ADVERTISEMENT

FBI probe news involving Kansas player de Sousa

De Suzy accepted $20,000 or more to go to Kansas. If he did not get this money, he would never had attended KU. Therefore, he must be declared ineligible. How damn hard is it.
I thought the FBI report clearly said it was his handler that took money and that KU had no idea? If so that would be crazy to believe, but if we are to believe the FBI about the money in the first place, I guess we have to believe all of it.

I thought the FBI report clearly said it was his handler that took money and that KU had no idea? If so that would be crazy to believe, but if we are to believe the FBI about the money in the first place, I guess we have to believe all of it.

Yeah, poor KU getting caught up in all this bad stuff. Their kids are saints. Every year someone makes those kids do bad things and get in trouble. I feel so badly for them.

A payment from an agent is an NCAA violation. Regardless of the intent. Both payments are allegations, both if true are violations. I'm saying there is no evidence that either took place, yet you want to crucify KU and excuse it for KY?

Man, after this comment of yours and your refusal to admit wrongdoing by KU while attempting to compare it with the Bam situation solidifies the notion that nobody on this board should take you seriously

And don't forget Darryl Arthur. Hell, he hasn't legitimately graduated from high school yet.

Dream class for me would be:

G Anthony
G Maxey
F Brooks
F Jeffries
F McDaniels
F Wiseman
F Allen

I think we get Green, Baker, Herro, and Richards back.

G Anthony/Green
G Maxey/Baker
F Brooks/Herro/Allen
F McDaniels/Jeffries
F Wiseman/Richards

That would be an outstanding team. I don't really think we will get Anthony, though. The rest are real possibilities.

They won that 2008 championship with Arthur on the team, Brandon Rush was another one that was always questionable..

Reactions: lkc1234
You sleep with dogs, your rise with the fleas. self is just so lucky he is at ku and in the back pocket of the ncaa. he has been scratching at fleas every single year there. fuq him and his rug.

Jesus man, give it up. You sound like a holocost denier. KU is dirty. Go a head and admit it. You'll feel better for telling the truth.

The Bam "loan", if it happened, was for NC State. Please keep up.

My point wasn't for which school the payment was made. My point was that if Bam did take an agent loan, he would be ineligible per NCAA rules and any game he played in would be vacated regardless of where he played.

Your point is that KU cheats, I disagree, but I'm not stupid I am making a different point.

The similarity between the two allegations is that an agent paid cash to a recruit or a recruit handler. It goes to further point out that these things aren't a KU problem, it is a college basketball problem and every school which has top 100 type talent on its roster is likely playing a player who has been paid, regardless of amount. No exceptions.

Reactions: jrscats
For all ku fans and practically all the media, its the classic example of " the emperor wears no clothes" perfect description of what has gone on there.

My point wasn't for which school the payment was made. My point was that if Bam did take an agent loan, he would be ineligible per NCAA rules and any game he played in would be vacated regardless of where he played.

Your point is that KU cheats, I disagree, but I'm not stupid I am making a different point.

The similarity between the two allegations is that an agent paid cash to a recruit or a recruit handler. It goes to further point out that these things aren't a KU problem, it is a college basketball problem and every school which has top 100 type talent on its roster is likely playing a player who has been paid, regardless of amount. No exceptions.

Probably doesn't matter to anyone but me, but we found out about Bam after he played for us.

KU played/will play him even after allegations were made.

They should hold him out until he is cleared.

To me, that's on the school if they know something is amiss.

Well, believe as you wish. Since I'm sure you don't think all of Cliff Alexanders games should have been vacated, I would state that your position on anything of this nature is twisted. Lets see, his mother took out a loan from a finance company that pro agents direct players to. Are you saying Kansas is clever, the agent is clever, Cliff is clever or his momma is clever? At any rate, by your definition, all of those games should be vacated.....different rules huh.

Well, believe as you wish. Since I'm sure you don't think all of Cliff Alexanders games should have been vacated, I would state that your position on anything of this nature is twisted. Lets see, his mother took out a loan from a finance company that pro agents direct players to. Are you saying Kansas is clever, the agent is clever, Cliff is clever or his momma is clever? At any rate, by your definition, all of those games should be vacated.....different rules huh.

Under current NCAA rules, yes. But I think the current rules need to be changed, since the problem is so pervasive and college coaches should not be held responsible for having to do their jobs and police the handlers and parents or recruits 24/7 from the influence of agents who could care less about NCAA basketball. I think the NCAA is taking a realistic look at these types of occurrences and whether the school participated (like UA and Louisville) and then assessing whether punishment to the school is warranted.

Bille Self is an absolute genius.

Not as a coach (LOL), but because he's an absolute master money-launderer (or someone at Kansas is, and Self nods his head while looking the other way) and an absolute master at kissing the ass of the right national media members so that none of them ever ask him a single question about why he signs such an UNBELIEVABLE amount of recruits who are later discovered to have had what seem like really, really shady recruitments, including some getting caught seeking outright bribery.

And I give him a 9/10 on his toupee game.

Bille Self is an absolute genius.

Not as a coach (LOL), but because he's an absolute master money-launderer (or someone at Kansas is, and Self nods his head while looking the other way) and an absolute master at kissing the ass of the right national media members so that none of them ever ask him a single question about why he signs such an UNBELIEVABLE amount of recruits who are later discovered to have had what seem like really, really shady recruitments, including some getting caught seeking outright bribery.

And I give him a 9/10 on his toupee game.
He seems untouchable. Just like Roy and the Duke Coach. Oh, BTW, he does have a good hairpiece.

Reactions: crpoore
Under current NCAA rules, yes. But I think the current rules need to be changed, since the problem is so pervasive and college coaches should not be held responsible for having to do their jobs and police the handlers and parents or recruits 24/7 from the influence of agents who could care less about NCAA basketball. I think the NCAA is taking a realistic look at these types of occurrences and whether the school participated (like UA and Louisville) and then assessing whether punishment to the school is warranted.
Nothing was known about pervasiveness then but KU still got away with it. As for the rules, so if car theft gets pervasive should we just make it legal? Thats effectively what you said.

Agreed! I knew I should have stayed away from this thread, but thought my first post would be seen for what it was... a joke. Then I got pounced upon. :)

In the end, aren't we all Kansas fans?
Um no. Kansas and the rug doctor blow. I can’t wait to watch the team turmoil with all if your transfers trying to mesh with what you have coming in already. Not to mention Vick. Rest assured, if there is something to be found on De Sousa they will find it. I’m sure Vick will get suspended again for doing something stupid. It will demand the ball everytine down being a senior for the 10th yr. not to mention the twins from Memphis who seem like world class aholes especially what they said about tubby. I hope Kansas falls apart and we beat you by 59 in Rupp. Your best best is to really on grimes, Dotson, and Azubuike if you can ever get him the ball with all the ball hogs in that team

Nothing was known about pervasiveness then but KU still got away with it. As for the rules, so if car theft gets pervasive should we just make it legal? Thats effectively what you said.

Everyone who follows recruiting knows that handlers looking for handouts and agents trying to recruit high school players is nothing new. Also, car theft is against the law. Agents paying high school players or their parents or handlers is not against the law, it is against NCAA archaic amateurism rules. So not comparable.

Um no. Kansas and the rug doctor blow. I can’t wait to watch the team turmoil with all if your transfers trying to mesh with what you have coming in already. Not to mention Vick. Rest assured, if there is something to be found on De Sousa they will find it. I’m sure Vick will get suspended again for doing something stupid. It will demand the ball everytine down being a senior for the 10th yr. not to mention the twins from Memphis who seem like world class aholes especially what they said about tubby. I hope Kansas falls apart and we beat you by 59 in Rupp. Your best best is to really on grimes, Dotson, and Azubuike if you can ever get him the ball with all the ball hogs in that team

I love you man.

As far as deSousa, to be certain he’s good to go he should transfer to Duke and be eligible immediately and no investigation would ever happen.
See Lance Thomas, they waited till he was on the NBA and out of the NCAA reach.
Didn’t work for D Rose however. Although it was never proven at all. Yet Memphis vacated a FF and 38 wins. The NCAA punishes only those they want to. Hell, UNC got away with the worst cheating in history. Louisville loses 2 FF, a championship, and 100+ wins over a few hoes.

I love you man.
54_DD6_D12-63_F0-41_DB-_A594-48_D71_B58_FBA0.jpg

Everyone who follows recruiting knows that handlers looking for handouts and agents trying to recruit high school players is nothing new. Also, car theft is against the law. Agents paying high school players or their parents or handlers is not against the law, it is against NCAA archaic amateurism rules. So not comparable.
You need to drop the word "archaic", that is simply your opinion and the lynchpin of your rationalization. Rules are to followed. Breaking rules en masse should not be the rationalization to end the rule, regardless of the governing body.

Someone already gave away that De Sousa's people accepted money and thats why Maryland is involved now.......... The ncaa is going to make KU sit the kid the same way preston sat....

Agreed! I knew I should have stayed away from this thread, but thought my first post would be seen for what it was... a joke. Then I got pounced upon. :)

In the end, aren't we all Kansas fans?

You guys are completely filthy I know for an absolute fact, best friends wth kid that played with Sheron Collins, locked for Illinois but went on Kansa visit and verbatim “he never left hotel Room in Lawrence, parents and handler were given Ford Explorer and 50k, they accept, he flys home next day and announces.absolute 100 percent fact. I heard and witnessed

You guys are completely filthy I know for an absolute fact, best friends wth kid that played with Sheron Collins, locked for Illinois but went on Kansa visit and verbatim “he never left hotel Room in Lawrence, parents and handler were given Ford Explorer and 50k, they accept, he flys home next day and announces.absolute 100 percent fact. I heard and witnessed
I’d like to believe your story but why wouldn’t he ride home with his parents in the shiny new Ford Explorer?

The only people hurt by this are Kansas fans. You couldn't even play your highest rated recruit this past year, who you sorely missed especially with Udoka's injury.. Meanwhile, you feel the need to bring up Bam.

Bam played for us, every game. Zero problems. And no one is going back to look at that because it's a non issue. We're fine. Our players are fine.

Like.. your damn guys aren't playing! Selby.. Sousa.. How are you not pissed at this? Self could purposely take a technical to lose the championship game because someone paid him $1,000,000 and you'd still be like "Well, Kentucky probably did such and such".

The only people hurt by this are Kansas fans. You couldn't even play your highest rated recruit this past year, who you sorely missed especially with Udoka's injury.. Meanwhile, you feel the need to bring up Bam.

Bam played for us, every game. Zero problems. And no one is going back to look at that because it's a non issue. We're fine. Our players are fine.

Like.. your damn guys aren't playing! Selby.. Sousa.. How are you not pissed at this? Self could purposely take a technical to lose the championship game because someone paid him $1,000,000 and you'd still be like "Well, Kentucky probably did such and such".

I'm not going to get in to this any more. You disagree with my opinion and I respect your right to do so. Especially on your home board. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT