ADVERTISEMENT

Final 4 Thread

I'll for ten. That's pretty clean, right?

UK: 0
Kansas: 1
Duke: 1
UNC: 1
Villanova: 2
UConn: soon to be 2
Sure, but still not sure how that proves the point of there not really being parity right now. There will have been eight or nine unique winners in the last ten. Recent title game participants of Baylor, Gonzaga, Wisconsin, Texas Tech, Virginia, and Michigan. Non-blue bloods are doing better than ever before. 16 seeds are winning, 15 seeds winning is a regular occurrence. Final Fours used to be almost exclusively top 4 seeds. Now we're regularly getting 6-11 seeds making it.

If you really can't see the parity I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Sure, but still not sure how that proves the point of there not really being parity right now. There will have been eight or nine unique winners in the last ten. Recent title game participants of Baylor, Gonzaga, Wisconsin, Texas Tech, Virginia, and Michigan. Non-blue bloods are doing better than ever before. 16 seeds are winning, 15 seeds winning is a regular occurrence. Final Fours used to be almost exclusively top 4 seeds. Now we're regularly getting 6-11 seeds making it.

If you really can't see the parity I don't know what to tell you.
I think that's fair.

I just don't like when the parity excuse is used to deflect for Calipari (not saying you're doing that, but others certainly do).

The fact is that Calipari has had more talented teams than every coach he's lost to in the tournament, with the exception being perhaps UConn in 2011 (even that's a push), and perhaps Indiana (2016; although also close in talent).

Reactions: ManitouDan
Two Big East teams, UConn and Villanova, will have won 5 combined titles since Cal came here.

If we're not the gold standard, maybe we can become known as the Gilded Age standard.
UK under Cal is like the silver that turns your finger green after a while. Looks great at first but than you realize it's all fluff and no substance.

U conn has players that are just good. It's not any certain plays. They take their guy off the dribble and score. Kickout to shooters who make shots

Some coaches do their job while also knowing what to do and who to do it with. Some coaches don’t do either of the three.
Not mentioning any names, but it’s a fact some have known for 6-7 years now. Just sad really.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
U conn has players that are just good. It's not any certain plays. They take their guy off the dribble and score. Kickout to shooters who make shots

They have a nicely assembled roster that is a combo of some returnees who have improved significantly. Some transfers from Virginia Tech, East Carolina and San Diego. Then a couple of good freshmen like Clingan and Karaban-(Top 50 players both), Sanogo is kind of the Emeka Okafor of this team, a lower rated big man with potential who became a stud player. They have multi dimensional players who can shoot and handle the ball. They have stud bigs, they have depth, they’ve got all the bases covered.

They have a nicely assembled roster that is a combo of some returnees who have improved significantly. Some transfers from Virginia Tech, East Carolina and San Diego. Then a couple of good freshmen like Clingan and Karaban-(Top 50 players both), Sanogo is kind of the Emeka Okafor of this team, a lower rated big man with potential who became a stud player. They have multi dimensional players who can shoot and handle the ball. They have stud bigs, they have depth, they’ve got all the bases covered.
These Final Four teams have dudes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT