ADVERTISEMENT

Get Reed Sheppard to reclassify.

Shouldn’t CJ be back next year too as long as he stays healthy? Or is he out of years?

But the Wheeler hate is insane for a guard that is in the top 2 of assist/turnover ratio in the Cal era and an SEC assist leader. You can’t just focus on the higher turnover number than you’re use to without also recognizing the near 10 assist a game. That is the whole reason the ratio stat was invented to judge efficiency of guards.

Shouldn’t CJ be back next year too as long as he stays healthy? Or is he out of years?

But the Wheeler hate is insane for a guard that is in the top 2 of assist/turnover ratio in the Cal era and an SEC assist leader. You can’t just focus on the higher turnover number than you’re use to without also recognizing the near 10 assist a game. That is the whole reason the ratio stat was invented to judge efficiency of guards.

Yes as is Antonio Reeves. But I think the OP was talking PGs only. Which Thiero is being overlooked for.

Maybe not. But if I were then I’d ditch the competition in that area for him to get better at UK. Playing red bird missionary is not seeing Oscar in practice

We're losing Wheeler and Wallace after this year. It would be nice to have a ball-handling guard return with a year of experience under his belt. Plus, we could still use a third play-making guard for next year. It would give Reed a year to build up strength and become conditioned on an elite level. I'm not a fan of three weaker freshmen guards running the offense next year in Reed, Wagner, and Dillingham. This ensures we have one ball-handler who has some college-level strength and experience.

It would invigorate the fan base a bit more and allow Reed to go against Wallace and Wheeler for a year. If Dillingham's unwilling to come in and be that third guard this year, perhaps Reed would be okay with the idea.
Reclassifying isn’t that simple, the semester starts in like 2 weeks, Reed would have to take probably 4-5 classes worth of online courses in the next 2-3 weeks in order to graduate and enroll in time, it’s not impossible but it’d be a lot of work.

He also probably wants his senior year of high school experience as well. It’s a fun year he’d be skipping to come play 10-15 minutes a game as a 17 year old freshman at UK.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Reclassifying isn’t that simple, the semester starts in like 2 weeks, Reed would have to take probably 4-5 classes worth of online courses in the next 2-3 weeks in order to graduate and enroll in time, it’s not impossible but it’d be a lot of work.

He also probably wants his senior year of high school experience as well. It’s a fun year he’d be skipping to come play 10-15 minutes a game as a 17 year old freshman at UK.
I would say even 10-15 minutes consistently throughout the season would be generous. Wheeler, Reeves, Frederick, Wallace will all be eating up the minutes at the 1-2.

I agree 100% let this kids enjoy this last year in HS. Time passes fast enough after you leave school anyway.
I'm with ya on this one, WC.

I think we'll be fine leaving things as is. We've had a great recruiting cycle and still not done. At least it takes away some of the anguish over the past 2 seasons.

Reactions: westerncat
None of them would be teams in a hunt for a title. I mean a ton of teams woulda loved devin askew or dontaie allen but not title contenders. Wheeler is in the same bag but overvalued by cal like wheelers family has dirt on him.
Lol no

While Wheeler has his flaws, putting him in the same breath as those mentioned is a crime. Gonzaga, Kansas, and Michigan were recruiting him once he entered the transfer portal. Those teams are title contenders.
Very well said. Totally agree.

We don't need to get Sheppard to reclass we will need to get a few players from the portal unless guys come back who aren't expected to. Cal was crazy not to get another shooting guard this year.

Last edited:
He passed on Shelvin Mack also.

BCG had the reputation for being a great recruiter. He was a "great recruiter" at UTEP and Texas A&M because he was recruiting guys in a state with a hotbed of talent. If you use that model in Kentucky then you will typically end up with Vinny Zollo and Dakota Euton.

Worst coach in UK history for any sport and that includes Joker.

Man, who hires these guys?

Sheppard had a 6'4+ guard transfer in from Harlan Co. to North Laurel to make a run at the state title. He played in the ESPN game with Sheppard and already had multiple D1 offers. They are going to try and make a run at the state title.

Maybe not. But if I were then I’d ditch the competition in that area for him to get better at UK. Playing red bird missionary is not seeing Oscar in practice
He is already getting NIL money. Becoming more of a state legend will be more money in the end.

He is already getting NIL money. Becoming more of a state legend will be more money in the end.
I’m not talking about money though. I’m talking about going up against some of the best players in practice everyday instead of going for some meaningless region title

Worst coach in UK history for any sport and that includes Joker.

Man, who hires these guys?
he was a great coach. one of rupps assistant coaches who riley had work with the lakers said he was awesome. something happened to him. he went to pieces. great coach.

We're losing Wheeler and Wallace after this year. It would be nice to have a ball-handling guard return with a year of experience under his belt. Plus, we could still use a third play-making guard for next year. It would give Reed a year to build up strength and become conditioned on an elite level. I'm not a fan of three weaker freshmen guards running the offense next year in Reed, Wagner, and Dillingham. This ensures we have one ball-handler who has some college-level strength and experience.

It would invigorate the fan base a bit more and allow Reed to go against Wallace and Wheeler for a year. If Dillingham's unwilling to come in and be that third guard this year, perhaps Reed would be okay with the idea.
What if he wants the good life for one more year?

First of all you don’t just reclassify you have to graduate. That means you have to fulfill all academic obligations and the fact high school is about to start I seriously doubt reed has done that. Second, reed being from eastern KY probably wants to stick with his buddies and his class. His high school team is depending on him and I don’t get the impression he’s on an nba fast track like other guys who are driven by money. Finally reeds body. He may play 4 years in college: he may need all of that time to completely mature. Wasting a year at UK which is what it would be could be detrimental for him. I would assume he’s 17 and no way would he see anything but pine this year. What a waste. He doesn’t fit the typical reclassify candidate qualifications and it would serve zero purpose for him or uk so hard pass on this idea
Its Reed
Troll
Proper Noun
It's his name
Go back to North Carolina
Idiot
Nobody cares what you think mullet head

While Wheeler has his flaws, putting him in the same breath as those mentioned is a crime. Gonzaga, Kansas, and Michigan were recruiting him once he entered the transfer portal. Those teams are title contenders.
@Wildcats1st is an troll, he hates Wheeler with a passion, Wheeler killed his North Carolina Guards, just spanked them. Wheeler is going to be stout this year, hes got help. Redemption year for the Cats!!@

This thread entertains me. Most of the same voices in this thread saying we don't need a reclass from Sheppard would be saying what a genius move it is if it happened.

It's a roll of the dice to be depending on the oft-injured Fredrick and Thiero for our guard depth, but someone can just refer us to the 6 man rotation Cal had with 1996 UMass to make us all feel better...

This thread entertains me. Most of the same voices in this thread saying we don't need a reclass from Sheppard would be saying what a genius move it is if it happened.

It's a roll of the dice to be depending on the oft-injured Fredrick and Thiero for our guard depth, but someone can just refer us to the 6 man rotation Cal had with 1996 UMass to make us all feel better...
We don’t need a reclass from anyone. I rather let Reed develop through high school at a natural pace and have him be ready to contribute next year and I would imagine he feels the same way.

Most of this can be put on Tubby. BCG got here late on him. We did pull in Liggins,Miller and Jorts that year. BCG was a joke!!
Can you imagine the 2009-10 team if BCG was still the coach and the new transfer rule was in place? The team would be completely in-state kids and community college transfers.

• Wow
Reactions: Catluv
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT