ADVERTISEMENT

<< GAME THREAD >> Georgia vs UK

Stoops is going to tell everyone how proud he is of his guys, while looking fat and visibly somewhere on the spectrum at the presser.

stoops-post-uf.jpg

Stop being a puss and go for it on 4th down, conservatism is so toxic that it’s killing our football program. #Kamala2024 (this is a joke fellas)

Facts are that we should've run this offensive game plan last week as well, should never have been in this game against Georgia, and we have to find a way to win these games.

We had the right plays called when we were in Georgia territory if we have better QB play, but we have to understand who we are, take the rushing yardage, and move the chains to get the FG. Very frustrating to keep going back to pass plays we can't fully execute so early and repeatedly at key points in drives.

Excruciating

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Facts are that we should've run this offensive game plan last week as well, should never have been in this game against Georgia, and we have to find a way to win these games.

We had the right plays called when we were in Georgia territory if we have better QB play, but we have to understand who we are, take the rushing yardage, and move the chains to get the FG. Very frustrating to keep going back to pass plays we can't fully execute so early and repeatedly at key points in drives.

Excruciating

Reactions: bluecoon1
Stoops on the the late 4th down “ I don’t regret punting the ball. I felt like if we went there and didn’t make it, our offense would have had to go the length and f th field. In a predictable pass situation, that’s not our situation. There was plenty of time to pin em back”.
- so much on this quote that is hilarious and infuriating at the same time

• Angry
Reactions: CrimsonCats
I thought the team played really well overall. The best game we've played this season by far. Not sure that says a lot.

I disagree with the the 4th quarter, 4th down decision to punt. There's no reason to think we'll get be in a better situation to score at that point and our defense is playing better than our offense. Why return the ball voluntarily with 3 minutes in a 1 point game?

I love my Cats, but damn, tonight especially is frustrating.

Reactions: Girthang
Unless our coaching staff can get Vandergriff to unload quickly on some NFL timing routes, he'll never get us there. Brown and Key are fast enough to get open and will be effective in the pros. Vandergriff, well, the jury is out.

Reactions: Girthang
Stoops on the the late 4th down “ I don’t regret punting the ball. I felt like if we went there and didn’t make it, our offense would have had to go the length and f th field. In a predictable pass situation, that’s not our situation. There was plenty of time to pin em back”.
- so much on this quote that is hilarious and infuriating at the same time
Exactly what happened anyways after punting it. We just had even less time to work with if we had gone for it on 4th down. Only needed 8 yards and then we could have milked it for a field goal to try and win it or go for a TD. We don’t get it and we still are in the same situation with Georgia trying to milk the clock instead of scoring. Instead we end up needing like 67 yards and we throw it 5 to end the game. It’s a freaking clown show run by a chickensh*t coach.

Exactly what happened anyways after punting it. We just had even less time to work with if we had gone for it on 4th down. Only needed 8 yards and then we could have milked it for a field goal to try and win it or go for a TD.

And that's what makes the decision to throw on straight downs completely foolish. If we ran the offense as we had been successfully doing so, predicated on run first and set up occasional passes, we're not looking at 4th and long anyway. That's what makes it excruciating.

You had to know, as a coach at this level, that you're looking at a last drive scenario for UK in that situation. You have to be looking at each series of downs as 4 down territory. If we run the offense that was productive for us, and use all 4 downs, WE ARE running the clock down instead of them, putting the pressure on them, riding momentum with them on their heels, and all we need is a FG with a TD being a bonus.

Instead we revert to what wasn't working for us and saw the fruit of it

Reactions: KyCatFan
On the last play I would have sent two WR's for a bomb on each side of the field and let the pass fly to the one most open with the hope we could get an interference call. Why did we not do it that way? And if it worked that time then do it again to try and get another interference call then we could have kicked the FG. I hate the lateral play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT