ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Elite 8 Thread

A truly mediocre season of CBB overall ends with a "well maybe I'll watch a game or check in" field. I'll watch because I enjoy the sport (god only knows I'm a glutten for punishment) but I also had De'Aaron Fox's words in my head as I watched.

Missed open shots--Check

Horrible Coaching--Check

Disgustingly Bad Officiating--Check/Check.

I thought Texas lost due to the inexperience and poor decision making of Terry down the stretch. I'm a believer that the second your team gives up an offensive rebound off a missed FT you should take a TO based on my personal experience as a Coach/fan. It leads to an immediate run you can't fight off because 1 player refuses to stay focused locked in and gives up a possession. It's to the point I can predict not just the run but the time/margin of a game they'll take the timeout to try and flip momentum. It's ALWAYS 4 pts. Terry needed a timeout immediately after that play. So his response? To play through Allen and keep he/Bishop on the court until they lost the lead? WTF?? Mitchell disappeared from the game and guys like him are needed to change momentum-they can make a putback/get a ball/block a shot to change things-but there is he is-watching Bishop. Allen piss a game away.

Then Marcus Carr--the Coach Killer--showed up. Rice is WIDE OPEN top of the key down 2 and he goes full blown "hero" and compounds the TO by fouling with them down 2 and a 13 sec difference in game/shot clocks.

As for the officials in that last TX/Miami game. They played the entire 1st Half with a total of 8 fouls for both teams. That allotment was met 4 mins into the 2nd Half for some reason?? Why? When was the last FG Miami made in this game? 4/5 min mark? No shots were made to change the game. It was strictly a FT contest. That's unwatchable and why CBB is a painful watch late in most games. Shot making is eliminated. All about who can make FT's.

Terry also talking about the Final Four instead of focus being about the game itself up 4 in that timeout--brutal.

A truly mediocre season of CBB overall ends with a "well maybe I'll watch a game or check in" field. I'll watch because I enjoy the sport (god only knows I'm a glutten for punishment) but I also had De'Aaron Fox's words in my head as I watched.

Missed open shots--Check

Horrible Coaching--Check

Disgustingly Bad Officiating--Check/Check.

I thought Texas lost due to the inexperience and poor decision making of Terry down the stretch. I'm a believer that the second your team gives up an offensive rebound off a missed FT you should take a TO based on my personal experience as a Coach/fan. It leads to an immediate run you can't fight off because 1 player refuses to stay focused locked in and gives up a possession. It's to the point I can predict not just the run but the time/margin of a game they'll take the timeout to try and flip momentum. It's ALWAYS 4 pts. Terry needed a timeout immediately after that play. So his response? To play through Allen and keep he/Bishop on the court until they lost the lead? WTF?? Mitchell disappeared from the game and guys like him are needed to change momentum-they can make a putback/get a ball/block a shot to change things-but there is he is-watching Bishop. Allen piss a game away.

Then Marcus Carr--the Coach Killer--showed up. Rice is WIDE OPEN top of the key down 2 and he goes full blown "hero" and compounds the TO by fouling with them down 2 and a 13 sec difference in game/shot clocks.

As for the officials in that last TX/Miami game. They played the entire 1st Half with a total of 8 fouls for both teams. That allotment was met 4 mins into the 2nd Half for some reason?? Why? When was the last FG Miami made in this game? 4/5 min mark? No shots were made to change the game. It was strictly a FT contest. That's unwatchable and why CBB is a painful watch late in most games. Shot making is eliminated. All about who can make FT's.

Terry also talking about the Final Four instead of focus being about the game itself up 4 in that timeout--brutal.
Yep, he was good earlier in the game, but Carr with some boneheaded plays at the end. Definitely should not have fouled there at the end, especially with Miami in the double-bonus, good FT shooter, and plenty of time to get the ball back if they get a stop.

I actually feel bad for Texas. No Disu in this game. Imagine if they had him on the floor.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT