ADVERTISEMENT

Game Plan for Kansas?

RBAYgtB.png

Only one thing wins this game. Screw the three pointers and all the small bf all offensive drivel. Forget running. Fool’s gold. Passing is what we need offensively.

You shut down their guards. Defense by our back court wins this game. Turn them over. Keep the ball out of Kansas front line. Slow them down. If Kansas front line gets involved, we lose with our current injuries.

What do you guys think? What will it take to beat Kansas tomorrow night?

Would love your thoughts, but my quick points below:

1. Double-team Dickinson. The double should come from one place every time- either from whoever is guarding Harris (their PG), or whoever is guarding Adams. Push a hard double team and make Dickinson become a decision-maker and get it out of his hands, or make him force things. But the help every time has to come from whoever is guarding Harris or Adams, and the rest be ready to "scramble" and rotate.

2. RUN! We need to push the pace on every. single. play. Makes, misses, or turnovers, it doesn't matter, RUN! Believe it or not, Kansas may have an even shorter bench than we do without the bigs, and we need to make Dickinson run up and down.

3. Play through the vets early: Draw up plays that go through Mitchell and Reeves early to let the freshman settle in...and then let go of the reigns and let them play!

4. CAL: DON'T MICROMANAGE! Let these guys go! Let Dilly be Dilly! Let Reed pressure, let Wagner play the passing lanes- looking for Cal to show for the first time, in a REAL game, that he is committed to this new style and won't micromanage the game or yank guys at their first mistake.

Just some of my initial thoughts: what do you guys think we need to do to win tomorrow?
You and Cal both thought it would be a great idea to leave Harris open all night. Excellent game plan.

Reactions: SmorgusKilos96er
You and Cal both thought it would be a great idea to leave Harris open all night. Excellent game plan.

Yeah because everyone including yourself predicted that a career 21% 3FG shooter would bang in 5 of them tonight.

But you're totally right- Hunter Dickinson didn't end up hurting us at all, only 27 points and 22 rebounds.

Another genius take from @CincyUKFan haha the basketball knowledge just overflows.

Yeah because everyone including yourself predicted that a career 21% 3FG shooter would bang in 5 of them tonight.

But you're totally right- Hunter Dickinson didn't end up hurting us at all, only 27 points and 22 rebounds.

Another genius take from @CincyUKFan haha the basketball knowledge just overflows.
I believe what you have done here is called a “self-own.”

20-21 - 64%
21-22 - 32%
22-23 - 40.5%

And he’s now 62.5% this season.

So tell me how you came up with 21%? Your basketball knowledge is really overflowing with that statistic 😂😂

Only one thing wins this game. Screw the three pointers and all the small bf all offensive drivel. Forget running. Fool’s gold. Passing is what we need offensively.

You shut down their guards. Defense by our back court wins this game. Turn them over. Keep the ball out of Kansas front line. Slow them down. If Kansas front line gets involved, we lose with our current injuries.
Wow, Captain Obvious chimes in...let's break this down, shall we?

"Only one thing wins this game" - followed by SIX things...LOL

Then he comes with the "you shut down their guards...turn them over." Really? Well why didn't you say so? My Gawd, somebody get on the horn to Calipari and tell him that all we had to do was shut down their guards and turn them over. I mean, with genius, award winning posts like this, how are you not President of the World by now?

I heard you're coming out with a new book, Captain Obvious...what was the title again?

Oh yeah:

"What to do when your car breaks down" by kybassfan.

Step 1. Pull over to the side of the road.
Step 2. Diagnose and make repairs.
Step 3. Resume your journey.

Wow, what a man! Tell us more about how we could have won the game!

Then he comes with the "you shut down their guards...turn them over." Really? Well why didn't you say so? My Gawd, somebody get on the horn to Calipari and tell him that all we had to do was shut down their guards and turn them over. I mean, with genius, award winning posts like this, how are you not President of the World by now?

I heard you're coming out with a new book, Captain Obvious...what was the title again?

Oh yeah:

Context is your friend. Every one screaming I hope we shoot, I hope we shoot I hope we shoot. Screaming and wailing I hope we shoot.

Bottom line that was way down the list on things that had to work right. Their front line was going to kill us. Not a damn thing we could do to stop it. The only option we had was to attack the ball in the back court. We did. It damn near worked. I suggest you learn the game. Shooting is rarely your first concern. Right now, defense, passing and rebounding are vastly more important. Defense killed us. We scored enough to win. We gave up too many points. We didn’t even shoot that great but defense let us down.

Oh yeah:

One ... six who is counting?

Bass would praise Cal if UK went 0 and 32.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT