ADVERTISEMENT

Ewe Tea adding "talent fee" to ticket prices

To make matters worse, I saw an article earlier that said that “the governor of Georgia has signed an executive order prohibiting the NCAA or any conference or organization from enforcing NIL rules or taking “adverse action” against Georgia schools for facilitating or offering NIL compensation to athletes. “ I can see a lot of states doing the same. So now they won’t even need to make these little fees. They can just literally drop it off at their front door. The NCAA is a dead man walking at this point and college has turned pro.

The NCAA at this time.....

Weekend At Bernies Hello GIF

Like I said in the other thread, crazy how quickly this went from let them sign some autographs to adding talent fees to tickets. I didn’t have an issue with the original premise of NIL, but we are far from that original model now.
Exactly this. Schools should have never been allowed to be involved in this. If athletes got paid to do commercials or make for profit IG posts and such on their own time, thats up for them to secure. The schools putting their hands in it have made college sports pay for play. It's only going to get messier until a better solution is in place.

Teams with the biggest purse strings that is loose with the money will get the kids.
HS players here in Memphis are already making NIL money before stepping on campus. Things have sure changed since the Emery incident.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT