ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite/Least favorite

Pizza Slice

Blue Chip Prospect
Aug 31, 2017
Who is your guys favorite Cat of all time and then your least favorite. Also why?

My Favorite: Gotta be Deandre Liggins. Dude was an absolute bulldog and didn't have to score to impact games. Underrated passer as well. Also clutch when needed to be.

Least Favorite: Isaiah Briscoe. He screwed our spacing and every time he drove if he couldn't play bully ball he'd get swatted into the bleachers. His comments about UK stirred me the wrong way too.

Favorite is hard but fun to my head has to be AD. Kid was simply unbelievable.

Least favorite: Derek Willis. Mostly Bc of the posters on here and his horrible defense

Reactions: Pizza Slice
I have fond memories of so many players from different eras that it would be difficult to pick one. As far as least favorite, it is is an easy choice. Daniel Orton. He was a total jackass and didn’t have the decency to finish the semester. I sat right behind the UK bench during the SEC tournament that year and he and Cal got into it big time. He was a total prick.

Fav: John Wall. After wandering in the basketball wilderness for years, this one recruit meant UK was "BACK".

Least fav: Rex Chapman. Terrible, annoying personality... narcissist... accused UK fans/admin of racism, and to top it all off, acted like the biggest douche-canoe of all-time with his "Cal to Lakers done deal" tweet right before the freaking NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Got zero respect for that guy.

Mashburn and Patterson are my top two, I deduct some points from the one and dones regardless of how much I liked them. Liggins is way up there for me too.
I won't list a least favorite. There's a couple that come to mind but I can't know what they were going through.
Go Cats!

I'm only 22 and I don't recall Steve. Can you explain why you disliked him?

He slurped pitino juice and became his mini me at U6. Then he went to coach south Florida and lied on his resume that he was a UK grad when in fact he never graduated. He has taken his cues from his mentor and is a disgrace.

Fav: Fox, seemed to have fun playing and it was a blast to watch him annihlate Ball in the NCAAs. That’s team deserved a final four.

Least: Briscoes time spent here didn’t really benefit us or him, and he didn’t have the best attitude about it. It’s one of those situations where everyone wishes they didn’t get into it.

I'm only 22 and I don't recall Steve. Can you explain why you disliked him?
He was a walk-on for Pitino's 96 team. I never heard anybody that had met say anything nice about him. Most just call him Jackass, he even looked like Steve-O on Jackass. I never met either one of them though..
Edit: Wildcats1st first with a much better explanation than mine.

Last edited:
Jack Givens is probably my favorite...Delk...Miller....AD...Willis...are right there too.

My least favorites are these two guys.

leron_ellis.jpg

dec-2001-rashaad-carruth-of-the-kentucky-wildcats-walks-on-the-floor-picture-id641435

Last edited:
Givens he good
Ronnie Lyons loved the guy and worked with him at IBM in early 80’s.

I don’t remember a player I didn’t like. If you wore blue I loved ya.

Least favorite coach. Easy choice Billy Clyde.

My favorite pizza is Pepperoni. Player is Goose.
Least favorite pizza is papa johns
Least favorite person Bob nite
I like any player that wore the big blue uniform.

Who is your guys favorite Cat of all time and then your least favorite. Also why?

My Favorite: Gotta be Deandre Liggins. Dude was an absolute bulldog and didn't have to score to impact games. Underrated passer as well. Also clutch when needed to be.

Least Favorite: Isaiah Briscoe. He screwed our spacing and every time he drove if he couldn't play bully ball he'd get swatted into the bleachers. His comments about UK stirred me the wrong way too.
Red Chapman

Favotire- John Wall and Cliff Hawkins. Wall was a freak athlete and the first PG that I've seen play for UK that you could throw lobs to. His defense was solid, too. Hawkins was all heart, gotta respect that.

Least Favorite - Bogans, only because he's the most overrated player in UK history. Seems like every week someone talks about how great he was. I thought he was decent, but not great by any means. And he had always had a mole that was extra long you could see clearly in interviews. Looked like a black noodle. Cut dat crap off.

Favorite: Mashburn - helped resurrect the program and for the time was a rare specimen with his combo of skill, strength, shooting touch and ball handling ability.

Least favorite: Michael Porter. Shitty player and even worse person considering the whole used his role as youth pastor to molest teenagers.

Favotire- John Wall and Cliff Hawkins. Wall was a freak athlete and the first PG that I've seen play for UK that you could throw lobs to. His defense was solid, too. Hawkins was all heart, gotta respect that.

Least Favorite - Bogans, only because he's the most overrated player in UK history. Seems like every week someone talks about how great he was. I thought he was decent, but not great by any means. And he had always had a mole that was extra long you could see clearly in interviews. Looked like a black noodle. Cut dat crap off.

You really found the fourth leading scorer in program history to be overrated?

Talk about standards. Geez.

Aside from personal hatred, or insignificant players.

Favorite - can't say. Probably Tony Delk or Chuck Hayes, could be Jeff Sheppard or AD. Could be Mashburn. Ask me tomorrow and the day after.

Least favorite? Orton, Briscoe, Porter, and Sheray Thomas.

Never thought a guy who finished 4th all time in scoring at UK and was the SEC POY (only the 10th in UK history at the time) could be considered overrated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT