ADVERTISEMENT

Funchester Tevee - Missing Content

May 18, 2024
There used to be a YouTube channel called “Funchester Teevee” that was amazing but it no longer exists and I really wish there was something like it today. They had a ridiculous amount of classic video, including all of the 90s documentaries like Clawing to the Top, Top Cats, Season of Dreams, etc.

I found there was this excellent resource for classic UK basketball video preservation but the 1993-94 season, 2003-04 season and documentaries aren’t on that website. Does anyone know where digital games can be found for those seasons or documentaries? I’d love to know more if anyone has any help or insight at all, since YouTube just has very little on those two years and none of those documentaries.

That was ran by a member here Blue World Order I'm pretty sure.
I think it's shut down due to copyright issues but don't quote me on the 2nd part.

Maybe he has a drop box or something it would definitely be nice, maybe he can share some info here.

It's mine, the funchester site isn't shutdown https://w1ldc4ts.wixsite.com/funchester3

The YouTube channel did shut down due to copyright...I never retried to do it again because the same thing would happen again
You, sir, are a legend of the highest order. Will you be adding the documentaries to that website such as clawing to the top, unknown unranked unforgettable and such that were on the YouTube channel back in the day? Also, the 1994 and 2004 season are missing…would you consider adding those to the page at some point? I’d be happy to support you however you prefer!

It's ridiculous in this day and age that the school can't have a library that you could subscribe to to watch old games. All this copyright garbage is ruining things. I understand sharing it can be an issue if done by the fans, but the school or whomever is the owner of the rights is missing out on a lucrative business. I'd pay like $10 a month to have access to every UK game in all sports that is available. A Netflix for UK sports.

Chester are you the one that calls in to ksr radio sometimes just curious
no that's not me. That guy has an intense passion. My name isn't Chester, the term funchester is just a play on words with the City of Winchester

Reactions: chroix
This account has. Lot of recent games and a slew of games from the 2015 season and more.

2011-2012 final four and much more. No clue how they stay up!

Hoops cats games

I have no idea how they've stayed up either. Kind of pisses me off that I have been targeted a lot, way back in the justin tv days. I got an IP ban on that site where others who streamed the same stuff... made me go WTF.

I would start over again but it's such hard work and then not knowing what games got it shut down. Felt like when I started The first Cal season is when all hell broke loose. I just can't be for sure.

You, sir, are a legend of the highest order. Will you be adding the documentaries to that website such as clawing to the top, unknown unranked unforgettable and such that were on the YouTube channel back in the day? Also, the 1994 and 2004 season are missing…would you consider adding those to the page at some point? I’d be happy to support you however you prefer!
Thanks, man I appreciate the kudos. I can't reupload them on YouTube. I do have a second account not on YouTube that has games. I'm very hesitant to post it because I feel if it will get targeted like the previous youtube one got taken down.

I have no idea how they've stayed up either. Kind of pisses me off that I have been targeted a lot, way back in the justin tv days. I got an IP ban on that site where others who streamed the same stuff... made me go WTF.

I would start over again but it's such hard work and then not knowing what games got it shut down. Felt like when I started The first Cal season is when all hell broke loose. I just can't be for sure.

When I see posts like this I get worried it’s some jackass trying to get you shut down. I wish other people would stop sharing your info with posters with one post.

Thanks, man I appreciate the kudos. I can't reupload them on YouTube. I do have a second account not on YouTube that has games. I'm very hesitant to post it because I feel if it will get targeted like the previous youtube one got taken down.
I was referring to “the website”. The link for the 2003-04 season and the 1993-94 season have nothing in them. You owe me nothing but I’m saying if you found the time to upload those seasons on there it would be amazing. Either way I appreciate you. Thanks for what you do for our fanbase!

It's ridiculous in this day and age that the school can't have a library that you could subscribe to to watch old games. All this copyright garbage is ruining things. I understand sharing it can be an issue if done by the fans, but the school or whomever is the owner of the rights is missing out on a lucrative business. I'd pay like $10 a month to have access to every UK game in all sports that is available. A Netflix for UK sports.
Yeah it’s just like pretty much all 80’s arcade games manufacturers (including Nintendo who could easily fix it) absolutely abandoning all those titles so no one can play them anymore legally and they themselves can’t sell them. In both cases there is big interest that would surely become a titanic market if they’d open the doors and fan the flames. But I wouldn’t think that window would stay open too much longer in either case if they keep just sitting on it.

Reactions: KyCatFan
When I see posts like this I get worried it’s some jackass trying to get you shut down. I wish other people would stop sharing your info with posters with one post.
Yeah, I've thought about that at times as well. All it takes is one person, even if its someone not intentionally meaning to do it.

I believe I ran out of room on the sites I was using the reason why they're empty. I kept meaning to go back to them but with family illness and other things going on in my personal life. all of that became less important to fool with. I will try when I get a chance to get those titles and seasons up someplace.

I was referring to “the website”. The link for the 2003-04 season and the 1993-94 season have nothing in them. You owe me nothing but I’m saying if you found the time to upload those seasons on there it would be amazing. Either way I appreciate you. Thanks for what you do for our fanbase!

• Love
Reactions: ImTheVillageIdiot
It's mine, the funchester site isn't shutdown https://w1ldc4ts.wixsite.com/funchester3

The YouTube channel did shut down due to copyright...I never retried to do it again because the same thing would happen again
There are a lot of UK games on YouTube. It's so stupid that they targeted you.
Maybe the games I see are from several different channels and since you had so many up they decided to nail you.
Either way it's pathetic.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT