ADVERTISEMENT

Free Big Z 2.0

We going No Where .. No where if Bradshaw and Z doesnt ` get ( earn) enough clocK. to displace Ugo .. Yes he did ok today . But Ark doesnt exactly have a formidable front line ( thats being kind) . I'll stand by this .. Ugo is a project . Has potential , but as long long way from a serviceable center on a UK team , at least one that gets clock .. Was L Ware worthy of starting games last year ? Was Askew worthy ? My point is Cal has a history of screwing things up .. B Hop .. D Allen after MSU .. now Z ? Cmon the guy deserved 4-5 min to see if he could hang Thats all.. a chance .

We going No Where .. No where if Bradshaw and Z doesnt ` get ( earn) enough clocK. to displace Ugo .. Yes he did ok today . But Ark doesnt exactly have a formidable front line ( thats being kind) . I'll stand by this .. Ugo is a project . Has potential , but as long long way from a serviceable center on a UK team , at least one that gets clock .. Was L Ware worthy of starting games last year ? Was Askew worthy ? My point is Cal has a history of screwing things up .. B Hop .. D Allen after MSU .. now Z ? Cmon the guy deserved 4-5 min to see if he could hang Thats all.. a chance .
Big Z is the guy if this team is going to unlock the potential to go deep in March.

Bradshaw is just as raw as UGO

He’s 6-9/10 I would consider him a big! He plays 6’3 most of the time!
Mitchell is a soft pretty boy who doesn't like contact and doesn't like playing under the hoop. He is really a stretch four anyway.

Bradshaw needs to forget his dreams of grandeur and accept that in college he is a five. If he won't then he can go sit right next to Edwards and Onyenso can have his minutes.

Edwards and Bradshaw have averaged a COMBINED 11.5 POINTS over their last 10-games while playing 35-40 minutes per game, GOOD MANAGEMENT!! INSANITY

• Love
Reactions: March 22
Sad that Edwards gets the whole season to F$#k up, and Big Z finally gets cleared to play and CCC decides that he’s not ready.
exactly ,,. and can we say Edwards has a larger upside than Z ????? Thats my point , Not that Ugo was waaaay better than AB tonight -- HE WAS ! But Z has a huge upside and gets buried , as a player that shit messes with your head , if you have ever played you know it does . The moment you think your HC doesnt have your back .. its over

Last edited by a moderator:
I know we fell in love with Z but we need to stop obsessing over which center does what and their mins and worry about what we are actually getting out of the center position. Ugo is outplaying the other 2.

I don’t think anyone is upset Ugo is getting minutes, he deserves them IMO. But after how Bradshaw has performed for many games, how can you argue that he deserves massive minutes over Big-Z? Z has only been allowed to play limited minutes in a couple of games.

Last edited:
Z got pushed around today. He watched as Arky players grabbed rebounds on 2 trips in a row. He didn't protect the rim as good as Ugo today either. Bradshaw was aggressive on defense, but has NO offensive moves for a guy his size.

Ugo may be a "project", but he plays hard, knows how to defend in the paint and DUNKS IT whenever he gets to the rim.

But where Z needs to play is the 3 or 4.

I’ll find the clip after the game. But Cal said he won’t be playing much due to being behind. Id like to know how a guy who’s been practicing mostly every day since he got his practice waiver. And a guy who made his first 4 threes, grabbed 2 steals and blocked 2 balls is behind. Meanwhile Bradshaw hasn’t hit a 3 in 4 games and still can’t keep his hands up on defense isn’t behind according to Cal? What a clown.
Behind? I’ve never seen our other plays shoot like he did or have a perfect behind-the-back.

Z got pushed around today. He watched as Arky players grabbed rebounds on 2 trips in a row. He didn't protect the rim as good as Ugo today either. Bradshaw was aggressive on defense, but has NO offensive moves for a guy his size.

Ugo may be a "project", but he plays hard, knows how to defend in the paint and DUNKS IT whenever he gets to the rim.

But where Z needs to play is the 3 or 4.
Z only played 2 mins though so it’s pretty hard to judge him . Cal hasn’t allowed him to get in any kind of rhythm and it’s mind boggling after watching what he did the first game

Allen sucks. He sucks at wku.

You mentioning him loses all credibility

Guy shows more talent in 10-15 minutes than Bradshaw and Ugo combined .. IMO Ugo is a project .. we win Nothing .. nothing at all with him playing much .. but yet we have a 7 footer that looks like Bird on the court and he cant get on the floor . WTH is happening here ?
Seems like sometimes Cal does not like to play a guy when that player is perceived as a fan favorite. Not always, but most times.

Z only played 2 mins though so it’s pretty here to judge him . Cal hasn’t allowed him to get in any kind of rhythm and it’s mind boggling after watching what he did the first game
Cal should be playing him over Bradshaw and Edwards. Those 2 played much more than Z and failed to even score 1 point.

Big Z is skilled enough to play the 3/4/5. Cal has spewed for years that he wanted a 7' PG and Z could probably play there too if needed.

But the Klutch hold on Cal is STRONG.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Yeah, I get it why Z is back in bench shackles, he gets punked. he gets dunked on. I mean all he has to do is close off the baseline drive with wide spread legs and that Arky big did hook him, but he disappeared, Z is no alpha. Ugo seems to have the most testosterone of the three. And he's no Bill Russell. I think Cal could go back to small ball like early in season.

Yeah CCC knows Big-Z can make the league, but his 5-star Bradshaw needs the PT right now to “prove” himself I guess. Gotta make sure it goes well for him on draft night.
Bradshaw has to play, that was promised to klutch
He misses dunks and can't catch a pass

Guy shows more talent in 10-15 minutes than Bradshaw and Ugo combined .. IMO Ugo is a project .. we win Nothing .. nothing at all with him playing much .. but yet we have a 7 footer that looks like Bird on the court and he cant get on the floor . WTH is happening here ?

Ugo has brought more than either right now. Big Z is not ready to play many minutes in a game like that.

Reactions: Sejonesy
Yep. That’s what I was trying to remember. Don’t forget Bryce Hopkins scoring 27 against LSU. Cal saying he has to find ways to get him in the game more. Then he never played another minute.
Ah the legend of that one LSU game. How did Hopkins getting 13 and 4 that game morph into him scoring 27 lol?

I would agree with the premise that you need to get Z some minutes, but this wasn’t necessarily the game for it. Ugo held his own out there tonight.

I gotta be honest. He gets handled under the basket, and he has no idea how to establish position. Like a traditional Euro big he doesn't handle contact well.

He should be getting some minutes though. Play him as a spot up 4 to open up the lane and let him shoot over his man.
He’s better away from the basket tbh. I don’t care if he’s 7’2, he needs to be out on the perimeter imo (spacing and shooting).

Ah the legend of that one LSU game. How did Hopkins getting 13 and 4 that game morph into him scoring 27 lol?

I would agree with the premise that you need to get Z some minutes, but this wasn’t necessarily the game for it. Ugo held his own out there tonight.
Play him over Bradshaw. Not Ugo.

Allen sucks. He sucks at wku.

You mentioning him loses all credibility
For the most part he did , Correct , but the BS of not giving him due for saving Cal's ass that night was worthy of buying some good will. Instead he got next to nothing , maybe even a reverse form of good will .. I know thats split milk but lets not rewrite history on the immediate aftermath of DA's heroic's , even if he did crash back to earth .

Z only played 2 mins though so it’s pretty hard to judge him . Cal hasn’t allowed him to get in any kind of rhythm and it’s mind boggling after watching what he did the first game
Z is getting the Bryce Hopkins treatment.

He's going to end up wishing he stayed home instead of coming back. Gets screwed by the NCAA and will end up where Cal hasn't seen him.

I'm more worried about winning than the draft. Ugo isn't a projected pick like Bradshaw and Z so why are you complaining?

We won. Ugo blocked several shots. Cal pulled the strings to win. Do you want a projected pick to play over a guy who helps us win or what?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT