ADVERTISEMENT

GAMBOL

:football::football::football::football::football::football::football::football:

Sports is back. Post your hot takes and stone cold lead pipe locks here.

[cheers]

Every year about this time I wish that I had bought a bunch of Phil Steele mags a month ago and studied up to take advantage of the first two weeks.

Okie State -18
Notre Dame -17.5
Vandy -3.5
LSU - 14.5

Live chalk the first couple weeks before Vegas figures shit out.

Hate to say it, but my first take is that Southern Miss +10 looks pretty attractive. Just think UK will not be hitting on all cylinders especially on offense right out of the gate. MIght even lose again. (GOD, I HATE MYSELF!! :weary:)

I also would not be surprised if Florida State gives Bama all they want and maybe even wins outright. Not often you can get a no. 2 or 3 ranked FSU +7 or so.

In a pickem league. Ohio st -20.5 @ IU. IU old HC is now Ohio st OC. Last game OSU played, lost 41-0 vs Clemson. Pissed off all summer. OSU very good dline. IU has covered 6 straight vs OSU. Return 9 starters on D. Game is at home, Thursday night. Ive gone back and forth at least 6 times.

Vandy -3.5 AppSt+14.5 Maryland+18.5

I hope some of you took the free money that was OSU -10 2H last night.

I looked at the line and had a double take. Nice start to the year :boxing:

I did not. I did however bet more than normal on Okie State. Absolute easy money. They are a really nice team and would not be shocked to see them in the playoffs. I think they beat Oklahoma.

Wanted to play Ohio State -20.5, but felt so good about the OK St game. I did not want to lose too much on opening night, especially betting what i did on the game.

3-0 start to season.

Ok St 1H -10 (this line was a joke)
Ohio St -20
Ohio St 2H O27.5

Tried to get in a halftime bet for Ok St., but system jammed on me. I haven't had a winning season in CFB in years, so at least I didn't start in the hole...then again, it's not Saturday yet. :grimace:

-I'm also in a Pick'em league for the 1st time, got around 100 dudes -- Pick 3 lines per week, standard stuff. Set Lines come out Monday on the email, and picks are due Wednesday...so there are chances for value after movement.

This week I have:

Ok St -16.5
Colorado St. +4.5
Purdue +26.5

Leans tonight - have not pulled the trigger yet.

E. Michigan -14 v/s Charlotte. More of a fade of Charlotte, they are awful.

Colorado St. +3.5 v/s Colorado - may even dab at the ML. C-State is the better team.

Whiskey -27.5 v/s Utah State - Kind of like last nights games, really good teams against bad ones. 27.5 at home, sounds good.

Not a bad night. 2-1 on posted plays. Lost the Colorado St game, sweated out the E. Michigan but won. Did hit Whiskey for second half, but i did not post that so not counting it.

3-1 so far.

Ok St. -18 (thur) W
E. Mich -14 W
Co. St. +3.5 L
Wiskey -27.5 W

Have ND , Vandy, And LSU today.

Hate to say it, but my first take is that Southern Miss +10 looks pretty attractive. Just think UK will not be hitting on all cylinders especially on offense right out of the gate. MIght even lose again. (GOD, I HATE MYSELF!! :weary:)

SMiss +10 was a gift and they could have won easily were it not for their own self destruction...or by choosing the wrong QB to start the game. Awful performance from both teams.

Reactions: Tskware
SMiss +10 was a gift and they could have won easily were it not for their own self destruction...or by choosing the wrong QB to start the game. Awful performance from both teams.

And naturally, I did not bet the game nor did I bet on the O/U of 58 which was also a gift. :cry:

7/8 on the days parlay. Paid out $9k. I will hate mark stoops and myself for most of the day today.

I bet everything in my Bovada account on the Cats moneyline except for 10 cents. It was a terrible bet but it was mostly their money so I took a chance. I gambol'd.

That story about Howard is quite possibly a gambol nightmare! Eventually that type of line is busted, but to be the team to win as a 45 pt underdog is nuts.

My book doesn't even offer moneyline after +20 or so.

That Wisconsin halftime bet of -14 was easy money. The tide was obviously turning before half and they ended up covering for the whole game in the second half.

Not a bad night. 2-1 on posted plays. Lost the Colorado St game, sweated out the E. Michigan but won. Did hit Whiskey for second half, but i did not post that so not counting it.

3-1 so far.

Ok St. -18 (thur) W
E. Mich -14 W
Co. St. +3.5 L
Wiskey -27.5 W
NDame - 17.5 W
Vandy -3.5 W
LSu -14.5 W

Have ND , Vandy, And LSU today.

Nice little start. 3-0 saturday and none of them was ever challenged.

6-1 on posted bets. 7-1 total. Not betting tonight's game, my bookie is not getting a chance to get some back.

Ok St. -18.5 W
E. Mich -14 W
Col St. +3.5 L
Wiskey -27.5 W
NDame -17.5 W
Vandy -3.5 W
LSU -14.5 W

Only L was taking points. Definitely a chalk week for me. Usually is the 1st couple weeks.

Last edited:
Touch it, i am a degenerate. $50 on UT -3. Smaller than normal play, because i just did it for action and to make the game more watchable.

Well it did not take long for the thread to fade into irrelevance. No post since Monday. I will try to keep it alive.

7-2 YTD

Texas -25 - Just feel San Jose State is really bad and Texas has the horses to out run them.

Arkansas +2.5 - not real strong on this one, but SEC team getting points at home.

UCLA -23 - The rally last week will spark them and they roll. Hawaii gave up 35 v/s UMASS, Rosen may drop 80 on them.

South Carolina +3 - think wrong team is favored. ML possible.

Miss State -9.5 - under double digits and they play La.Tech. Yes please.

I hah

South Carolina to win

Parlay: south car to win and Uga to win
Felt very strongly about those

And then I stupidly had
South car Win
Uga win
UCLA to cover
And western freaking Kentucky to cover

And they havnt even scored

I don't know why I picked that game, I felt very confident in my other picks and also very confident in Alabama to not cover. Should have added them

0BV0EXX.png

Nice run to finish up today after a not so nice weekend last weekend.

We will see. I could see it betting wise as a trap line. Legit USC should be the favorite, but that's what trap lines are about.

Technically by the numbers we have a higher rank than USC. We started the day higher and beating EKU and Missouri isn't going to make much of a difference either way.

As I said it won't be much of a line at all.

Bovada didn't have the UK game up until late and then they put it UK -34. Ha, couldn't pass that up. Since I bet against the Cats covering, I thought I might as well bet on Louisville to cover. That was enough for today.

Any of you guys play NFL? I don't touch that stupid league. Absolutely unpredictable.

I don't touch anything for a few weeks really. A lot of people tend to think early is the only time to beat Vegas and I disagree.

Of course I'm not trying to beat Vegas just a few spreads a week!

If I was picking today the only games I'd like are Houston -5 and Cinci -3

And that same link I sent last night has an update with us to win by a TD.

Also you took a small piece of what I said as fact, when I said I could see it set as a trap line.

And that same link I sent last night has an update with us to win by a TD.

Also you took a small piece of what I said as fact, when I said I could see it set as a trap line.

Baha alright man. The only thing I took exception with (and others) was that you could see UK opening as favorites. That's idiotic.

Reactions: Kentucky81
So I'm an idiot for thinking a line could be U.K. -2, when oddsshark has them winning by a TD?

I mean I get it because it's a road SEC game, but when you look at the stats, rankings and game predictions where we are considered to win the game.

I am an idiot though so kudos to you man!

Another great week 5-1 (12-3 overall for 1st two weeks.)

Texas -25 - won 56-0.
UCLA -23 - won 56-23
SC +3 - won 31-13 out right
SC Money line
Miss ST -9.5 won 57-21
Arkansas +2.5 LOST 28-7

None of the wins where ever in doubt. Now i am waiting for the Gambling Gods to unleash its wrath on me (not if, but when), but going to ride this wave until it crashes.

GL week 3

Another great week 5-1 (12-3 overall for 1st two weeks.)

Texas -25 - won 56-0.
UCLA -23 - won 56-23
SC +3 - won 31-13 out right
SC Money line
Miss ST -9.5 won 57-21
Arkansas +2.5 LOST 28-7

None of the wins where ever in doubt. Now i am waiting for the Gambling Gods to unleash its wrath on me (not if, but when), but going to ride this wave until it crashes.

GL week 3

Nice week.

I also had a decent week with one pick pending

Sc money line

UCLA- what a gift that was

Georgia money line

Lost on wku

Shit the bed on Alabama failing to cover. I knew they wouldn't cover 45 against 99% of teams. Not because they can't, but saban.

Dallas -6.5 win

Denver +.5 second half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT