ADVERTISEMENT

Get Reed Sheppard to reclassify.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
We're losing Wheeler and Wallace after this year. It would be nice to have a ball-handling guard return with a year of experience under his belt. Plus, we could still use a third play-making guard for next year. It would give Reed a year to build up strength and become conditioned on an elite level. I'm not a fan of three weaker freshmen guards running the offense next year in Reed, Wagner, and Dillingham. This ensures we have one ball-handler who has some college-level strength and experience.

It would invigorate the fan base a bit more and allow Reed to go against Wallace and Wheeler for a year. If Dillingham's unwilling to come in and be that third guard this year, perhaps Reed would be okay with the idea.

We're losing Wheeler and Wallace after this year. It would be nice to have a ball-handling guard return with a year of experience under his belt. Plus, we could still use a third play-making guard for next year. It would give Reed a year to build up strength and become conditioned on an elite level. I'm not a fan of three weaker freshmen guards running the offense next year in Reed, Wagner, and Dillingham. This ensures we have one ball-handler who has some college-level strength and experience.

It would invigorate the fan base a bit more and allow Reed to go against Wallace and Wheeler for a year. If Dillingham's unwilling to come in and be that third guard this year, perhaps Reed would be okay with the idea.
Absolutely will not happen.

Well, he said the Dillingham commit was "worthless" if he didn't reclassify, so now he's on to the worthless Reed commit. Some have such a pathetic agenda that they'll sabotage any good news to wax their hurt butt.
You seem take it all so personally.

Weird stuff. But then again, this is your 31st account, so weird is really what you do, isn't it.

Personally I don't like reclassified guards. Jackson I would consider as an exception because he's that good and not sure he has much to prove with another year of high school.

Cal won’t do that to himself. Think the fans got on his nerves in 2020-21 over Dontaie Allen, it’d be 100x worse with Shep. He’ll do everything in his power to limit his minutes in 2023-24, much less this upcoming season!
Stop it. Reed is a 5 star in most recruiting outlets and probably the highest true in-state talent since Scottie Hopson in 2008. Dontaie was never ranked within the top 50. Keep pushing that agenda though...

No. We don't need to keep getting players that are younger. Let them get here when they are supposed to.
OP can’t control himself. Whenever there is good news, he starts a “Nope, not good enough” thread. Seems he enjoys doing it.

OP can’t control himself. Whenever there is good news, he starts a “Nope, not good enough” thread. Seems he enjoys doing it.
I'm actually happy for the state of the program right now. I feel like it's trending upward.

Does that ruin your false, bizarre narrative about me, Leadbelly?

By the way, can I help you pick your next puppet account username? It would be fun...

Stop it. Reed is a 5 star in most recruiting outlets and probably the highest true in-state talent since Scottie Hopson in 2008. Dontaie was never ranked within the top 50. Keep pushing that agenda though...
Still absurd how we did not recruit hopson, a top 5 overall guy and instate. I remember being at a camp at McLean county and university heights was there. I think he may of been a junior and was unheard of at the time but he was an absolute monster. Dunking over everyone, including Jon hood. Later that year is when he shot up in the rankings

Still absurd how we did not recruit hopson, a top 5 overall guy and instate. I remember being at a camp at McLean county and university heights was there. I think he may of been a junior and was unheard of at the time but he was an absolute monster. Dunking over everyone, including Jon hood. Later that year is when he shot up in the rankings
Billy G was too busy watching middle school games.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Why? Makes no sense. How many guards do we need next year?
Did you ask that question last year before the season? We had four guards last year and it wasn't enough when we entered the tournament hobbling on one leg, and that was with four guys (Mintz, Grady, Ty Ty, and Wheeler) who could run the point.

How many guys do we presently have that can run the point at a high level? Two. Thiero doesn't count because he's not going to be ready. Reeves cannot play lead guard. Neither can Fredrick.

We have two guys who can run the point at a high level. Four wasn't enough last year, and yet you think we're set at guard?

• Haha
Reactions: OmahaCats
First of all you don’t just reclassify you have to graduate. That means you have to fulfill all academic obligations and the fact high school is about to start I seriously doubt reed has done that. Second, reed being from eastern KY probably wants to stick with his buddies and his class. His high school team is depending on him and I don’t get the impression he’s on an nba fast track like other guys who are driven by money. Finally reeds body. He may play 4 years in college: he may need all of that time to completely mature. Wasting a year at UK which is what it would be could be detrimental for him. I would assume he’s 17 and no way would he see anything but pine this year. What a waste. He doesn’t fit the typical reclassify candidate qualifications and it would serve zero purpose for him or uk so hard pass on this idea

You might think a little differently after this season. A ton of teams would like to have Wheeler.
None of them would be teams in a hunt for a title. I mean a ton of teams woulda loved devin askew or dontaie allen but not title contenders. Wheeler is in the same bag but overvalued by cal like wheelers family has dirt on him.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
There’s no way in hell Reed Sheppard re-classifies. He may end up better than Dillingham and Wagner (assuming he comes to UK).
I keep waiting for a Sheppard letdown, but he can flat out go.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Yeah we were good though with Dakota euhton and Michael Avery. No need to bring in a top 5 dude
He passed on Shelvin Mack also.

BCG had the reputation for being a great recruiter. He was a "great recruiter" at UTEP and Texas A&M because he was recruiting guys in a state with a hotbed of talent. If you use that model in Kentucky then you will typically end up with Vinny Zollo and Dakota Euton.

BCG had the reputation for being a great recruiter. He was a "great recruiter" at UTEP and Texas A&M because he was recruiting guys in a state with a hotbed of talent. If you use that model in Kentucky then you will typically end up with Vinny Zollo and Dakota Euton.
If I read it right, it seems as if Vinny went to Western Kentucky, Furman, Cleveland State, and Northwest Florida State.
Euton, Akron and Asbury.
Swing and a miss by Bourbon Billy.

If I read it right, it seems as if Vinny went to Western Kentucky, Furman, Cleveland State, and Northwest Florida State.
Euton, Akron and Asbury.
Swing and a miss by Bourbon Billy.
Ross-Miller played for New Orleans, New Mexico State, and Auburn.
Michael Avery….seems like he only played for Sonoma State.

Yeah we were good though with Dakota euhton and Michael Avery. No need to bring in a top 5 dude
When I seen those commits I knew Billy G was so drunk he was picking names that were clear in front of his face. He aimed between the five names in front of his face and picked the clearest one.

Reactions: Zissou87
None of them would be teams in a hunt for a title. I mean a ton of teams woulda loved devin askew or dontaie allen but not title contenders. Wheeler is in the same bag but overvalued by cal like wheelers family has dirt on him.
While Wheeler has his flaws, putting him in the same breath as those mentioned is a crime. Gonzaga, Kansas, and Michigan were recruiting him once he entered the transfer portal. Those teams are title contenders.

I believe Mack had already verbally committed to Butler at the time BCG arrived, so I’m not sure it’s fair to blame him for that one.

As I recall, we did try to get in on Mack late, but to the kid’s credit, he stuck by his Butler commitment.

Reactions: Zissou87
I feel like the reclassifying of recruits has been unsuccessful recently. Diallo, Clarke (Rip), and Askew were all underwhelming imo. Let Reed come when he's supposed to. We're a preseason top 5 team with a lot more returning than usual.

While Wheeler has his flaws, putting him in the same breath as those mentioned is a crime. Gonzaga, Kansas, and Michigan were recruiting him once he entered the transfer portal. Those teams are title contenders.

Yeah, just a typical dumb statement by the other poster. Wheeler is 10 times the college player of Allen or Askew.

Yeah, just a typical dumb statement by the other poster. Wheeler is 10 times the college player of Allen or Askew.
This smarmy thread is no more than a nonstop swipe at Wheeler by a butthurt poster. It’s really sad to see a grownup spend every single day and night thinking up ways to whine when this is entertainment for fans and nothing more. Never seen such an attention-starved thread starter.

Reactions: sk73
People are acting like OP is saying he should come in and start or play heavy minutes. I don’t think he’s suggesting that at all.

The truth is Reed could get minutes RIGHT NOW against the MEAC/MAC/lower tier SEC portion of the schedule. Games last year where Washington and Grady played 30+ minutes. Maybe those guys would have had less wear and tear in the final six weeks if there was just a little more depth.

does reed have pro potential or is he a great four year player. reclassification only if he has pro potential. i don’t think that’s actually a consideration

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT