ADVERTISEMENT

Fland down to 3

Yep. CB should hit Wednesday-Thursday. He’s filming his announcement video today. Decision is done and would be a shock if it’s not IU. Trilly reposted and pinned 11 gif. Might mean good news on the reclass kids for UK.
Yeah I think Kentucky gets some 25 guys and gets a portal guy maybe 2. I would be fine with that

Jasper Johnson (reclass)
Peterson (reclass)
Richmond
Knox
Quaintance
Cyril

Get 3-4 guys back and fill in the blanks with portal guys.

We will get players, I’m glad he isn’t holding out all season like Duke tells their recruits to do that we think we have a chance. Keeps us from getting better players.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I would be good with a 2024-25 backcourt of Shepherd, Dillingham and Hart plus two of the best proven 2G transfers (ideally at least one on the bigger side to play 2G/SF).

Rob is telling everyone around him he is here for one season no matter what.
If he's going to be drafted somewhere in the first 2 rounds and that's what he wants, then fine. If, as you say, he's already made it clear he's only playing one-year regardless, then the staff should be prepared for that. I would hope, however, that if he leaves after one year it is for the professional ranks and is not a transfer situation.

We’re not gonna have anyone in 2024. This is unbelievable. No one wants to play for Cal, he looks like a slob now.

I would be good with a 2024-25 backcourt of Shepherd, Dillingham and Hart plus two of the best proven 2G transfers (ideally at least one on the bigger side to play 2G/SF).
Dillingham won’t be back.

Sheppard returning is a possibility.

Hart should return.

A fairly realistic scenario for 24-25:

G Sheppard/Johnson
G Peterson/Richmond/Hart
G Knox/Thiero
F Quaintance/Burks
F Onyenso/Cyril

That’s a good squad, at least on paper.

Hart should return.

G Sheppard/Johnson
G Peterson/Richmond/Hart
G Knox/Thiero
F Quaintance/Burks
F Onyenso/Cyril

There gonna have to get a grad transfer or two who can score

Reactions: Fox2monk
Are we really worrying, complaining and predicting a bad roster for 2024-2025, in October of 2023?

Reactions: gharding07
Trilly and Andrew slater are the two I trust the most now, and one has already hinted at IU, but a lot can change between now and Friday I guess we will see

Yea, those guys are saying IU then it's done.

One of the two I referred to that was hearing good things about UK, said it's possible it's a smoke screen.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Yea, those guys are saying IU then it's done.

One of the two I referred to that was hearing good things about UK, said it's possible it's a smoke screen.
It’s still close. Trilly rarely gets it wrong but he has twice. Both times last month. All the guys who have been saying IU still say IU.

Hart should return.

G Sheppard/Johnson
G Peterson/Richmond/Hart
G Knox/Thiero
F Quaintance/Burks
F Onyenso/Cyril

That's just not good enough, bucs. "5-star" equates to talent that provides a lot of future potential. What is generally lacking is consistent efficiency, good decisions and perimeter shooting. The best college players are overwhelmingly upperclassmen because they have had time to mature and develop.

If UK is going to have its best shot at competing for a title (or even an SEC championship) they need better college players - and where those players are predicted to be drafted doesn't necessarily determine that. One freshman in the starting lineup is ok. Two maybe works if enough developed scorers and shooting from good upperclassmen is alongside. Freshmen in a supplemental (i.e., backup) role that first year is fine. But in my opinion, 3 freshmen in the starting lineup means any hope of making a title run is over before it begins.

We’re not gonna have anyone in 2024. This is unbelievable. No one wants to play for Cal, he looks like a slob now.

Oh know! If there's one thing Calipari sucks at, it's recruiting!! This is the #20 best player in the class (cumulative), have some perspective.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT