ADVERTISEMENT

First time in my life where football is more relevant than basketball

Never thought I would see the day. I actually can’t wait for the 2022 football season. Football at Kentucky is like a stock that’s climbing while basketball is stale and declining.
The first time in anyone’s life likely

Ah the Kentucky football mafia emerges. I’m a football fan. I’m a Kentucky fan. The miserable primarily football fans at Kentucky love the divide in the basketball fan base. Be happy how far football at Kentucky has come. We won’t likely ever see a SEC east championship or SEC championship but be happy with 10 wins and a bowl of fruit, flowers or music.

I love our football team but after we lost our game against Tennessee people were having meltdowns saying we will never be relevant, ha. Let's win the SEC once this century before we compare it to our basketball program.

Go Cats!!

He was Bragging about 4 straight bowl wins. That's my point
Saying we won a bowl game is equivalent to having made the NCAA tournament
Meh..there are only 2 teams that have won 4 straight bowl games in college football. Kentucky and…..Alabama. I would say that means a little more than just making the NCAA basketball tournament.

Ah the Kentucky football mafia emerges. I’m a football fan. I’m a Kentucky fan. The miserable primarily football fans at Kentucky love the divide in the basketball fan base. Be happy how far football at Kentucky has come.
I was going to “like” your post until I read the last sentence. You had it right up to here though.

Meh..there are only 2 teams that have won 4 straight bowl games in college football. Kentucky and…..Alabama. I would say that means a little more than just making the NCAA basketball tournament.
It really doesn't. 6 win team could have done the same thing

This entire discussion is irrelevant at this point in time. Football is over. We can analyze the season in it's entirely. Basketball is mid season. We have no idea how it's going to turn out. If we had this discussion immediately following the Mississippi State and Tennessee losses, this it an entirely different discussion. If Kentucky MBB makes the elite 8 or higher, this becomes a completely different discussion.

It would certainly be very fair to say that football is ascending in both respect and success. That said, I'm far from being ready to give up on our Basketball tradition just yet. There are lots of us that grew up with our basketball tradition, and and that tradition is forever imprinted on our hearts and minds, and is far greater than a coach or a season,
Actually, we have a pretty good idea.

Reactions: Kerry Kat
Never thought I would see the day. I actually can’t wait for the 2022 football season. Football at Kentucky is like a stock that’s climbing while basketball is stale and declining.
so you are ok with the football team not being capable of winning the SEC East? because UGA is currently in the way, and Bama is very likely moving east soon...it's never going to happen

UK just had more fans attend a bowl game several states away then there will be at most any basketball home game this year. That's says alot.

Look at high school sports. It's football way over basketball.

One coach is a blue collar guy, with blue collar work ethic that fields a blue collar team of players who opt in even when they have alot to lose. Even the QB sacrifices his body every game.

The other is a now white collar guy running a white collar program that has players sitting out for weeks with a hang nail.

I won't go as far as to say UK is a football school....yet....but it's absolutely no worse than equal and absolutely trending in the football direction.

Reactions: Kerry Kat and know1
Wrong. Only two teams have done it. If it's that easy why don't more do it?
Right......
I said could have
Any 6 win team can win a game against another 6 win team 4 times . Consecutive bowl wins doesn't mean a whole lot. Winning them against good teams is a Lil more impressive though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT