ADVERTISEMENT

Global Climate Changes

I find it fascinating that people deny what’s in front of their face in order to support a political belief.
That's not what we're talking about...we're talking about the ppl that have changed it to a religion. They don't understand science, they "believe" science.

For instance, blaming every unfavorable weather event anywhere on climate change. Did weather not happen prior to humans?

And of course the ones that have it as religious dogma, immediately silence you with "science denier" for pointing this out. Did I say it wasn't real? Or if I say, I don't think taxing us more is a real solution..."ah well you just don't believe science". Again Did I say that?

Do you have a point? I know that I don't know anything about the subject. You don't either. But arrogance or ignorance doesn't allow you to grasp that.

My point was the entire cult can't withstand a logical challenge. You proved it yet again. I only sparsely engage in these discussions because it follows the same path. Wild statement. Logical challenge. Ad hominem.

For instance, blaming every unfavorable weather event anywhere on climate change. Did weather not happen prior to humans?

They don't even know, which one of the major flaws in the entire view. At best we have 200 years of data. That's a drop in the bucket and nowhere close to enough data to so confidently state we're in crisis

"Logical challenge" 😂😂 You're not a serious person. Cute that you claim it's a religion. Back at ya "science denier" cultist

• Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd
There's no serious debate that the climate is changing; that the planet is warming; and that human activity is playing a role. There's almost unanimous consensus among the experts who actually work on this for a living and are trained and educated in that field of study. But yeah right wing wack job guy who sits and posts on Cat Paw all day says it's a vast global conspiracy. Not sure who I should believe. I know the vast majority who post here regularly are experts in any number of fields (not to mention have mid 6 figure salaries and are married to 10s) but I'm going to go with the academics at least when it comes to this area.

The climate is changing. It always has and always will.

It's impossible to create an even close to accurate model when the system you're modeling includes, well, everything. The variables are immense and science is still relatively in it's infancy. The earth is not a closed system to energy nor completely closed to matter.

We can't accurately predict the weather more than a few days out. The window of error magnifies with time and the inability to compute the complexity. But climate change models aren't mostly bullshit. Right.
This^

Reactions: Mdnerd
There's no serious debate that the climate is changing; that the planet is warming; and that human activity is playing a role. There's almost unanimous consensus among the experts who actually work on this for a living and are trained and educated in that field of study. But yeah right wing wack job guy who sits and posts on Cat Paw all day says it's a vast global conspiracy. Not sure who I should believe. I know the vast majority who post here regularly are experts in any number of fields (not to mention have mid 6 figure salaries and are married to 10s) but I'm going to go with the academics at least when it comes to this area.
Did you do the same when the scientific experts said that the covid vax would keep you from catching covid? Did you do the same when the scientists said that the polar icecaps would be gone....about a decade ago.....and did you listen to the science when they said that children would never again see actual snow. How about the Big Crunch...or is it Big Rip now? Believe computer modeling all you want but that is not actual proof of anything....but the bias of the guy who input the data and programming.

Did you do the same when the scientific experts said that the covid vax would keep you from catching covid? Did you do the same when the scientists said that the polar icecaps would be gone....about a decade ago.....and did you listen to the science when they said that children would never again see actual snow. How about the Big Crunch...or is it Big Rip now? Believe computer modeling all you want but that is not actual proof of anything....but the bias of the guy who input the data and programming.
"They" said. Who said? They?😂 I seriously am just in awe of paddock experts. You even have. "Dr." in front of your name. Impressive...and you're another member of the right wing circle jerk and full of shit

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
My point was the entire cult can't withstand a logical challenge. You proved it yet again. I only sparsely engage in these discussions because it follows the same path. Wild statement. Logical challenge. Ad hominem.

They don't even know, which one of the major flaws in the entire view. At best we have 200 years of data. That's a drop in the bucket and nowhere close to enough data to so confidently state we're in crisis
That's my entire issue with guys like deeefense and rogcat. It's not enough of a representative sample. The industrial revolution, though 120 years, is not even a blink in terms of the way the global climate changes. It changes over MILLENIA.

"They" said. Who said? They?😂 I seriously am just in awe of paddock experts. You even have. "Dr." in front of your name. Impressive...and you're another member of the right wing circle jerk and full of shit
The disastrous response to Covid from the scientific community should cause anyone who thinks critically to question the response to “climate change”.

and then there’s “RogCat1119”.

Big oil is shutting down nuclear? Sure looks like it's politicians shutting it down. The very politicians crying about the climate.
Politicians don't make decisions on nuc plant construction, utility boards make those decisions. Right now there is no utility board in the country that's going to approve a $3-$4 billion project authorization and associated rate highs to build a nuc plant. I've always been pro nuc power since I worked in the industry for 12 years but they are by and large cost prohibitive at present. Newer technology may change that but it's not here yet.

Reactions: Kingseve1
That's not what we're talking about...we're talking about the ppl that have changed it to a religion. They don't understand science, they "believe" science.
If you can't rely on the opinions and findings of professional climatologists and scientific organizations like NOAA and NASA regarding climate change, than who do you rely on? I don't think that's "religion" any more than relying on the professional medical advise of your doctor, or the legal advise of your attorney is a "religion".
There are certainly cases of people misusing the information, misinterpreting it or even spinning it one way or another to serve their own interests, but to me, ignoring the warnings of experts around the world on GCC when there is virtual unanimity on what they are saying, is to our own peril.

Reactions: Kingseve1
I agree that's an example of people with either a agenda or out of ignorance making such statements. GCC does have an impact on weather severity but to blame all sever weather events on GCC is ridiculous.

Politicians don't make decisions on nuc plant construction, utility boards make those decisions. Right now there is no utility board in the country that's going to approve a $3-$4 billion project authorization and associated rate highs to build a nuc plant. I've always been pro nuc power since I worked in the industry for 12 years but they are by and large cost prohibitive at present. Newer technology may change that but it's not here yet.
Like that $400 billion bill could build over 100 nuclear power plants? Nah, dat ain’t worth it. Let’s pay China for leaky solar panels built by slaves!!

If you can't rely on the opinions and findings of professional climatologists and scientific organizations like NOAA and NASA regarding climate change, than who do you rely on? I don't think that's "religion" any more than relying on the professional medical advise of your doctor, or the legal advise of your attorney is a "religion".
There are certainly cases of people misusing the information, misinterpreting it or even spinning it one way or another to serve their own interests, but to me, ignoring the warnings of experts around the world on GCC when there is virtual unanimity on what they are saying, is to our own peril.
One problem is that people that have made climate change their whole life (the part not about guns) don’t read the whole studies. They parse through them for the bad sounding crap that better supports their political plan to fix da planet.

Reactions: PhDcat2018

They answer to politicians. The last 40 years or so, politicians found it handy to outsource 90% of their job to agencies. Keeps the politicians on tv instead of doing work and let's them rule by proxy while retaining deniability.

Very applicable example is under Obama the epa just stopped coal mining permits. They permitted fine before but suddenly stopped. Strictly speaking it wasn't Obama denying the permits but the epa was definitely acting under his direction.

If these were windmills, they'd already been built

• Haha
Reactions: RogCat1119
If there were an existential threat caused by coal fired electricity, there would be a scramble to build nuke plants.

Why isn’t there?

One problem is that people that have made climate change their whole life (the part not about guns) don’t read the whole studies. They parse through them for the bad sounding crap that better supports their political plan to fix da planet.
Who has "made climate change their whole life"?

I admire you for trying dude, but why even try to reason with these lunatics? You will never, ever convince them of anything. They're right and the people who actually study this stuff for a living (err, make it their "religion") are wrong and/or have some nefarious agenda. These anti science right wing nutjobs are thankfully a vast minority, they're just the loudest squawkers, especially here in this echo chamber.

Let me guess: you've "read the whole studies"? You're quite the renaissance man

Reactions: GeraldV
I admire you for trying dude, but why even try to reason with these lunatics? You will never, ever convince them of anything. They're right and the people who actually study this stuff for a living (err, make it their "religion") are wrong and/or have some nefarious agenda. These anti science right wing nutjobs are thankfully a vast minority, they're just the loudest squawkers, especially here in this echo chamber.
But I think their numbers are growing because people these days take sides and view it as their duty to adopt whatever extreme position that their side takes on a particular issue. It is not possible to be unsure or apathetic on any particular issue.

Climate change, whatever the cause, does have real consequences. I live in South Florida and sea level rise threatens Miami Beach and other coastal communities. The studies back that up but politicians are hesitant to act to do anything about it. It's always easier to ignore a complicated problem like that, particularly if it becomes a hot button political issue. Let me say again, whether the cause is human or not, something needs to be done to prevent these coastal communities from being threatened.

Don't buy a house at or below sea level and then complain when you've got water flowing through the living room. The earth is a complex, dynamic, ever-changing system. And windmills and solar panels aren't going to save you.
Al Gore made this claim 20 years ago yet purchased ocean front property, as has Bill Gates, John Kerry, Obama and just about every other rich "climate activist". Not sure about you but if they were so concerned about climate change impacting sea levels then why would they buy oceanfront property?

Al Gore made this claim 20 years ago yet purchased ocean front property, as has Bill Gates, John Kerry, Obama and just about every other rich "climate activist". Not sure about you but if they were so concerned about climate change impacting sea levels then why would they buy oceanfront property?

When the people that say you should be worried, start acting like they're worried; then there might be some real concern.

That day isn't here and looks like a long time yet

Last edited:
Big oil is shutting down nuclear? Sure looks like it's politicians shutting it down. The very politicians crying about the climate.
Ask and you shall receive I reckon: first nuke plant built in a long time

The cooling towers of two new nuclear reactors at Plant Vogtle in Waynesboro, Ga., are pictured Friday, March 22, 2019. The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission announced Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2022, that it had approved plans to load radioactive fuel into one of the new reactors, which could clear the way for the first new nuclear power plant built in the United States in decades to come online by March 2023. (Michael Holahan/The Augusta Chronicle via AP, File)

ATLANTA (AP) — A nuclear power plant being built in Georgia can begin loading radioactive fuel into one of its two new reactors, federal regulators said Wednesday, a key step toward generating electricity at the first new nuclear reactor built in decades in the United States.

The Southern Nuclear Operating Co. hopes in October to begin loading fuel into its third reactor at Plant Vogtle, near Waynesboro, Tom Fanning, CEO of Southern Nuclear’s parent company, Atlanta-based Southern Co, said last week.

Andrea Veil, director of the NRC’s Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation, said inspectors “independently verified that Vogtle Unit 3 has been properly built and will protect public health and safety when it transitions to operation.” She said they will keep “a close eye” on the unit moving forward.

A third and a fourth reactor were approved for construction at Vogtle by the Georgia Public Service Commission in 2012, and the third reactor was supposed to start generating power in 2016. Now, the schedule calls for that to happen by the end of March 2023. The cost of the third and fourth reactors has climbed from an original cost of $14 billion to more than $30 billion.

The operating company will operate the plant on behalf of owners including fellow Southern Co. subsidiary Georgia Power Co., Oglethorpe Power Corp., the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia and the city of Dalton. Oglethorpe and MEAG would sell power to cooperatives and municipal utilities across Georgia, as well in Jacksonville, Florida, and parts of Alabama and the Florida Panhandle.

We're not getting nuclear until Springsteen, Jackson Browne, et al die off.

Their "No Nukes" shows 40 years ago killed any chance of nuclear getting serious consideration.

Yet another example of liberals ruining everything they touch.

It’s funny that so many dooms day predictions have come and gone and yet the sheep blindly give these alarmist a total pass. We’ve gone from fears of an ice age,to running out of oil, to massive starvation, to we will all be living in Antarctica, to all the ice will be gone. We were told we only have 10 years left 20 years ago. Just look up “global warming predictions that failed”. No matter all of this is nothing more than computer models. You are being played for a sucker so governments can take total control over ever human and industry. Can anyone show me anything that proves man has caused any global warming in the past, present, or future? Other than computer models. Then tell me why we had so many past predictions fail and why you believe the current batch of predictions are so definite.

Like that $400 billion bill could build over 100 nuclear power plants? Nah, dat ain’t worth it. Let’s pay China for leaky solar panels built by slaves!!
100% this. Democrats and green activists(lobbyists) lose me complaining about nukes. We subsidize the hell out of solar and wind and those sources are horrendously inefficient. That doesn’t even take into account how much pollution they create from manufacturing to disposal. If we can spend almost half a trillion(maybe more if you add it up over the years) on that junk, we can build and safely maintain nukes.
Ask and you shall receive I reckon: first nuke plant built in a long time

The cooling towers of two new nuclear reactors at Plant Vogtle in Waynesboro, Ga., are pictured Friday, March 22, 2019. The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission announced Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2022, that it had approved plans to load radioactive fuel into one of the new reactors, which could clear the way for the first new nuclear power plant built in the United States in decades to come online by March 2023. (Michael Holahan/The Augusta Chronicle via AP, File)

ATLANTA (AP) — A nuclear power plant being built in Georgia can begin loading radioactive fuel into one of its two new reactors, federal regulators said Wednesday, a key step toward generating electricity at the first new nuclear reactor built in decades in the United States.

The Southern Nuclear Operating Co. hopes in October to begin loading fuel into its third reactor at Plant Vogtle, near Waynesboro, Tom Fanning, CEO of Southern Nuclear’s parent company, Atlanta-based Southern Co, said last week.

Andrea Veil, director of the NRC’s Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation, said inspectors “independently verified that Vogtle Unit 3 has been properly built and will protect public health and safety when it transitions to operation.” She said they will keep “a close eye” on the unit moving forward.

A third and a fourth reactor were approved for construction at Vogtle by the Georgia Public Service Commission in 2012, and the third reactor was supposed to start generating power in 2016. Now, the schedule calls for that to happen by the end of March 2023. The cost of the third and fourth reactors has climbed from an original cost of $14 billion to more than $30 billion.

The operating company will operate the plant on behalf of owners including fellow Southern Co. subsidiary Georgia Power Co., Oglethorpe Power Corp., the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia and the city of Dalton. Oglethorpe and MEAG would sell power to cooperatives and municipal utilities across Georgia, as well in Jacksonville, Florida, and parts of Alabama and the Florida Panhandle.
Love that! Name a windmill "farm"(that isn't in the f-ing ocean) that can power all of that?

Reactions: hmt5000 and IdaCat
Like Jill Biden, I am not a real doctor. I will say you have an impressive 300 posts. Keep up the good work.

Who? You should not post if you are ignorant. Its not a good look.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dig Dirkler
Speaking of "anti-Science" nutjobs......can a man have a baby?

Reactions: Dig Dirkler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT