ADVERTISEMENT

Feature Dillingham and get Z ready to play going forward.

Stretch98

Junior
Jun 4, 2007
Observations after last night:

1. Dillingham manned up after the missed FT at the end of the Florida game. He accepted the challenge of "we may lose but it won't be because of me ever again." He should start and be our Knecht and when he draws a second defender, he has the ability to pass to the man left open.

2. Ugo is helping us and will continue to develop. Bradshaw, however, gives us nothing. Z has got to be the second big and he needs increased work at practice and significant game minutes with the regular rotation starting immediately. Three bigs is one too many and Bradshaw is the one to be dropped.

3. Edwards had three big baskets in a stretch of the first half when UT was really close to blowing us out and Thiero was solid throughout. Those two need to play enough to rest Mitchell more and give him the stamina to work harder to get open. Mitchell's shots and passes are weak as hell right now.

I agree - bad starts to games mean something- start Dillingham & Sheppard with Wagner Reeves and O
If Wagner ain’t ready start Edwards at least he’s close on his misses Mitchell is clanging shits right now

It's too late in the season for major offensive shifts like that. It'd ruffle too many feathers and all heck would break loose. Then it would be all out AAU crap.

Nope, Cal is gonna ride this ship right over a waterfall. He simply isn't equipped to fix it, or have the drive too. He's just gonna be Cal. The rest of the season will be the same. But I bet we see him taking his little dismissive petty swipes at fans pretty soon.

Reactions: struggler
Minute distribution for me:

Rob - 30
Reed - 30
Reeves - 30
DJ - 25
Z - 20
Ugo - 20
Tre - 20
Thiero - 15
Edwards - 10

Less for Tre if he doesn’t get it back together.

Stop running plays for Edwards. He can increase minutes by defending and being a glue guy, picking up scraps. Cannot justify running offense for Edwards with the other weapons we have.

Edit: realize I left off Bradshaw. Oh well.

Where else but Kentucky do players who should be starting come off the bench? We’ve been told all year by Cal sycophants that it’s only minutes played that matter. Which I always thought was laughable.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
What makes this offense so dangerous is that we don’t have to rely on a featured guy. While Dilly has been amazing at multiple times this year (especially last night), he’s also gone stretches being absolutely horrible on offense. Unless he’s blazing hot, we don’t need to force our offense through one guy.

You can't let teams score in the paint easily or watch them get multiple offensive rebounds. So, all these projections of who needs to play can't simply be based upon offensive output. From the beginning Tenn was aggressive and played their game unafraid to take outside shots, drives, and defensively shutting down the interior on their end. Game after game Cal lets our opponent control the tempo, play their game, there is no effort to press, change defenses, double team the ball, nothing. His switching man to man defense has been a stinker for several years. It frequently allows a mismatch or an open look. All I know is in our losses the other teams are comfortable running their offense. It is not divine intervention that all these teams suddenly can hit 3 pointers.

Observations after last night:

1. Dillingham manned up after the missed FT at the end of the Florida game. He accepted the challenge of "we may lose but it won't be because of me ever again." He should start and be our Knecht and when he draws a second defender, he has the ability to pass to the man left open.

2. Ugo is helping us and will continue to develop. Bradshaw, however, gives us nothing. Z has got to be the second big and he needs increased work at practice and significant game minutes with the regular rotation starting immediately. Three bigs is one too many and Bradshaw is the one to be dropped.

3. Edwards had three big baskets in a stretch of the first half when UT was really close to blowing us out and Thiero was solid throughout. Those two need to play enough to rest Mitchell more and give him the stamina to work harder to get open. Mitchell's shots and passes are weak as hell right no
Agree 100% Bradshaw looks so lost out there trying to play.

Nah, at this point Calipari is trying to get fired so he can collect and move on. We all know how the program needs to operate, and so does Cal, but he’s going to get that money, come hell or high water.

Funny how the entire state knows Z needed to on the floor .. some .. and our idiot coach refused to play him , so reminiscent of several previous years when a player deserved 15-20-25 min and got zero , or a player who clearly .. clearly didnt deserve to start .. starts , so many examples we could fill an entire thread with roster mismanagement . His ego is o entirely large he cant attend to be proven wrong .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT