ADVERTISEMENT

FREE UK Sessions SEC Tournament Lower Level tickets for Parent/Child(we have a couple of sets) . Of the thousand+ tickets given away here

bradyjames

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
Murfreesboro , TN
Of the thousands of the tickets given away here for UK football and basketball over the past 17 years this one is the most special.

This time the theme is family.

Right now, the donor of these tickets has an adult child fighting for their life. In Chris’ darkest hour here he is asking if BBN would like some free tickets. He’s always been a beacon of light for me. The type of person I want to grow to be down the road. It will be impossible. When he is in his darkest freakin’ hour he is still trying to find a way to shine light within BBN. That’s a special thing.

If you would like to attend the game. with your child or parent post below WHY you want to go. These might uplift Chris as well. This isn’t a contest for the craziest sob story. Just be authentic and tell BBN why you would like to go to the UK games with a family member. That’s right. If we win Friday you get the next days session and so on.

Last edited:
I’d like to go because neither me or my dad have ever been to an sec tournament. Although not the hugest Cal fan at the moment (as evident by the name), I’ll never stop rooting for the cats. Not positive I could work it all out, but with it being a 930 game I could probably just jump in the car after work and head down from lex. Any idea if hotels are still available in the area in case (when) we win? lol

What a fantastic gesture.

The wife and I graduated from UK and haven’t been to a game since 2018. (Had a beautiful daughter and have been busy raising her). My parents just moved up north with us, and now we have a ‘baby sitter’ aka grandma and grandpa.

We were JUST discussing taking the 14 hour road trip to watch the cats in Nashville, but decided against it because hotel + gas + tickets would be too much to make the drive. So, this would be for the wife and I to go and cheer the cats for a first time away from the little angel in a long time. Not exactly a ‘taking the kid or parent’ story, but thought I’d share.

Again, beautiful gesture. Please take care, and thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: bradyjames
Blessings for those involved in this type of thing. What a way to show you care. Good luck to whomever gets the seats.

Very nice gesture from the donor. However I am certain BBN would rather them to create the memory for themselves.

I would humbly like to apply to take my 7 year old daughter. She has never been to a live basketball event of any kind and it would be a 1st SEC tournament for us both to experience together. I have taken my son to Rupp before, but my daughter is just now getting of age to attend events like this.

Reactions: ManitouDan
What a fantastic gesture.

The wife and I graduated from UK and haven’t been to a game since 2018. (Had a beautiful daughter and have been busy raising her). My parents just moved up north with us, and now we have a ‘baby sitter’ aka grandma and grandpa.

We were JUST discussing taking the 14 hour road trip to watch the cats in Nashville, but decided against it because hotel + gas + tickets would be too much to make the drive. So, this would be for the wife and I to go and cheer the cats for a first time away from the little angel in a long time. Not exactly a ‘taking the kid or parent’ story, but thought I’d share.

Again, beautiful gesture. Please take care, and thank you.
What is your email and I will send you over two lower level tickets. Also, if you can send me your Venmo I will cover gas/food and a hotel for $500 as well.

My 12 year old granddaughter is the biggest UK fan and especially LOVES Oscar! We live outside of Nashville and never have the opportunity to go to a game because she dances competitively. Well this weekend she is free and would love to go watch her cats with grandpa! It would make her day! This may not be the most heartwarming story but is is the most sincere.

Reactions: ManitouDan
What is your email and I will send you over two lower level tickets. Also, if you can send me your Venmo I will cover gas/food and a hotel for $500 as well.
I don't even know what to say as I'm overwhelmed with emotion. This is truly something that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. I'll message you my email now.

Prayers for Chris and his family. Thank you all so much.

not sure if that is it, but if you are looking to give away two more ticket, I would love to take my son to a game. I’ve never been to an SEC tourney game, of course my son hasn’t. He is just to the age where he really cares about Basketball. Playing this winter at the Y, and tells me every day he wants to like Cason Wallace. He struggles quite a bit with being so small, but he’s fearless! If I could get a Saturday session only if we win, I’d take it. I can’t miss work on friday, and he has a game Sunday, but we are both free on Saturday!

Keep doing what you do!

Reactions: kywildcat41086
While I would love to take my daughter it just blesses my soul to see the kindness displayed by you folks for people you don't even know. Keep up the good work and may God bless your efforts.

This is an incredible way to honor Chris’s wishes.

No sob story here, I have three children. My 8 and 6 year old boys are big time UK fans. My oldest has recently really connect with Jacob Toppin and loves watching him play. It’s been a little bit of a tough year, my oldest was also recently determined to be deaf. He’s an incredible athlete and great student but this was a tough deal for our family.

Would love the opportunity to take one or both of my boys to the SEC tourney but regardless of the outcome of this post you are an incredibly generous person for doing this. God Bless!

My 12 year old granddaughter is the biggest UK fan and especially LOVES Oscar! We live outside of Nashville and never have the opportunity to go to a game because she dances competitively. Well this weekend she is free and would love to go watch her cats with grandpa! It would make her day! This may not be the most heartwarming story but is is the most sincere.
What is your email? I’ll send you tickets for Friday. If the Cats win he should forward the tickets for Saturday too.

This is incredible. How many of these tickets do you actually have? Just remarkable stuff here.

Thanks to another good Samaritan on this very board, my 8 year old son and I have Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday session tickets. We live here in the Nashville area and didn't want to spend a ton of money on these tickets. However when we clinched the 3 seed for the game Friday night, that clinched the fact that we have these tickets and none of them are for the UK game. I am going to take him out of school on Friday to go to the sessions UK is not playing in, because he is a HUGE fan of the game but an even bigger fan of UK. I don't have to give the whole run down but I've mentioned my little guy on here a thousand times. Not sure I have ever met a bigger UK fan. This past fall he got to make his first trip to Lexington and see the basketball Cats and the football Cats on the same weekend, he said it was the best weekend of his life. Just an awesome kid.

If you've already given away all you have, then great for you. This is an incredible gesture. I would throw my hat in the ring if possible.

Brady, you are the best brother!

My wife and I served as missionaries in Ecuador for almost five years and just moved back two years ago.

As a result, our 6 kiddos missed out on a lot of UK games and have never been to an SEC tournament. It is obviously a lot to ask to take such a large family to an event like that on a ministry salary!

Regardless, appreciate your generosity so much, it is truly God glorifying and the best of BBN!

Brady, you are the best brother!

My wife and I served as missionaries in Ecuador for almost five years and just moved back two years ago.

As a result, our 6 kiddos missed out on a lot of UK games and have never been to an SEC tournament. It is obviously a lot to ask to take such a large family to an event like that on a ministry salary!

Regardless, appreciate your generosity so much, it is truly God glorifying and the best of BBN!
We have two left but good news is they are Row A. Would you want to take one of the kids? Let me know asap.

• Love
Reactions: UKMKG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT