The warming we see first of all still hasn’t gone up much at all. Second, the data for temperature has been changed. That’s a fact. And some reports the medieval warming Period has actually been removed. You must first trust all the data then trust the computer models using that data is correct as well. All the doomsday predictions you made were already predicted to have already happened by now. All they do is move the goalposts and predict it all over again. Your fear mongering has nothing to back any of it up. Nothing!

I’m all for clean energy and cleaning things up in general. We recycle, drive electric cars, have solar panels etc. That said, you climate alarmists are absolute loons. Literally everything is a crisis with you people and must be dealt with RIGHT NOW!!!.

Forget doing things in a pragmatic way that benefits everyone and yields actual results. You clowns rush to decisions and never admit when all of your decisions fail miserably. Just on to the next dumb idea.

More facts and logic, FAR LESS EMOTION!!! It’s better for everyone.
A great post... but it will fall on deaf ears.

Libs lack the cognitive ability to understand that, until "green" energy sources are both plentiful and cheap, its simply a NON STARTER.

Sure, continue to develop "green" energy... but forcing it on us... or rushing it to the market before its ready... simply isn't going to be acceptable.

BTW libs, what's Solyndra's stock price today?

You remember, "Obama the Genius" baby (Solyndra received a $535 million U.S. Department of Energy loan guarantee, the first recipient of a loan guarantee under President Barack Obama's economic stimulus program, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009).

Correct... it is a trick question... there is no stock price (or symbol)... THEY'RE BANKRUPT.

Liberals... lol.

Wow! Another hydrogen plant to be built in the US and A. Lots of high paying jobs and tax revenue. Not to mention clean energy that can replace diesel
Even these tree huggers don’t care for hydrogen. It’s not a miracle dude.
It’s also not going to replace all the jobs lost from shutting down fossil fuels.

Last edited:
Eliminating nuclear was a huge mistake and is a huge mistake everywhere it's done. But "going green" isn't causing this. Their increases in renewables have offset the losses of nuclear. They were simultaneously shifting away from coal toward gas, and are having to reverse that shift. But had they maintained their level of nuclear power while adding the renewables, they'd have less need for fossil fuels of any kind, coal or gas. Nuclear should have been preserved until we've phased out fossil fuels, and THEN we can move away from nuclear.
Going green is expensive and not nearly efficient enough to run an industrialized country. It’s drives the cost of energy higher and is unreliable. If it worked as advertised we would be seeing a flawless transition. That’s not happening. It’s also not as green as they try to sell you. The carbon footprint to produce is staggering and the recycling aspect is a nightmare. They are trying to sell us on an idea of turning away from an extremely efficient and cheap energy source for a pipe dream.

For the sake of argument let's just say that the climate change cultists are right and the Earth is in fact warming. Take the cause out of the equation, doesn't really matter. For this exercise just start from the notion that Earth's average temp is in fact warming up and it's going to make life harder.
OK, down through history many things have made life on Earth harder. For the dinosaurs it was a meteor impact. Not just harder but, a extinction level event.
For humans I think we could say the last Ice Age that began approx 10K years ago made life a challenge.
There have been plagues, droughts, volcanic winters and more down through human history that have made life harder. Heck, we're living through a pandemic right now.

My point is this...if you believe that the Earth's climate is changing, what do you expect the outcome will be? Do you think every person on the planet will just boil away and evaporate one day? Do you think the oceans are gonna rise and flood half of every land mass on the planet? That'd be bad news for the Obama's BTW, they just bought a house on Martha's Vineyard.
No, what will happen if the Earth warms will be the same thing that has happened for thousands of years...humans and life in general will adapt. Adaptation is something humans do better than just about every species currently on the planet except perhaps the lowly virus.

I'd be FAR more receptive to someone's argument about climate change if politics, social engineering and the almighty dollar were removed from the whole climate science world. But, that is about as unlikely as Al Gore riding a bike to give a speech for free.

Why don’t you ever read of any positive aspects of a warming planet. We know humanity has prospered during the warming periods and greatly struggle during cooling periods. No different than when the ice melted from much of North America. That wasn’t a bad thing. It was a huge change but not bad.

Why don’t you ever read of any positive aspects of a warming planet. We know humanity has prospered during the warming periods and greatly struggle during cooling periods. No different than when the ice melted from much of North America. That wasn’t a bad thing. It was a huge change but not bad.

Similar rate of change and temps from 1200 to 1270, long before the industrial revolution.

20th century warming not unprecedented

warmperiodsi.jpg
Yea but Song dynasty didn't have climate models.

• Haha
Reactions: UKGrad83
History shows that humanity flourishes during warming climates and suffers during cooling climates. Really isn't even debatable. We are a warm weather mammal.

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Lost in all this is the coming famine from these green agendas around the world. I wonder how much starving people will care about the environment because history shows that the environment suffers more during hard economic times. Ecology and environmentalism is a luxury of wealthy nations.

Just think how much better off the planet will be once we all starve to death? It's green 4d chess

Reactions: UKfan34 and hmt5000
For the sake of argument let's just say that the climate change cultists are right and the Earth is in fact warming. Take the cause out of the equation, doesn't really matter. For this exercise just start from the notion that Earth's average temp is in fact warming up and it's going to make life harder.
OK, down through history many things have made life on Earth harder. For the dinosaurs it was a meteor impact. Not just harder but, a extinction level event.
For humans I think we could say the last Ice Age that began approx 10K years ago made life a challenge.
There have been plagues, droughts, volcanic winters and more down through human history that have made life harder. Heck, we're living through a pandemic right now.

My point is this...if you believe that the Earth's climate is changing, what do you expect the outcome will be? Do you think every person on the planet will just boil away and evaporate one day? Do you think the oceans are gonna rise and flood half of every land mass on the planet? That'd be bad news for the Obama's BTW, they just bought a house on Martha's Vineyard.
No, what will happen if the Earth warms will be the same thing that has happened for thousands of years...humans and life in general will adapt. Adaptation is something humans do better than just about every species currently on the planet except perhaps the lowly virus.

I'd be FAR more receptive to someone's argument about climate change if politics, social engineering and the almighty dollar were removed from the whole climate science world. But, that is about as unlikely as Al Gore riding a bike to give a speech for free.
Climate has been changing for 100,000 years. No one caused the ice age, climate change did. The enviro freaks have switched from global warming to climate change. It can be proven from the Greenland ice core project that this planet has been global warming and global cooling for 100,000 years. Some times it changes in a few years and at times 1000 s of years. However in most cases humans were not the cause. No one will say that the Industrial Age hasn’t created a warming effect but to try and blame all climate change on humans is just a lie.

Climate has been changing for 100,000 years. No one caused the ice age, climate change did. The enviro freaks have switched from global warming to climate change. It can be proven from the Greenland ice core project that this planet has been global warming and global cooling for 100,000 years. Some times it changes in a few years and at times 1000 s of years. However in most cases humans were not the cause. No one will say that the Industrial Age hasn’t created a warming effect but to try and blame all climate change on humans is just a lie.
Cool story.

Let me guess: you've "read the whole studies"? You're quite the renaissance man
No. I am relying upon an Obama-appointed expert who has, as noted in the podcast I posted earlier in this thread. If he is lying, I hope your wrath is dropped on his head.

for the lost homes and at least 37 dead is growing.

“It may be too early to tell, but I’ve received a couple phone calls already,” said Ned Pillersdorf, a Kentucky lawyer in Prestonburg who has successfully sued coal companies for flood damage in the past. “No one is denying the amount of rain we had — it truly was a 1,000 year event — but did the strip mines contribute? Absolutely.”

Kentucky, particularly the eastern mountains, are littered with abandoned coal mines. Many are a result of strip mining or mountaintop removal mining, the latter a method in which mining companies use explosives to blast off a mountain’s summit to get to the coal inside.

1,000 year flood event. Oh, but a zillion years ago, my favorite dinosaur was………

Reactions: UKfan34

for the lost homes and at least 37 dead is growing.

“It may be too early to tell, but I’ve received a couple phone calls already,” said Ned Pillersdorf, a Kentucky lawyer in Prestonburg who has successfully sued coal companies for flood damage in the past. “No one is denying the amount of rain we had — it truly was a 1,000 year event — but did the strip mines contribute? Absolutely.”

Kentucky, particularly the eastern mountains, are littered with abandoned coal mines. Many are a result of strip mining or mountaintop removal mining, the latter a method in which mining companies use explosives to blast off a mountain’s summit to get to the coal inside.

1,000 year flood event. Oh, but a zillion years ago, my favorite dinosaur was………

Where I am today it’s 82 degrees and beautiful. Right on the recorded average. So see? No climate change!

Since we are blaming every single event on climate change and all…

Thanks.

A lot of thoughts/questions about this. But two initial takeaways.

About 25 years ago, I was thinking about the me-centered nature of mankind and theorized, certainly not uniquely, that we, at some point, had a decision to make. We could improve our existence externally (material goods to conceivably make life better) or we could seek to improve life by focusing on the internal (as an agnostic/atheist, this had some unknown context based on a belief that we had not maxed our potential, but also was the desire to improve ourselves, including what we think makes us happy). I concluded that at that fork, we essentially have chosen the former. Better life by way of external improvements. And, we have innovatively accomplished that to an incredible extent over the las century and more; however, I doubt we have improved our existence. We have a great deal of depression, anger, conflict, and, somehow, not enough time. The percentage of people who feel lost or without purpose today is, I suspect, as much or greater than 200 years ago.

Second, I watched a recently produced video just yesterday about climate change and personal consumption. It was about the uber wealthy and how they consume energy and create CO2 in exponentially greater ways than the average person. The first suggestion to fix “them” was to tax them and redistribute their wealth so that they were forced to consume less and/or motivated to do so from selfish cost perspectives. My wife’s immediate response was to say a redistribution of that wealth probably means the average consumption goes up, even if the mega-Rich’s consumption goes down. Net result for the environment? Not much. The motivation seemed to maximize climate change for socio-economic change.

Bottomline, we live me-centric lives. Which is only fine if there is no overarching meaning to existence that is not subjective, but is objective. If not, then why should the me today care about the tomorrow? If we lose energy or climate change results in the end of humanity, how is that a net gain or net loss to the planet, let alone the universe? This thread is about people viewing climate change as bad. But, is it really?

Actually, Earth's climate has change hundreds if not thousands of times over it's 4.2 billion year history. Humans have inhabited the planet for a micro-second of that time frame. The idea that humans could wreck such a vast, complex and powerful system is the height of hubris.

Reactions: sefus12
These "climate change" Nazi's, are, by and large, the exact same people that cant state the correct number of genders in the human race.

That's all I need to know lol...
You are on to something. They can predict, so they claim scientifically, that we are going to melt and vaporize or rising water is going to drown us all if I use 92 grade gasoline in my truck. Why the earth is going to heat up .0000002 of a degree in 1, 000 years. But ask the same people to define a woman or ask them if a man can have a baby. They will answer they can't define a woman but they can tell you for certain men can have a baby.

And we are encourage to turn over our future as a human race to these folks. I think I will go fishing

We made it up to 90 degrees today which is two degrees hotter than yesterday and four degrees cooler than in 1921. It has a 40% chance of rain as it has forever and the sun will shine like it has forever.

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Posters here may sincerely believe that climate change can be controlled by politics and raising taxes, but when you look at the lifestyles of the people who benefit from your belief, you know they DON’T believe it. They just want you to believe, so they can benefit.

Posters here may sincerely believe that climate change can be controlled by politics and raising taxes, but when you look at the lifestyles of the people who benefit from your belief, you know they DON’T believe it. They just want you to believe, so they can benefit.

tsssk! Leave Taylor Swift’s and John Kerry’s airplane alone!!!!!

Reactions: sefus12
Actually, Earth's climate has change hundreds if not thousands of times over it's 4.2 billion year history. Humans have inhabited the planet for a micro-second of that time frame. The idea that humans could wreck such a vast, complex and powerful system is the height of hubris.
Few things wrong here.

1) Earth’s climate changing many times “naturally” actually reinforces the reality that changes in environmental factors affects climate.

2) Human impact on environment is not small and stating that is not hubris. Look at pictures of earth from space and how much of the planet has light at night. How many other organisms have this impact? How many other organisms cause smog in LA or leave islands of plastic in the Pacific? Or cause mass extinction due to elimination of biomes?

3) Regardless of any event being attributed or not attributed to climate change, no one can deny humans are causing changes to the environment and usually doing so negatively.

4) Given the mass impact of humans on the planet, impact on environment is and should be a real concern. If we detach from political positions and cliche arguments, impossible to deny this.

Few things wrong here.

1) Earth’s climate changing many times “naturally” actually reinforces the reality that changes in environmental factors affects climate.

2) Human impact on environment is not small and stating that is not hubris. Look at pictures of earth from space and how much of the planet has light at night. How many other organisms have this impact? How many other organisms cause smog in LA or leave islands of plastic in the Pacific? Or cause mass extinction due to elimination of biomes?

3) Regardless of any event being attributed or not attributed to climate change, no one can deny humans are causing changes to the environment and usually doing so negatively.

4) Given the mass impact of humans on the planet, impact on environment is and should be a real concern. If we detach from political positions and cliche arguments, impossible to deny this.

(1) if “environmental” includes all factors, then of course. If it just refers to atmospheric issues, then no. There are more factors that impact climate.

(2) There are a lot of humans and we have impacted our environment (see your living space as an example). Community lights at night can be seen from the sky.

(3) My gut agrees without much assessment, but I am not sure the relevance to this thread.

(4) Again, is this related to the claim that humans are causing climate change and humans can undo that impact?

(1) if “environmental” includes all factors, then of course. If it just refers to atmospheric issues, then no. There are more factors that impact climate.

(2) There are a lot of humans and we have impacted our environment (see your living space as an example). Community lights at night can be seen from the sky.

(3) My gut agrees without much assessment, but I am not sure the relevance to this thread.

(4) Again, is this related to the claim that humans are causing climate change and humans can undo that impact?

Okay, so you seem to acknowledge that humans have had drastic impact on environment and have proven ability to alter entire ecosystems both purposefully and unintentionally. You acknowledge humans do cause smog, that humans are expanding, that human pollution is causing adverse affects… but it’s a jump for you to consider that humans could impact climate?

That seems more like politics speaking than reason. Ignoring solutions, legislation or any other paradigms, it’s very easy to see how humans could adversely impact everything from climate to biodiversity

Okay, so you seem to acknowledge that humans have had drastic impact on environment and have proven ability to alter entire ecosystems both purposefully and unintentionally. You acknowledge humans do cause smog, that humans are expanding, that human pollution is causing adverse affects… but it’s a jump for you to consider that humans could impact climate?

That seems more like politics speaking than reason. Ignoring solutions, legislation or any other paradigms, it’s very easy to see how humans could adversely impact everything from climate to biodiversity
Not attempting to offend you, but that is not science. Just to give a well known example. People noticed an increased stork population in Scandinavia was correlated to an increased human baby population. That does not mean there is a positive correlation between the two. I could show all the ways politicians have lied and then take a quote from a politician and conclude he/she must also be lying. That is not convincing.

And, then the bigger leap you make is saying I am ignoring “solutions.” I mean, seriously, that has to make you laugh a little. Right?

I believe the slow temperature rise is not as scary as others make it out to be. I don’t believe the people in government touting government solutions believe it either. I suspect that humans are having an impact, but I doubt seriously it is a 1:1 ratio, or close. I think the plan to hurt a lot of people to allegedly help a lot of people is bunk. Without a doubt in my mind, wealth redistribution based upon global warming is a socialist ruse.

Not attempting to offend you, but that is not science. Just to give a well known example. People noticed an increased stork population in Scandinavia was correlated to an increased human baby population. That does not mean there is a positive correlation between the two. I could show all the ways politicians have lied and then take a quote from a politician and conclude he/she must also be lying. That is not convincing.

And, then the bigger leap you make is saying I am ignoring “solutions.” I mean, seriously, that has to make you laugh a little. Right?

I believe the slow temperature rise is not as scary as others make it out to be. I don’t believe the people in government touting government solutions believe it either. I suspect that humans are having an impact, but I doubt seriously it is a 1:1 ratio, or close. I think the plan to hurt a lot of people to allegedly help a lot of people is bunk. Without a doubt in my mind, wealth redistribution based upon global warming is a socialist ruse.

Yikes.

Storks really aren't relevant here. Of course, you can find cases where humans restore ecosystems or positively impact an environment, but we are getting into minutia at that point. No one is talking about emotions or what is scary. No one is talking about redistribution of wealth. I am not even talking politics.

I think most people agree that human impact on environment, whether climate or any other type of negative impact, is a legitimate concern. It'd take quite a bit of effort to convince yourself otherwise given human population growth and the rate of industrialization / energy consumption. However, in the finely tuned political programming of 2022, many do not acknowledge adverse impact to environment because they assume that acknowledgement means they support "the libs" or whatever group they associate that with not because it's actually true.

It's also quite frankly easier to live life thinking humans aren't jeopardizing their own future. Most people will never be impacted by it and can do little to change it. So, what's the point?

Yikes.

Storks really aren't relevant here. Of course, you can find cases where humans restore ecosystems or positively impact an environment, but we are getting into minutia at that point. No one is talking about emotions or what is scary. No one is talking about redistribution of wealth. I am not even talking politics.

I think most people agree that human impact on environment, whether climate or any other type of negative impact, is a legitimate concern. It'd take quite a bit of effort to convince yourself otherwise given human population growth and the rate of industrialization / energy consumption. However, in the finely tuned political programming of 2022, many do not acknowledge adverse impact to environment because they assume that acknowledgement means they support "the libs" or whatever group they associate that with.
Storks are not relevant. Examples of a spurious correlation and a false generalization are relevant.

Yes. People are talking about redistribution of wealth in response to climate change and have been for the past 30 years. C’mon man!

Finally, acknowledging that there are real negative environmental impacts to human population growth and technological advances is not the issue. Mining for technology/energy is impactful. Leaching of solar panels, batteries, etc. Disposal of waste, including windmills. Impact on habitat and animal populations. Yes. If the temperature starts to drop, there will be a lot of environmental causes for people to politicize. Agreed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT