ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia has 5 points with 7:05 to go in the half.

Hey GTD man what’s up with the Dawgs ? I mean I was expecting much more this season ? Are the folks at Georgia getting tired of Crean already ?
Yeah, I think we all expected a little more. I was telling whoever would listen before the season that we had SERIOUS holes on this roster that were magnified even more when Claxton chose to go pro early. We have no veteran leadership. Guys are mentally and physically soft. We get beat up in the post every game. When you rely on Hammonds to be your post presence, you’re in for it. We don’t shoot the ball well and turn it over at an alarming rate. We play horrible man to man defense and rarely play zone (even though it works better). Should I go on? There are some people that are questioning the hire, but you definitely have to give him a couple of more years before you start over again. Most never believed Crean to be elite when we hired him, but believed he had some above average success at his previous stops and hoped for the same at Georgia. Maybe it’ll get better in years 3, 4, 5 like it did at Marquette and IU. Maybe it won’t.

I used to think it was funny that they were so dumb to actually think that when kids went to loser schools like Fultz and Simmons (Pretty sure they both predicted a championship)

I’ve come to realize, they don’t actually expect it. They just don’t care and they’re saying what’s expected of them to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: FltDoc and CELTICAT
If Wade’s younger kid goes to college can he now play for the women’s team since he was mistakenly assigned male parts at birth?

I heard he will be the first both way player. He’ll or she’ll will make history.

Reactions: Kuhldaddy
Winning ,being ready for the NBA ,being held accountable as a player and a young man , playing somewhere where people actually care to see you play and so on. You know just a few minor things like that.

Some people just don't get it. Most do not want to work hard, think they are God's gift & will cash in.

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
But, they beat our asses and celebrated nicely heading to their locker room after the first half down there. Crean is one strange dude. They have some talent obviously but they're are definitely NOT developing into a cohesive, smooth-running machine.
Yep, Georgia = Halftime National Champions. Guess Clappy will buy them all half a ring. “We didn’t lose, we just had another half to play”.

zMgEScKEYRSUpKqE8
R2fTStz9DLeQcb2g8
R2fTStz9DLeQcb2g8

Maybe Edwards was not taking a shot at Maxey being small but was telling him how many games he'd win in college vs. Maxey

I just can’t see Crean lasting long at uga. It wasn’t a good hire, and I don’t see him doing much there at all. Hard seeing him getting uga to compete in the sec, sure he might pick up a big win every so often, but I just don’t see any long term success between Crean/uga.

Yeah, I think we all expected a little more. I was telling whoever would listen before the season that we had SERIOUS holes on this roster that were magnified even more when Claxton chose to go pro early. We have no veteran leadership. Guys are mentally and physically soft. We get beat up in the post every game. When you rely on Hammonds to be your post presence, you’re in for it. We don’t shoot the ball well and turn it over at an alarming rate. We play horrible man to man defense and rarely play zone (even though it works better). Should I go on? There are some people that are questioning the hire, but you definitely have to give him a couple of more years before you start over again. Most never believed Crean to be elite when we hired him, but believed he had some above average success at his previous stops and hoped for the same at Georgia. Maybe it’ll get better in years 3, 4, 5 like it did at Marquette and IU. Maybe it won’t.

Trust me you don’t wanna see Crean’s zone. It’s worse than Cal’s. Also Crean teams looks like they have never seen a zone before if a good one is thrown out there. Crean has the potential to make them a solid team though at some point.

Also go Braves, they are my squad!

Reactions: GermantownDawg
I believe most kids do care and care a great deal. There are a few that may not care but they are ,by far, in the minority. Ben Simmons is an example. Why do you even watch the games or post on message boards if you feel that way.

I don't feel that way what the hell are you talking about I was just telling you my feelings about how these kids think today that choose schools like Memphis , Georgia, and Washington over UK!

Sorry, I was just reading your words, Go back and take a look at what you said . You may have not written down your true thoughts. All is good.

Edwards’s goal is to get to the NBA and allow his family to see him play. He’s fulfilling both of those. The NBA doesn’t care if his college team goes to the NCAA tournament. All they care about is talent, and he has that in abundance. Guarantee Edwards won’t be thinking about anything that happened in college when Adam Silver calls his name.
The point is, he could of had all that NBA crap AND been on a winning team that would of taught him a lot more about being a young man. Your argument is absurd. You're arguing that going to Georgia is the exact same thing as going to Kentucky and that's just nuts. You're acting like a year of a person's life means nothing, like its the same to lose every game as opposed to win every game. Money isn't everything, experiences are great to have as well and Edwards has ZERO.

The point is, he could of had all that NBA crap AND been on a winning team that would of taught him a lot more about being a young man. Your argument is absurd. You're arguing that going to Georgia is the exact same thing as going to Kentucky and that's just nuts. You're acting like a year of a person's life means nothing, like its the same to lose every game as opposed to win every game. Money isn't everything, experiences are great to have as well and Edwards has ZERO.

No, you’re argument is absurd. Nowhere did i say going to play basketball at Georgia is the same as playing at Kentucky. What i did say is that in the eyes of the NBA, playing on a losing team makes no difference.

I’m not under some silly notion that these guys are playing for college glory. These guys are playing to get to the NBA as quickly as they can. In that regard, Edwards has absolutely no regrets about where he went to school for a few months. His family was nearby and he’s going to be a top 5 pick. He has nothing to regret.

Reactions: TIE543
I remember thinking after we beat them the first time that it was a good win over a team that's gonna be in the tournament. Should've known they'd fall apart because Crean can't coach.

No, you’re argument is absurd. Nowhere did i say going to play basketball at Georgia is the same as playing at Kentucky. What i did say is that in the eyes of the NBA, playing on a losing team makes no difference.

I’m not under some silly notion that these guys are playing for college glory. These guys are playing to get to the NBA as quickly as they can. In that regard, Edwards has absolutely no regrets about where he went to school for a few months. His family was nearby and he’s going to be a top 5 pick. He has nothing to regret.
And that argument is absurd. Who cares about what the NBA eyes say, that's the same either way. What you're missing is the point a year of shit basketball is not equal to a year of high level winning basketball and for that he will regret that. EITHER way he's a top 5 pick, why not use that one year to experience winning, great coaches, servant leadership, etc? The answer is, there is no logical reason other than being lazy because anyone important to him would watch in Lexington just the same.

By your logic, all the top talent in football should go to Alabama and none to Kentucky.

Choosing to play for a perennially winning team over a losing one is in NO way integral in one becoming a “young man”.

By your logic, all the top talent in football should go to Alabama and none to Kentucky.

Choosing to play for a perennially winning team over a losing one is in NO way integral in one becoming a “young man”.

again, what he’s saying he’s lazy for going to a school where he’d have free reign to do whatever and play outside of the team concept.

students going to Alabama or kentucky, In football, are still expected to buy into the team concept to help their team win.

Crean was banking on a potential top ten pick to come in and lead them to a tournament bid, all the while, letting him do whatever he wanted outside of the team concept

Crean isn't a bad coach. He is a pretty good recruiter and seems to be pretty good at the Xs and Os, especially on the offensive side. His teams have never played great defense, but he's had a few teams that were very good offensively. I would say Crean could build Georgia into a contender if he got a couple breaks along the way, in regard to recruiting. At Indiana, the guy who exceeded his recruiting rankings was Victor Oladipo. He was a 3-star recruit according to most services back in 2010, but he became a stud offensively. Crean is good with guys who fit that mold- his offense works great for athletic small forwards and shooting guards. Dwyane Wade was a similar story. Edwards is a guy who could fit that same mold even as a freshman but the issue right now is that he doesn't have enough help, and he's not gonna be around long enough for Crean to recruit him any help. I'm not sure if Edwards was a good move for Georgia this season. Crean needs to sneak up on people, but Edwards has everyone's attention, so opponents are out to prove they're better than him.

You're wrong but its ok. "People" play a huge role in one becoming a young man. I'm not saying those "People" are always at top tier programs. However, I am saying in Edwards case, he had a scholarship offer from the Cats and Cal and that combination of "People" would go far and above what he ended up choosing.
To your first point, yeah that's a lot of my logic, if you have an offer to play football at Bama vs Kentucky, in most cases, you should probably take it. There are varying circumstances that might change but as a general rule, YES take the best offer.

again, what he’s saying he’s lazy for going to a school where he’d have free reign to do whatever and play outside of the team concept.

students going to Alabama or kentucky, In football, are still expected to buy into the team concept to help their team win.

Crean was banking on a potential top ten pick to come in and lead them to a tournament bid, all the while, letting him do whatever he wanted outside of the team concept
You're exactly right.

You're wrong but its ok. "People" play a huge role in one becoming a young man. I'm not saying those "People" are always at top tier programs. However, I am saying in Edwards case, he had a scholarship offer from the Cats and Cal and that combination of "People" would go far and above what he ended up choosing.
To your first point, yeah that's a lot of my logic, if you have an offer to play football at Bama vs Kentucky, in most cases, you should probably take it. There are varying circumstances that might change but as a general rule, YES take the best offer.
I disagree on the Bama fb all gambit. In football coaches and chemistry are vital. Maybe UK isn’t at Bamas level but we’ve proven we can compete w recruits for the big boys. Also it doesn’t matter...if you’re good enough—NFL scouts will find you.

I disagree on the Bama fb all gambit. In football coaches and chemistry are vital. Maybe UK isn’t at Bamas level but we’ve proven we can compete w recruits for the big boys. Also it doesn’t matter...if you’re good enough—NFL scouts will find you.
Some of you guys keep going back to NBA and NFL stuff, like I said before, either way you're going pro. The difference is the other things that the one year on the right program could bring a young man, like winning, learning, team building, being coachable, putting the team first, things in the community, etc.

Some of you guys keep going back to NBA and NFL stuff, like I said before, either way you're going pro. The difference is the other things that the one year on the right program could bring a young man, like winning, learning, team building, being coachable, putting the team first, things in the community, etc.
Everyone understands this and the other poster isn’t disagreeing with you. The point he is trying to make is that Edwards, and a lot of the top kids in this generation, couldn’t give two shits about these things. They just want to do their thing for 8 months, screw the co-eds, and get out as fast as possible. No one cares about playing in college anymore sadly. We see players like Edwards, Wiseman, Stewart, and McDaniels on horrible teams and all probably going to miss the tournament and say to ourselves “man I bet they regret their decision” but in reality, they don’t at all. They knew exactly what they were signing up for. We should appreciate Cal and the young men that choose to play at U.K. because it’s not easy and continue to laugh at the idiocy the self-absorbed young guns like Edwards display by choosing a path least beneficial to their career and development. The CATS will always have the last laugh in the end.

Well, y’all seem to be enjoying this. Lol
I enjoy watching players who run their mouth like Edwards get their due . Honestly I know most hate Crean but he doesn't even register on the meter to me . Just not done enough to be annoyed with him. He isn't Bruce Pearl or Barnes , SEC coaches who have a success . Crean underachieved at IU and had 1 great and 1 good season at Marquette and the former was all because Wade.

Everyone understands this and the other poster isn’t disagreeing with you. The point he is trying to make is that Edwards, and a lot of the top kids in this generation, couldn’t give two shits about these things. They just want to do their thing for 8 months, screw the co-eds, and get out as fast as possible. No one cares about playing in college anymore sadly. We see players like Edwards, Wiseman, Stewart, and McDaniels on horrible teams and all probably going to miss the tournament and say to ourselves “man I bet they regret their decision” but in reality, they don’t at all. They knew exactly what they were signing up for. We should appreciate Cal and the young men that choose to play at U.K. because it’s not easy and continue to laugh at the idiocy the self-absorbed young guns like Edwards display by choosing a path least beneficial to their career and development. The CATS will always have the last laugh in the end.
This is spot on. They don't regret it because they didn't care about winning or getting better or being held accountable.

Reactions: CalipariCapo
I agree with this. I guess I just find it unbelievable that these kids don't have more character than they do. I'm all for the kids making their own decisions but if my kid had a current offer from the Cats and he picked the Dawgs, I'd delete him from his inheritance.

This is spot on. They don't regret it because they didn't care about winning or getting better or being held accountable.
I guess its the new breed of youngsters, I can't fathom the concept of not caring, not wanting to be a winner, not caring about getting better and not wanting to be held accountable. Talk about soft. I guess I'm an old school hard ass at age 46.

How many coeds we talkin btw?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT