ADVERTISEMENT

Exhibit A why you should not bet on sports

Sorry, I was only talking about ML but I didn’t say it. It is a small payout, just a safer method I think. I’m no big gambler
I figured it was a ML bet when you just listed the +130 and +125. Only time I ever do that is if there is a margin of spread to maybe middle and win both bets. I mostly gamble for entertainment, but still try to pay attention so I can turn a profit. The whole key is only bet what you can / willing to lose. NEVER chase, and know when it is time to lay off and lick your wounds. Same for winning, if you get up, do not start betting silly and give it all back. Biggest mistakes I see normal bettors do is bet with their heart and bet too many games. If you bet 20-25 games on any given Saturday, expect to lose, even if you end up going 50%, you lose because of all the juice you pay of the 50% losers. (assuming you flat bet the same amount on every game). Also, stay AWAY from teasers and parlays. They are called teasers for a reason and parlays for every one you hit, you will lose 10 or close. it is Ok to play a small $5 or $10 parlay every now and then, but that is about it.

Do you all realize how ignorant this belief that there is an overwhelming level of cheating going on in sports just because you‘re stupid enough to bet actual money on players/teams affected by dozens of factors and lose that money? Do a little research on cheating scandals. It’s really hard to shave points, control the spread, etc. There are algorithms that do nothing but look at anomalies. It’s the same level of intelligence that believes in conspiracies to rig national elections across multiple states. Just accept that your team lost or you lost money and move on. if you really believe this, why watch sports? Just watch the WWE. That’s actually rigged.

And in 1984 against G-Town. Leading at the half and come out of the locker room with your head down. Fix was on that day 53-40 loss
The most painful loss in UK history. There will never be a worse 2nd half by a UK team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT