ADVERTISEMENT

Freddie Maggard Football Return Theories...

CaytsBy90

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2020
"Full disclosure, I have not spoken with anyone at UK about the team’s re-entry to campus, but I do have a few theories:

1. Bring back the starters in the first group of 30-40 players in order to maximize the time on campus preparing for the season. This obviously includes the quarterbacks who missed out on valuable practice time due to the cancellation of spring practice and potential contributors that are rehabilitating injuries.

2. Go in reverse order. Bring back the freshmen first to get in extra work then phase in the return of the more experienced players that should be held to a higher standard and expected to have worked out on their own during quarantine. This is the way it used to work during fall camp. Freshmen were brought in a week early to become familiar with practice tempo and terminology prior to bringing back the older players.

It will be interesting to see how UK and other SEC programs will execute the player’s return. The success, or lack thereof, of this process could mean the differences in wins and losses during a potentially condensed season. We’ll see."

via KentuckySportsRadio.com

I thought it was already set that first 30-40 would be the players that are in Kentucky already. Then 10-20 players each group 4-5 days apart?

I read it that Freddy knew the numbers coming, and when, but is suggesting who the first, second, etc., groups should be.

As best as I can tell UK doesn't have a choice in that matter. In state and players who lived here this spring are first back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT