ADVERTISEMENT

Fake Insiders

I doubt that but look I have $100 on the line with an Oklahoma State guy who also thought Wednesday what's going to be the day of decision. Anyway the hundred dollar bet is that Cunningham chooses UK and the OSU guy of course chooses his own School. I could get this one wrong but as far as I know I was the first person on the UK side of things to make a prediction that UK had a shot at Cunningham. and I still believe UK will win the battle

What led you to believe the announcement was coming Wednesday? You didn’t just say it was possible, you said it was happening, period. That now looks like a completely BS rumor that you shouldn’t have presented as if it were a fact and given people a false sense of hope.

It’s not that I don’t believe Dave is plugged in and getting great info — I do. And I appreciate him sharing it.

Only thing I’ll say I take a little issue with — and it’s not a big deal so nobody freak out — is when the info is presented as such a sure thing. As in, this is happening you can even expect an announcement tomorrow! And then when it doesn’t happen and people go “wtf man, what happened to that?” All the blowback the people that call it out get that says “don’t you understand recruiting, and how things change?! Just appreciate the info!” Well yeah I do understand it and I understand how things change. So why present the info as such a sure thing? It’s not a big deal but it’s a nuance I think that needs to be pointed out. You can come with all this info but you always have this “well things change” caveat. Which is totally understandable if it’s presented in that way on the front end. Does what I’m saying make sense?

Also can I say I’m not trying to just single Dave out here. This is general statement about all the so called “insiders.”
My thoughts exactly. Also the ‘get the cream out’ ... and the ‘will announce today or tomorrow, probably on ESPN’ ... and that just wasn’t true but it came AFTER the smoke.
I enjoy reading Dave’s posts and he seems like a great guy. I appreciate that he posts what he hears on this board, but sometimes it comes off as he’s stretching a little and providing information as if it’s 100% happening

LOL at the OP . It is called recruiting . Things are fluid . This board ( mostly HOB not RR but still its all the same thing ) has great insiders like Graff, Awk34, Dave K , Justwar and others . There are 1-2 what I would call fake insiders but this thread is calling out the actual insiders which does no one any good . I swear some have penis envy with these people as they can't stand that someone knows more then them so they must attack them.
I never said the HOB guys are fake. David Sisk, Rowland, Travis, all are honest and try to get as much info as possible and a lot of the times they give some clarity on where they’re hearing the info without stating names

Reactions: ScrooDook92
LOL at the OP . It is called recruiting . Things are fluid . This board ( mostly HOB not RR but still its all the same thing ) has great insiders like Graff, Awk34, Dave K , Justwar and others . There are 1-2 what I would call fake insiders but this thread is calling out the actual insiders which does no one any good . I swear some have penis envy with these people as they can't stand that someone knows more then them so they must attack them.

you may be the biggest oaf in the history of sports discussion boards.

Reactions: Green River
If you are going to put people's heroes on blast just know you are going to be crapped on here just like anywhere else. Truth be damned.

Dave Kersey is like others who sometimes post information. They pass along what they have been told, from those who are in a position to know about a recruit. More often than not, the info is accurate, but every now and then, their source jumped the gun, or a kid changed his mind. However, Dave is right most of the time and he would not just post something to garner attention. Dave and a couple of others, pass along information and that is why I am on this board.

Dave Kersey is like others who sometimes post information. They pass along what they have been told, from those who are in a position to know about a recruit. More often than not, the info is accurate, but every now and then, their source jumped the gun, or a kid changed his mind. However, Dave is right most of the time and he would not just post something to garner attention. Dave and a couple of others, pass along information and that is why I am on this board.
Done Deal

Reactions: STL_Cat
Don't let the low post count fool ya, but I have some insider info. Cade to UK is about 90% to Kentucky as of now. No Silents at the moment. No on Isiah Jackson at the moment too, but as everyone knows, it can be subject to change quickly. Go Cats!

problems-encounters-monorail-CEqagLI1QmnYI

I beg to differ. No, I can't do better but I know a salesman when I see one. I grew up around them.

Reactions: kl40504
Don't let the low post count fool ya, but I have some insider info. Cade to UK is about 90% to Kentucky as of now. No Silents at the moment. No on Isiah Jackson at the moment too, but as everyone knows, it can be subject to change quickly. Go Cats!
Well you won't be wrong about Cade 90% to Uk if he comes you can say, I told you. If he doesn't come you can say, I said there was a chance he wouldn't. Your info I trust But how are you certain that it isn't 89%

agree and no date certain for Cunningham to announce he was really pissed off about social media jumping on that Wednesday so he canceled that and now I look for it in mid to late November but could happen quicker

Reactions: GGary
I doubt that but look I have $100 on the line with an Oklahoma State guy who also thought Wednesday what's going to be the day of decision. Anyway the hundred dollar bet is that Cunningham chooses UK and the OSU guy of course chooses his own School. I could get this one wrong but as far as I know I was the first person on the UK side of things to make a prediction that UK had a shot at Cunningham. and I still believe UK will win the battle

First person where? On this board? Just curious. If so, this board doesn't have great intel.

I beg to differ. No, I can't do better but I know a salesman when I see one. I grew up around them.
This. Hes a 70 plus year old man who lives in florida how the hell is he plugged into anything UK related that we are regular fans are not?People are so damn gullible....no wonder jim jones got a thousand people to drink poison. I've seen his posts for years....he just repeats everything he hears and makes assumptions.

Last edited:

This. Hes a 70 plus year old man who lives in florida how the hell is he plugged into anything UK related. People are so damn gullible....no wonder jim jones got a thousand people to drink poison. I've seen his posts for years....he just repeats everything he hears and makes assumptions.

you two should hook up here if you haven’t met on farmersonly.com yet

Reactions: thepip and kl40504
What's Dave selling? Doesn't really have anything to gain if he's right, the adoration of this board? Big deal! And nothing but ridicule if he's wrong.
Why doesn't that apply to everyone else then who makes predictions that are wrong? Most get ran off the board or damn near it? I get certain posters hate each other but that doesn't make it right

Reactions: kl40504
This. Hes a 70 plus year old man who lives in florida how the hell is he plugged into anything UK related that we are regular fans are not?People are so damn gullible....no wonder jim jones got a thousand people to drink poison. I've seen his posts for years....he just repeats everything he hears and makes assumptions.
LMAO so tell me where does Kevin Boyle live and after you Google that because I'm sure you have no idea who I'm talkin about then tell me how long has he been on the job? get it?

Times like these are when we find out who the true insiders are and who just wants attention. Certain people alluded to Cade giving a commitment to UK in the past 2 days and Cade himself said he’s still open to all schools on his list.
He wouldn’t say that if he had committed to Kentucky , even if it was a silent commit.

I do believe the insiders who posted that they believe UK gets him, but certain people claimed that ‘we got him’ or that ‘Cade will commit soon and he’s coming to UK’... thankfully we can weed out the fakes through recruitments like these
I believe a lot who do this are sincere but their emotions take over and compel them to make wishful thinking predictions.

Reactions: kyups01 and kl40504
LMAO so tell me where does Kevin Boyle live and after you Google that because I'm sure you have no idea who I'm talkin about then tell me how long has he been on the job? get it?
Nah...you posted u lived in florida urself ...I highly doubt u know kevin Boyle lol...everyone knows where he coaches..montverde

Reactions: okcpokefan12
There has never been an Insider on this board ever. What people don't understand and I've tried to pound this into people's memories over the past 30 years that even guys like Evan are Outsiders. To think that anyone who posts here gets first-hand information well you are traveling on the wrong road. what does happen is that Outsiders like me get information from other Outsiders and we compare notes and then we make decisions about the chances of Landing a prospect. There were times when it was easier to obtain information especially from the UK coaching staff but those days are over with the Calipari regime. over the years there have been people posting on this board who were getting better information than some others but they were run off by clueless people similar to those who are posting now. and it's a shame

Great Post Dave. We have so many young people now that don’t know anything about you. So many people just waiting to put anyone down that post anything about what their hearing. As you said things change on the turn of a dime (the young ones will not understand this phrase). I’ve followed you for a long time. I’m 62 and from Southeastern Kentucky, so I know your history. Just ignore the dick heads and keyboard cowboys. They couldn’t hang with us old guys.

Cal plays his cards close to the vest(another phrase they will not understand). Please keep on posting and ignore the jackass’s that continue to attack you. I’ll take your info and love reading it everyday. Those that attack you can kiss my @ss.

This board goes crazy about every post that even slightly suggest a recruit is leaning our way. They just don’t get that we are dealing with kids that are 17 and 18 years old. I deal with them everyday at work. I know their decision making processes and how fast their minds can change. It just takes 1 person they trust that gives them bad info to change their mind. Us older guys and gals think things through, look at our options, do some research and make a decision. These kids are listening and trusting people that don’t have their best interest in mind. They have their best interest in mind.

Cade has a very difficult decision to o make. He has to disappoint his brother on one hand if it’s UK. He makes his brother happy and his brother is guaranteed to keep his job if Cade picks the Okie State. Wow! I believe Cade picks UK. It’s the best business decision he can make. He knows it. His family knows it, and his brother knows it. Let’s hope Cade is as smart as I think he is. If so, it’s an easy decision. If he just goes with his heart, well you know.

There's typically a pattern.

Real reporters do honest-to-God actual reporting on a player.

Pretend Insiders pretend to hear the same thing and post about it on message boards and social media.

This generates excitement. Someone then takes the actual news and tries to be the guy with a scoop by pushing it beyond the limits of truth. They say it'll happen sooner than it will, that it has already happened, or they add something to it that isn't verified. Maybe they turn a likelihood into a certainty.

That's where the problems happen.

Listen to what is factual and stop eating up garbage just because you're hungry and don't want to wait for dinner.

There has never been an Insider on this board ever. What people don't understand and I've tried to pound this into people's memories over the past 30 years that even guys like Evan are Outsiders. To think that anyone who posts here gets first-hand information well you are traveling on the wrong road. what does happen is that Outsiders like me get information from other Outsiders and we compare notes and then we make decisions about the chances of Landing a prospect. There were times when it was easier to obtain information especially from the UK coaching staff but those days are over with the Calipari regime. over the years there have been people posting on this board who were getting better information than some others but they were run off by clueless people similar to those who are posting now. and it's a shame

I agree with your final sentiment.
But I am comfortable saying there has been legitimate inside information posted to this board. Direct line information - as in, something more than 'outsiders' sifting thru a collection of opinions and posting the most likely.
But I would imagine this is a tough place to post, as this board can be very cynical. And honestly - that is a good thing. The default position should be to distrust what is posted to these forums.
The downside is, some legit ones get caught in the nets.

Reactions: Aike
Great Post Dave. We have so many young people now that don’t know anything about you. So many people just waiting to put anyone down that post anything about what their hearing. As you said things change on the turn of a dime (the young ones will not understand this phrase). I’ve followed you for a long time. I’m 62 and from Southeastern Kentucky, so I know your history. Just ignore the dick heads and keyboard cowboys. They couldn’t hang with us old guys.

Cal plays his cards close to the vest(another phrase they will not understand). Please keep on posting and ignore the jackass’s that continue to attack you. I’ll take your info and love reading it everyday. Those that attack you can kiss my @ss.

This board goes crazy about every post that even slightly suggest a recruit is leaning our way. They just don’t get that we are dealing with kids that are 17 and 18 years old. I deal with them everyday at work. I know their decision making processes and how fast their minds can change. It just takes 1 person they trust that gives them bad info to change their mind. Us older guys and gals think things through, look at our options, do some research and make a decision. These kids are listening and trusting people that don’t have their best interest in mind. They have their best interest in mind.

Cade has a very difficult decision to o make. He has to disappoint his brother on one hand if it’s UK. He makes his brother happy and his brother is guaranteed to keep his job if Cade picks the Okie State. Wow! I believe Cade picks UK. It’s the best business decision he can make. He knows it. His family knows it, and his brother knows it. Let’s hope Cade is as smart as I think he is. If so, it’s an easy decision. If he just goes with his heart, well you know.
and that is a great post. but you know it's been this way for years ever since I started working for Rick Pitino in 92 and sharing information on different boards there's a bunch of infighting and jealousy and I don't think that will ever change

and that is a great post. but you know it's been this way for years ever since I started working for Rick Pitino in 92 and sharing information on different boards there's a bunch of infighting and jealousy and I don't think that will ever change
I can promise you it will not change. So may children posting now. Just ignore the children and keep posting.

Essentially what I’m getting at. Certain people want to be the recruiting guru so bad that they gamble in hopes that they’re right. There’s a reason these ‘insiders’ are breaking the news AFTER there’s tons of smoke... but of course they’ll be vague enough to have wiggle room to save face.

If you follow recruiting at all, basketball or football, then you should know that nothing is ever done until the line is signed and the fax is in.

I appreciate any poster who wishes to share information.

Is some of it bullshit? Of course. Can some of it be solid information that turns out to be wrong because, at the end of the day, only the teenager and his family know 100% and minds/decisions can change? Of course.

Key is to not take anything personal and don't get too emotionally attached. Follow recruiting for the fun of it and don't take anyone too serious.

It's entertainment, as is anything sports-related.

Reactions: Ocornett
If you follow recruiting at all, basketball or football, then you should know that nothing is ever done until the line is signed and the fax is in.

I appreciate any poster who wishes to share information.

Is some of it bullshit? Of course. Can some of it be solid information that turns out to be wrong because, at the end of the day, only the teenager and his family know 100% and minds/decisions can change? Of course.

Key is to not take anything personal and don't get too emotionally attached. Follow recruiting for the fun of it and don't take anyone too serious.

It's entertainment, as is anything sports-related.

And this is why I posted the other day that I hoped it was true, but I was not getting my hopes up because I had my hopes dashed before. It was not because I did not trust Dave, because I have read enough of his posts, and know enough about his contacts, that I knew he had been told some credible information. He does not post info just to be doing so. But, this isn't my first rodeo, either, and I just know that info may be accurate one hour, and inaccurate the next, due to parents, handlers, and mostly because 17 year old kids change their minds more often than their socks. So, while Dave's info did not turn out to be accurate, I'm sure he was passing along info given him from a trusted source, and it just happened to change. It happens.

When did you start sharing information on different boards?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk and thepip
Why doesn't that apply to everyone else then who makes predictions that are wrong? Most get ran off the board or damn near it? I get certain posters hate each other but that doesn't make it right
He was accused of selling something, of having some ulterior motive for passing out the info that he has and I wanted to know what it was that it he was selling and why that might be. He's never claimed to be an insider, just the opposite in fact, and has been right more than wrong. We all get on here for info/rumors and he passes along what he hears, some of the people that have been ran off were posers or trolls and just seeking to stir the pot or get attention for themselves. I think Dave's been upfront with what he's about and personally don't think he falls into either one of those categories, could be wrong. I guess only time will tell.

Reactions: kyups01
Times like these are when we find out who the true insiders are and who just wants attention. Certain people alluded to Cade giving a commitment to UK in the past 2 days and Cade himself said he’s still open to all schools on his list.
He wouldn’t say that if he had committed to Kentucky , even if it was a silent commit.

I do believe the insiders who posted that they believe UK gets him, but certain people claimed that ‘we got him’ or that ‘Cade will commit soon and he’s coming to UK’... thankfully we can weed out the fakes through recruitments like these
Nobody knows whether or not we will sign Cunningham until Cunningham signs. Until Cunningham announces his intentions, everything should be taken with a couple grains of salt. And if Cunningham comes to Kentucky and has a couple bad games, he will get slammed by some of the same posters who are salivating now.

People post that stuff here because they get attention. They get attention because too many people are ravenously hungry for rumors whether valid or not. Nobody is happier about good recruiting news than me, but rumors are not news. There should be more to life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT