ADVERTISEMENT

Florida NIL Mess

Whatever we paid for Devin Leary (and no doubt we did), it is such a more value spend than Florida for Rashada or Knoxville for Niko
Is it? Who was the last QB you knew to recover from a torn pec? And I can explain to how Nico’s NIL works or do you just want to assume they gave him 8 million cash because that works for me too. Gets good players curious and on campus.

Is it? Who was the last QB you knew to recover from a torn pec? And I can explain to how Nico’s NIL works or do you just want to assume they gave him 8 million cash because that works for me too. Gets good players curious and on campus.
Please explain.

Was listening to a CFB podcast, someone claimed a rational explanation of the $13M & why this blew up:

-Rashada signed $6M NIL deal with Miami
-Florida was desperate for a QB, offered him $7M
-Rashada's legal team put in the contract that Florida collective would be financially responsible if Miami sued
-Florida collective agreed, not realizing what they were signing up for
-in December, smarter people read the agreement and realize they were going to owe the kid $7M, and could possibly have to pay Miami collective $6M if they sued
-7+6 = 13
-so, panicking, Florida collective in Dec sends termination of contract notice to Rashada
-Napier & Florida thought this would all be worked out, as the kid signed letter of intent
-ob the 2 sides couldn't come to a new agreement

Please explain.
Nico signed a marketing contract. It’s common with influencers and what not. It has a certain rate up to 8 million for Nico and then flips to be agency friendly after 8 million so Spyre is incentivized to get him the best deals possible (like Hyatts deal with Hyatt hotels that resulted in 3 million bucks in added revenue for Hyatt on a 6 figure deal so they made out like bandits). Like right now Nico has, let’s say a 90/10 deal in his favor up until he’s paid 8 million dollars minus any advances he’s paid. After that, it flips to a far more agency friendly deal (like 50/50) so they are incentivized to get him to that number as quickly as possible in a way that financially feasible. Nico’s one of the most followed student athletes on social media. His endorsement or appearance carries weight amongst a massive fanbase. It’s why it’s funny when a kid with DUIs like Rodriguez or someone who verbally assaulted cops like jeremy banks can’t figure out why agencies and collectives don’t wanna do deals with them anymore.

Reactions: The-Hack
During the weeks of this drama it was mentioned Rashada took a 1.5m advance from Miami when he committed there. That money is supposedly gone, UF was suppose to repay and didn't have that money either. Don't know how much is or isn't true, like you I think it should hurt them because how can any kid trust them after this mess?
Gone?!??? Already??

Nico signed a marketing contract. It’s common with influencers and what not. It has a certain rate up to 8 million for Nico and then flips to be agency friendly after 8 million so Spyre is incentivized to get him the best deals possible (like Hyatts deal with Hyatt hotels that resulted in 3 million bucks in added revenue for Hyatt on a 6 figure deal so they made out like bandits). Like right now Nico has, let’s say a 90/10 deal in his favor up until he’s paid 8 million dollars minus any advances he’s paid. After that, it flips to a far more agency friendly deal (like 50/50) so they are incentivized to get him to that number as quickly as possible in a way that financially feasible. Nico’s one of the most followed student athletes on social media. His endorsement or appearance carries weight amongst a massive fanbase. It’s why it’s funny when a kid with DUIs like Rodriguez or someone who verbally assaulted cops like jeremy banks can’t figure out why agencies and collectives don’t wanna do deals with them anymore.
Thanks!!!

I sure hope so, because a lot of these are attention seeking. People jumping just to try to get money to stay ect.

Take Goodwin for example he jumped ship then no one really actually wanted him, so he might come back, I’d already be trying to spend his scholarship 🤔. Better decide to come back before a piece is found to offer your spot to is all I know.
What is ect?

What is ect?

I mean ETC, damn auto correct but you know that.
But incase you didn’t here is a breakdown. I can assure you you do not bother me, just another pathetic soul trying to be the grammar police on a message board.

et cet·er·a
/et ˈsedərə/

adverb
adverb: etcetera
  1. used at the end of a list to indicate that further, similar items are included.
Meaning similar, get money to stay, as well as maybe more PT, Fit, how player is being used or whatever the issue is that would have a person debating putting name in portal.

Now run along and don’t come back.

Last edited:
Conclusion, Florida is a dirty program, blatantly cheating and trying to buy recruits. I guess Sunbelt Billy needs all the help he can get.

I mean ETC, damn auto correct but you know that.
But incase you didn’t here is a breakdown. I can assure you you do not bother me, just another pathetic soul trying to be the grammar police on a message board.

et cet·er·a
/et ˈsedərə/

adverb
adverb: etcetera
  1. used at the end of a list to indicate that further, similar items are included.
Meaning similar, get money to stay, as well as maybe more PT, Fit, how player is being used or whatever the issue is that would have a person debating putting name in portal.

Now run along and don’t come back.
That's sure a lot of crying and bitching over something that didn't bother you. I've seen that error so many freaking times just like lose/loose so I was curious whether it was intentional or an error. No need to spaz out on me. I'll skip on the bitch ass sounding run along stuff.

Last edited:
That is a dickhead approach to conversation imo. Welcome to ignore.
I understand abstract thought, albeit a bit salty, is hard for some to digest. The commenter wanted to role back athletes rights to the 1950s, so I made an equitable analogy to highlight the absurdity of the original comment. Next time I'll attach an explanation or not safe for sensitive eyes warning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT