ADVERTISEMENT

Fundraiser for people killed and injured by anti Trump killer.

As I said in a previous post, on one ballot I've voted for a democrat, a republican, and an independent. People are complicated, esp. dipshits who think doing this was correct in any way. Right now, we don't have conclusive evidence one way or another. Registered republican, donated to a cause on the left, knew explosives and firearms well, etc. Before the sun came up, you were ready to blame leftists in general. Like, millions of people because this nut chose to do this. I'm relieved you don't work for the FBI with how badly you wanted to paint this as "leftists are killing republicans again." Thank god Trump is okay but you're not going to make people who feel differently than you politically feel guilty as if this happened because someone out there is a liberal.
The fund for the victims is over $2million. Thanks to people who donated. the daughter of the man killed, released a nice statement about him.

I'm glad you think the biggest takeaway was that I think it was a leftist that shot at Trump.... Always worried about other people.

God help us all.
I denounce all political violence. I thought it was wrong when Rand Paul was attacked... twice. I thought it was wrong when a Bernie volunteer shot up a congressional baseball practice. I thought it was wrong when a guy tried to kill a Supreme court judge. I even condemn the man that tried to approach RFK jr with a gun while he was speaking at an event.... I actually think he should be given SS protection but for reason he's not. I called out anyone who was violent on J6 but I don't think everyone in attendance deserves to go to jail.

While I joked about the Pelosi attack the truth is that the attacker should have been deported years ago. He had a criminal history and was here illegally. My joke on that was more about the irony of the attacker benefiting from the policies of Pelosi.

I denounce all political violence. I thought it was wrong when Rand Paul was attacked... twice. I thought it was wrong when a Bernie volunteer shot up a congressional baseball practice. I thought it was wrong when a guy tried to kill a Supreme court judge. I even condemn the man that tried to approach RFK jr with a gun while he was speaking at an event.... I actually think he should be given SS protection but for reason he's not. I called out anyone who was violent on J6 but I don't think everyone in attendance deserves to go to jail.

While I joked about the Pelosi attack the truth is that the attacker should have been deported years ago. He had a criminal history and was here illegally. My joke on that was more about the irony of the attacker benefiting from the policies of Pelosi.

You should call those things out. I called those things out. There is no place for political violence in this country. Period. This is not how are country should operate.

But you seem to ignore the myriad of examples of extremist right wing violence and calls to violence.

https://www.wired.com/story/trump-shooting-far-right-calling-for-violence-war/

Reactions: RunninRichie
You should call those things out. I called those things out. There is no place for political violence in this country. Period. This is not how are country should operate.

But you seem to ignore the myriad of examples of extremist right wing violence and calls to violence.

I did and do. Your link shows lots of people responding to actual violence by threatening to return violence. I'm not sure if you don't notice the difference or don't care.... You seem to think the reaction to a violent attack is the same as the initial attack. that just seems weird to me.

You're a solid dude, Ron.

Me being long-winded at times has no bearing on what we're discussing. I can't speak in memes or get thoughts out in a couple sentences. If that bothers you, please skip over any future posts I make. It's fine. I skip over lots of posts.

I once posted a clip of someone harassing a doctor at his home over covid, which is insane behavior. You took it as some sort of slight towards the homeowner while telling me covid had screwed with you mentally. I suggested if that was the case, perhaps leaving the subject in the past for awhile might be best for your mental health. If you felt I came at you in any way then I do apologize. In the last few years, posters have called me every -ist you can think of to goat me into constant arguments and you won't find a post of mine that's outrageous or crazy in any way. It is what it is and sometimes I fall for it. Currently, I've had a stalker on ignore for the last couple years, so that's enjoyable.

I've said many times in the political thread that liberals largely suck and there's extremism on both sides, but I am a democrat so naturally I'm going to give that position more than a right-leaning one. Shocker, I know. I've already said what happened yesterday was horrific, but it's fair to point out that posters who want to turn this into a "everything bad that happens is because of the left" have dabbled in the same hateful, partisan talk here, sometimes daily. Do you want me to ignore when a poster says he'd like to shoot liberals or when a poster says he wishes a politician's husband should've been killed? You don't see those posts because you're smart enough to stay out of those types of threads lol.

Lastly, what have I said today that's incorrect? The OP at four this morning already concluded that leftists are killing republicans again! At this point and time, that's false and agenda-driven. Appreciate your post, but maybe don't put me on a gotcha pedestal as some here are posting nothing but "IT'S THE LEFT AGAIN...THEY'RE ALL TRASH AND WANNA KILL US!" It might not be your fault though, you may just have those posters on ignore so all you're seeing is me pointing out the occasional hypocrisy. Honestly, that's probably it. Anyway, have a good one!

Appreciate the initial compliment, and to be fair to you, you are right. I don’t see 95% of the political posts and I have about 70 people on ignore (I’m very liberal with the ignore button) so I’m pretty sheltered from a lot of nuts. I would also add that based on a lot of hmt5000s posts that if I saw his internet history my head would probably explode. I do, however, see a lot of posts from you telling everyone to chill out that aren’t really that chill. I’ll drop the little COVID thing as I’ve personally moved on, so all good. Either way wish you well and I’ll move on.

Agreed. You show me where democrats are getting shot by the right and I will immediately call it out and anyone who called for it.
That time sadly is coming and it will be ugly. It would be here today if things were an inch different and will most likely be here after November.

Good job citing your work there. Anonymous sources from X.

Most of the extremist rhetoric is on the left.

Most is fair, but it’s probably closer than you think.
Not by people in power. Yeah, there are lots of right wing nuts. Anonymous posters on a pro- Trump message board posting is not the same as a Congressman advocating violence.

And one more thing, do we even know this guy's motive yet? There is the possibility that he is apolitical. That he just wanted to do something big. It would be crazy if a civil war broke out over that.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Not by people in power. Yeah, there are lots of right wing nuts. Anonymous posters on a pro- Trump message board posting is not the same as a Congressman advocating violence.

And one more thing, do we even know this guy's motive yet? There is the possibility that he is apolitical. That he just wanted to do something big. It would be crazy if a civil war broke out over that.

Stop with this. I can play the game, but it's not going to prove anything. It's all two sides of the same coin.

Stop with this. I can play the game, but it's not going to prove anything. It's all two sides of the same coin.
Hey are you still on the Trump didn't get shot train? Those exploding teleprompters are a b****.

Go ahead and show me people on the right in power making similar claims.

Your insistence on believing CNN last night makes you look like a total douchebag.

I think the fact that the first thing a lot of people from both sides’ first thought was “I hope he plays for the other team” is a big problem. Because one lunatic with obvious issues decided to do a despicable thing doesn’t mean everyone on his side of the aisle is also responsible.

I think the fact that the first thing a lot of people from both sides’ first thought was “I hope he plays for the other team” is a big problem. Because one lunatic with obvious issues decided to do a despicable thing doesn’t mean everyone on his side of the aisle is also responsible.

That’s the game though. It’s just like every other mass shooting in that regard. To some it’s not really even about people dying or Trump being shot, it’s about exploiting the crisis to push an agenda… and it’s the same thing over and over and over.

Our culture is kind of ****ed up.

That’s the game though. It’s just like every other mass shooting in that regard. To some it’s not really even about people dying or Trump being shot, it’s about exploiting the crisis to push an agenda… and it’s the same thing over and over and over.

Our culture is kind of ****ed up.
I have not seen an act of violence perpetrated by the right since the assassination attempt.

Nobody looted any stores to steal any Gucci bags. But hey it's the right that is the problem.

This can’t be said often enough. Anytime there’s any kind of tragedy involving a gun and a mentally deranged individual, both sides skip offering condolences to the victims or expressing horror at the situation and run straight into hoping the assailant(s) is on the “other” side.

If said assailant is on the other side, victory is declared. If the assailant is on the “same” side, that person was either posing as part of that side to make it look bad or they trot out the lone wolf thing.

This shit ain’t team sports.

Im a big fan of this guy. He’s just a historian from Ohio but the core of his YouTube channel is as a historian reacting to historical documentaries and editorials:

I think he’s even a Republican if you actually care about that. But the reason I’m positing this is for the historical perspective of assassinations in America (and before America).

Check out his other stuff if you’re into history.

There is no great mystery as to why political violence (and I’m expressly including riots and rioters masquerading as political expression) has mainly emanated from the left in the last two decades- it’s hard to be an extremist when you have a mortgage, a family to take care of, and guiding principals that forbid those behaviors.

There is no great mystery as to why political violence (and I’m expressly including riots and rioters masquerading as political expression) has mainly emanated from the left in the last two decades- it’s hard to be an extremist when you have a mortgage, a family to take care of, and guiding principals that forbid those behaviors.

So democrats don’t have jobs, houses, etc? Broad brush much? And don’t sugar coat “guiding principles”. Just say Jesus. Because everyone who doesn’t believe in him is a leftist rioter, right?

Respond to me!

Here you go

My side-gooder
Your side-worser

This has been the polticial thread, summed up in 2 fragments.

One side: Muh team good, your team bad (overlooks/excuses bad things muh team does)

Other side: No. Muh team good. Your team bad. (overlooks/excuses bad things muh team does)

Anyone who believes either side is “good” while the other is “bad” is either naive or stupid.

The political thread on this board is a great example. Go with flow or get dogpiled and anyone who votes ______ is bad, blah, blah, blah. No real points are ever made. Just name calling and regurgitating tweets from random like-minded politicos with as much credibility as a whino eating out of a dumpster. Good entertainment, tho.

I mean, it ain't changing. When folks on social media began doing their own detective work on mass shooters just to find out if that person was a democrat or a republican, just to find a reason to blame the other side and never for a moment think of the victims, we crossed a point of no return for some and it became a game for them of sorts.

When politics becomes your whole identity, you get attention, but you don't actually seem like a happy person anymore, at least, not online.

But, will you donate to the families of the fallen?

One side: Muh team good, your team bad (overlooks/excuses bad things muh team does)

Other side: No. Muh team good. Your team bad. (overlooks/excuses bad things muh team does)

Anyone who believes either side is “good” while the other is “bad” is either naive or stupid.

The political thread on this board is a great example. Go with flow or get dogpiled and anyone who votes ______ is bad, blah, blah, blah. No real points are ever made. Just name calling and regurgitating tweets from random like-minded politicos with as much credibility as a whino eating out of a dumpster. Good entertainment, tho.

Some of the best shit on the internet, really. Amazing that so many like minded crazies found their way to the same obscure message board.

Modern politics are nothing more than team sports. You cheer for your team over the other teams. Everything your team does is amazing and awe inspiring. The other team is a cheater, weak, and just awful.

Just sit back and watch with popcorn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT